Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Nidi's Mike Parker Marquee board mods
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbmeyer13

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:29 am    Post subject: Re: MP Mod Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
mp20748 wrote:

Here is a few things for you to chew on:

1) Nidi was aware of the problem on his board, and was the ONLY reason the modded boards were not working properly, beside the gain issue which was another subject, but had nothing to do with a failure or something not working. It was a misunderstanding, and we got beyond that.

2) Your justifying a wring by saying since the problem was not fixed, it was or would have been OK to send the boards to Kurt. I'm not at all shocked by seeing you write something so ridiculous. And can use a thousand examples of why that is so ridiculous, but thought would rather not. Here's how it works in the service industry. When an item or device is under a warranty, and the warranty has explicit rules stated on what NOT TO DO. To include, if there is also an agreement in place saying what has to be done. You'll just have to throw your opinions on this out the window and try to understand the rule governs, and let's not leave out that he's been like others persistently pursued to send my boards to someone he agreed to not send them to.

Purchase aboard from Curt or Tim then indicate that it has a ongoing problem. Send that board to someone else that these two guys not only advised to not send their board to, and then notify these seasoned service professionals that the same person who agreed to NOT send their board to, that they have found problems with it and this was done with consent.

Question, what do you think the results would be here, especially if it would be someone who others have been informing them that this particular person has been trying to get them to send their boards to. And let's not forget that the person is clearly seen as being an adversary.

I think at this point you either learn the rules of the service warranty industry, or just stay out of this going back and forth trying to justify something because of your motivation here.

Again Mike- if you knew there was a problem you shouldn't have modded the boards. You invited disaster on yourself.

I don't disagree with your logic on the rules typical of the service industry. The problem is that across the past couple of years you haven't been typical. Poor QC, excessive wait and constantly mailing problematic boards back and forth to the point where you have multiple pissed off customers. I'm sure the first "rule" is that you provide a working product in a reasonable amount of time. You make a big stink that he sent the boards to Kurt when the main problem is the fact that they don't and haven't worked.

The funniest part of all this is that you thought William was sending boards to Kurt. Your paranoia sure got the best of you on that.

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra / Super 02 and 03 VIM

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nidi wrote:
Justin's Projector: Modded 9501LC ULtra- MP VIM, Vold VNB, ETECH LVPS, Silver VIM Cables, HD10F's & a V1 case!

why does Justin only use Mike's VIM and has Kurt modified VNB's , Im wondering?'

it looks like Mike's new mods on the VNB's might be less than optimal.

That came about a few years ago, when my test unit was not working and I had a small batch of neck boards that I had done that had a light output problem. That has since been solved and was also verified on the boards that you had, because you got caught up in their propaganda and was worrying about light output. And we were able to move on from there, because your calibrator confirmed that you did not have a light output problem. In fact, he was impressed with the light output and you never mentioned it again. The gain structure has been changed on my boards, it was done so to better suit the modern HD video standard, from what the original designers had in my with PC video. It is also why you don't see white clipping or bleeding on my screen. And why I'm able to show a full and dynamic 100 IRE image from pure black. Perfect linearity tracking also, something that could never happen with the stock boards, because 1) they were not designed around the HD standard. 2) the CLC449 is not a good chip for HD use because of its very high noise performance that both mute and distort the low end. If you do research on this chip, it was one of the very first wide-band chips that had incredible specs in every regard except noise. It also had a little brother (CLC409) that they used in the early Marquee 8000/9000 projectors. The little brother was first used in the marquee, to them having to replace it with the CLC449. The CLC409 would loose gain and bandwidth after it heated up for awhile. And that's when the CLC449 replaced it. And they both were discontinued, to later finding the entire Comlinear company no longer exist, because their entire product line was defective. But the CLC449 is the only one of the two bad components on that's still on the stock boards.

Just thought I would give a little more info on this since I do have first hand knowledge on this.

My video chain is completely NOISELESS. It will also show excellent depth, a virtue enhanced by the more dynamic and cleaner video chain. The better gain structure contributes a lot here. And it is so abundant on screen, it can easily be seen in my shots..Mr. Green
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: MP Mod Reply with quote

jbmeyer13 wrote:

I don't disagree with your logic on the rules typical of the service industry. The problem is that across the past couple of years you haven't been typical. Poor QC, excessive wait and constantly mailing problematic boards back and forth to the point where you have multiple pissed off customers. I'm sure the first "rule" is that you provide a working product in a reasonable amount of time. You make a big stink that he sent the boards to Kurt when the main problem is the fact that they don't and haven't worked.

And you keep saying the many customers and the people who have the bad boards, but if you remove Kurt and his few disciples, there may be one or two. Mak and Nidi are two that are victims of the hate MP movement perpetuated by Kurt. Sure they had problems with their boards, but who magnified this.

Concerning Nidi's boards, Nidi was good with not blaming me for the problem because it wasnot related to anything I did. And that is why he was indicating if I would be willing to work with the boards once more. He was originally really nice about this and had contacted me to let me know he was going to sell his boards because of that problem. But of course, Nidi now believes the problem with his boards is faulty work on my end and now I am the blame for something that was never a part of the mods, nor was there a real failing of my work. The guy was doing well for months with no mention of any a problem, and then that name in mentioned..

Just look at this and how much time you yourself have been spending on this to accomplish what? are you guys trying to get me to stop selling boards. Bingo you have contributed greatly in making that happen, but that was long ago and why spend so much time on something so ridiculous. Just face it, CRT is DEAD, that has been the case for some years now. There are very few people who would have interest in mods these days and the other reason I just gave it up. I've left the stage and allowing you guys the opportunity to take over. But in doing so be honest and stop telling people the stock boards has some kind of magic. When it's well know that can never be the case, because they were ALWAYS out performed against my Mods. And replacing a simple resistor really does little to nothing. The problem here I'm sure has more to do with you either having your own mods that would be better as what you've been saying the past two years, to the constant mentioning that someone else will be presenting something soon...has that happened yet? Gjaky, I give much props, because he's true and faithful to facts and science. He will let you know exactly where he is with things and though a young guy, he's done well to avoid being tainted and pulled on that senseless Merry-Go-Round that seems to be doing a lot of spinning but going no where.

Relax.. the CRT market is not going to rebound. Spend your time on something worth while instead. The remnant that remains care less about mods. I'm out of the business, something you guys need to accept and move on with trying to convince the half dozen that remain, that you can change a single resistor on a near 30 year design and get better results than what I have gotten out of a Marquee the past near 20 years. And by all means, stop using others as a tool to accomplish nothing. Waving flags and making public announcements that Oldsmobile sold cars with defects, is not something that makes sense these days, because Oldsmobile is no longer in business...
jbmeyer13

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: MP Mod Reply with quote

Quote:
And you keep saying the many customers and the people who have the bad boards, but if you remove Kurt and his few disciples, there may be one or two. Mak and Nidi are two that are victims of the hate MP movement perpetuated by Kurt. Sure they had problems with their boards, but who magnified this.

I said multiple customers. You don't have many customers to begin with because the market is practically non-existent at this point. Greg started the ball rolling, then you became paranoid Kurt was trying to sabotage your business (this was even before disagreements over the PJ deal), REdfox, MAK and now Nidi. While Wolfman finally has working boards it took multiple repairs and you never answered him when he asked why you charged him way more than anyone else.

Quote:
Concerning Nidi's boards, Nidi was good with not blaming me for the problem because it wasnot related to anything I did. And that is why he was indicating if I would be willing to work with the boards once more. He was originally really nice about this and had contacted me to let me know he was going to sell his boards because of that problem. But of course, Nidi now believes the problem with his boards is faulty work on my end and now I am the blame for something that was never a part of the mods, nor was there a real failing of my work. The guy was doing well for months with no mention of any a problem, and then that name in mentioned..

You confuse patience with satisfaction. Nidi wasn't satisfied and eventually his patience ran out. Kurt didn't approach him; rather he approached Kurt because he was tired of sending boards back and forth with no resolution.

Quote:
Just look at this and how much time you yourself have been spending on this to accomplish what? are you guys trying to get me to stop selling boards. Bingo you have contributed greatly in making that happen, but that was long ago and why spend so much time on something so ridiculous. Just face it, CRT is DEAD, that has been the case for some years now.

I stepped in here because Nidi has been a long time customer who wasn't part of any plot to take you down and doesn't deserve to be treated accordingly (just because he sent boards to Kurt doesn't make him complicit in any plot). To your point, I have nothing to gain financially and never did. I tried unsuccessfully to bridge the gap between yourself and Kurt, have your boards and am super content with my set up. I've publicly stated the the good (given you props on many occasions; including this thread), the bad, the ugly and it's all the straight up truth. I stood on the sidelines while all of this went down over the last couple of years and had countless in depth conversations with you (where i gave you the point blank truth whether you agreed with it or not). I was perfectly content to stay out of this until your paranoia had you accusing me of being part of some plot to destroy your business and then Nidi became the final casualty of your crap QC. So what I get out of this is piece of mind in telling the truth.

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfman got his reply yesterday by PM. He should be clear as to why the prices were different, considering the time period between the two deals, and for what he asked for himself and got plus more.

Once more can I remind you that the last time Nidi indicated to me that he was having a problem with the boards, would most likely have been the later part of last year, so please why you keep indicating that Nidi has been complaining and I've somehow been ignoring him, or for so far this year he's been complaing to Kurt to solve the problems I've ignored.

Also, and once more, please stop trying to justify the wrong of Nidi involving Kurt in this. Wasn't my showing the PM agreement between him and I enough. And even besides that, it's always wrong to involve someone else in situations like this.

Now once more. Try and remember that the boards being sent back and forth was most likely last year. In a few days it'll be May.
jbmeyer13

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Once more can I remind you that the last time Nidi indicated to me that he was having a problem with the boards, would most likely have been the later part of last year, so please why you keep indicating that Nidi has been complaining and I've somehow been ignoring him, or for so far this year he's been complaing to Kurt to solve the problems I've ignored.

Once more, these boards were sent back and forth multiple times and NEVER worked. I never said you ignored him. The issue is that they didn't work. Anything with Kurt is ancillary to that fact and should really be left out of this aspect of the discussion.

He gave you the chance to fix it once and you failed to do so. He doesn't owe you anything (certainly doesn't need to keep informing you of your crap QC). The failure is yours, plain and simple. The fact you can't admit this is just flat out sad.

If you would admit your mistakes and get Nidi a fresh set of boards EVERYONE would be happy. However, we all know neither of those things are likely to happen.

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbmeyer13 wrote:

Once more, these boards were sent back and forth multiple times and NEVER worked. I never said you ignored him. The issue is that they didn't work. Anything with Kurt is ancillary to that fact and should really be left out of this aspect of the discussion.

He gave you the chance to fix it once and you failed to do so. He doesn't owe you anything (certainly doesn't need to keep informing you of your crap QC). The failure is yours, plain and simple. The fact you can't admit this is just flat out sad.

If you would admit your mistakes and get Nidi a fresh set of boards EVERYONE would be happy. However, we all know neither of those things are likely to happen.

Where have you been this entire thread... The problem he was having last year was already on these boards and why they were returned to me, It was 100% not a warranty issue, because it was reported to be on that green neck board BEFORE I DID ANYTHING TO IT -- but still I was willing to treat as warranty but should have been informed before involving someone else. There was a previous problem that was solved from a Moome card, I believe that as well was defective and replaced.
[size=18]

So here we go one more time. The boards were being returned to LOOK AT THE PROBLEM that was already on the green (not MP mod related) neck board. that did not surface the first time. That is what he meant when he asked me if I would be "willing" to look at it because his intent was to sell them (in the PM's), and why he gave me the TIP for my efforts. There was NOT a board failure or problem from the mod work.

I am still willing to solve this problem, but would first need to get the boards in hand first. It would be my right to verify the problem first.

And let me also add this. I was still willing to look at any problem, but for about 5 months, I did not know a problem existed with any of it. He had contacted me a few times over that period, once to discuss upgrading his lenses, and once more for something I forgot, but both times, he indicated he was pleased....now THE ONLY time in those many months that I heard about there being a problem was here recently, where I also found out he had sent the boards to Kurt some days ago.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nidi wrote:
thewolfman wrote:
I paid more than double than nidi, how do you justify that?

did you have problems with your mods, Wolfman?

At first , yes. The VIM02 had a problem. But after sending it back I got a knew one. So it's fully working now.
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewolfman wrote:
nidi wrote:
thewolfman wrote:
I paid more than double than nidi, how do you justify that?

did you have problems with your mods, Wolfman?

At first , yes. The VIM02 had a problem. But after sending it back I got a knew one. So it's fully working now.

He was having a lot of source related problems as well. He was using a very early Moome Version 1, PC source. He asked me to send him another 02 VIM which I did, and we eventually got to the bottom of this.

He has been a very good customer, working through those board problems that I think later turned out to be source related, and at the same time being openly criticize on a few forums for getting the boards, as well as being consistently pressured to send these same boards to, guess who. So no paranoia here, I have tons of PM/emails letting me know what was going on not only openly but behind the scenes. So there was a real reason for including an agreement to NOT send the boards to anyone else, specifically specifying one person. All but one remained loyal to "the agreement" to this day and not all had ever reported a problem with the boards.

Both Kurt and Justin was fully on board with the boards, as can be seen in nearly all of their post going back before the break maybe three years ago. Justin remained neutral all up to maybe 6 months ago. The fracture was caused over a board agreement, that involved me providing boards, and when we got to that bridge, the issue of not wanting the potting material on the boards was where the problem was born. The potting material had put a Fork in the Road, that we both went down separate path since then. I had also as I am still now had become disabled as of the result of a new medication that had seriously affected my nervous system and created the cognitive issues I've been struggling with. And is also a reason to have giving up doing the boards, and had also had to give up doing that great technical consulting work I loved doing and was my main source of income. I've been allowed to file a special compensation after the tragedy of those meds, but needed to see if the symptoms would clear up first. My so called handicap would not appear obvious, but it has really been a game changer. Some of my best mod work started to happened after the injury, but thee are other things that's limits me from truly being whole. But the injury I not blaming or had anything to do with all that has been going on these past 3 years. just thought I could further clear things up for some who think I'll pop back up doing mods again, but that's not going to happen, and hopefully Kurt can relax and go forward with doing his own mods. Which explains why Justin keeps telling us how much better Kurt's mods are to mine..Rolling Eyes

I still feel strongly that this could have easily been resolved If I had been contacted and made aware that a problem had existed. And as indicated, attempts to get my boards sent to someone else has been going on for years is why the "agreement" was put in place. So no, I'm not likely going to believe a problem existed with Nidi boards before this, because not only was I not made aware of a problem. He informed me that he was pleased with them, nothing ever indicated contrary. And when that problem was reported (some days ago), look at the circumstances. yet I'm paranoid..Shocked

Nidi desires a fresh set of boards. I'll be honest with you on this. in the near 2 decades of doing these mods, there has been maybe two request like that. Both happen to be related to someone needing a fresh set of boards to go with someone else mods. In all other cases, regardless of how things turned out the person without question or challenge listed their boards for sale, offered them back to me for a price, or I never knew what they did with them. But only twice did this happen, because of what is commonly understood when you give permission to have something modified (which means physically/scientifically changed).

I did what Nidi asked me the record would show ("be willing" to check them again), much as what happened with Wolfman, when he asked me to replace the VIM. If the boards would have come back or I would have been made aware that a problem truly existed, I would have offered to replace that problem board and would have. But hearing about this the way I did and so many months after sending them back to him, to include not being able to confirm the problem actually exist, which is MY RIGHT (law) and policy. My position on this I want to make clear here:

Any action from me to correct this problem, must follow my examination of the board first myself. It's really mind blowing to me that my work was sent to someone who is an known adversary and someone who is also pushing doing their own mods and have been very vocal against my work, to include has been trying to get my customers to send them my boards. A fresh set of boards..hmm

I'm open for suggestions on this, shoot me a PM
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't think I sent them anywhree, with the exception of Barclay66, he offered and we both accepted and I paid. Same problems occord at his as in mine. Extremely dark so one had ro pump btightness, contrast, G2 into orbit to brighten it enough. But after that you said send them and I'll have look, you had them for a while and was sent back to me in working order.

But I did pay an enourmus amount of dollars.
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewolfman wrote:
Well, I don't think I sent them anywhree, with the exception of Barclay66, he offered and we both accepted and I paid. Same problems occord at his as in mine. Extremely dark so one had ro pump btightness, contrast, G2 into orbit to brighten it enough. But after that you said send them and I'll have look, you had them for a while and was sent back to me in working order.

Yes, That's how I remember things as well. Barclay without doubt is a true professional and very knowledgeable and qualified to properly do an evaluation. I wish he was closer on this end, he could be a big help to me.

You're still entitled to any new uograde. And the deal will remain that you'll only have to pay for shipping. I will remain around to do upgrades and support any previous work.

And our agreement remains, when you're ready, I'll prepare a set to send to you first.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:
thewolfman wrote:

Yes, That's how I remember things as well. Barclay without doubt is a true professional and very knowledgeable and qualified to properly do an evaluation. I wish he was closer on this end, he could be a big help to me.

You're still entitled to any new uograde. And the deal will remain that you'll only have to pay for shipping. I will remain around to do upgrades and support any previous work.

And our agreement remains, when you're ready, I'll prepare a set to send to you first.

I Honor that deal but first a new chassis to make the remote flawless in operation.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't complaine, the boards work. But I couldn't make a full blow set up becasue of the freeking remote. I neen a new chassis without tubes, and an Ultra, and I should be good to go.
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewolfman wrote:
I can't complaine, the boards work. But I couldn't make a full blow set up becasue of the freeking remote. I neen a new chassis without tubes, and an Ultra, and I should be good to go.

I've been doing these boards for nearly 20 years, with the exception of a few solder problems reported over those years, there was never a tracking problem reported until Nidi boards popped up last week. The ONLY reported problem I've had in the past 10 years has been the low light output. That was truly a problem and I issued a free upgrade to anyone who had that version boards, that was a small window version, that were done NOT using my test bed because it was not working. Changing out the test bed allowed me to look at them using test equipment, and that's when I started posting informing those hand full, that the boards needed to be corrected, and would be done at no cost.

To include, that same version that had the light output problem, had also been used in Marquees that both Craig Rounds Ken
had since calibrated. Ken only reported a light output problem, and the upgrade was also extended. Never once a mention from both of those seasoned calibrators, that a problem other than light output existed. In fact, the setup Ken calibrated was claimed to have the best image it ever had, yet no mention of the tracking problems. Only low output was reported, I had since upgraded a second set of those same boards to solve the low light problem.

Craig comes to this area annually and works on a Marquee with those same boards, yet not one compliant about them having this tracking problem as should be easily seen based on the posted calibration results on these thread. And Craig is not only an engineer running around with a color meter, look at the gear he uses at the bottom of his page. He goes in my opinion far far beyond what any calibrator I've known to have gone and would be able to look at the signal itself, much like myself, Gjaky, Barclay and some others who are capable of looking deeper into the video chain itself.

The reason I've not bought there being a problem on the board, beyond the boards not being sent back to me to look at, because I already know that version does not have tracking problems. None of my version has ever had a tracking problem reported. And if that would have ever been the case, I would have also sent out an free upgrade for them, as what I did for the light output problem. So to loose my mind over a one reported problem, when I have the results from a many other seasoned and well respected calibrators, that has said nothing but great things about the boards. Not one word from any of them on this matter, yet one person claims it exist. And if a problem does exist, how did I not know about it, why did Nidi's calibrator not produce the same graph. Or why did he never mention anything that would be similar to what later was reported. How was both of them able to be impressed wit the boards, such that Nidi still wanted to have that one board problem fixed, when at that same time, both he and his calibrator was comparing my boards to a similar set of boards that he said he's going planning to go with. If this problem existed, there must have been something truly amazing about my boards, because the other set they were being compared to has the same changes to the set he plans on going with. It's supposed to be the same neck boards being used.

So what i'm saying here is that several true calibrators has already calibrated that same version of the boards, yet not one of them mentioned a tracking problem. I've looked for it here on my set of boards, but done so looking directly at the video chain itself, nothing abnormal seen. Nothing from either Ken or Craig, nor Nidi's calibrator about a tracking problem. Nidi did not return the entire video chain, only that one green neck board. Also, why did Nidi's calibrator not find that same results that were posted here in that thread?

Once I get the boards back, I can check to see if they were shock damaged, which can happen if the CRT ground leads arc the board during an improper neck board removal or install. And you would think since I had also already acknowledged a problem with my boards, claiming a low light issue and offering a free fix, I would also be willing to do the same for any other problem. But with the abundance of evidence already in hand on these these boards, why would I dismiss what the previous experts had reported. I bet you didn't know that tracking can be seen in the electronic world, when using the right test gear and methods.

Your boards should be fine, and if they are not, that would be taking care of and you know it will. I can't dance with random opinions when the law here requires that the customer must give the seller an opportunity to correct any reported problems, with the exception being anything in the agreement that states otherwise, ie: like 'will replace or exchange if not satisfied' or anything showing repair or correction would not be necessary to keep the customer happy. Or in this case, there would have to be something indicating that I either said or put in writing that I would replace that entire set of boards if the customer was not satisfied, which would still not apply, because the problem was not reported outside of the warranty period, to include, the warranty was violated when the boards were sent to someone else, when the policy on that sale would indicate, to NOT SEND to anyone else.

However, I'll still look at the board and would need to do so before doing anything, because I would need to first verify that a problem truly exist.

And I would be good with a board swap, but as he as well as everyone else knows, I will not swap an 03 for an 03, because 03 are hard to find and I don't own one. And this also goes to our discussion on me taking his 03 and sending him an 02, because that is what I have been doing, much like whey Wolfman has an 02. And why what was the plan when he sent me his boards. he actually gave me his 03, but I later returned it to him seeing it to be better for 1080P /72hz
nidi

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:
And yes, I would love to exchange those boards for a set of stock boards.

still waiting on a date for shipping of the unmodded replacement boards.

interesting what nashou just wrote on another forum:

I never would put an MP board in my PJ's
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nidi wrote:
mp20748 wrote:
And yes, I would love to exchange those boards for a set of stock boards.

still waiting on a date for shipping of the unmodded replacement boards.

interesting what nashou just wrote on another forum:

I never would put an MP board in my PJ's

1) Do you have anything from me saying I would replace boards that I've modified with a set of unmodified boards.

2) Do you have anything indicating that I offer an exchange of unmodified boards for modified boards if the customer is not happy

3) Have I ever promised you a set of unmodified boards if you somehow were not happy with the mods.

4) Do you know of any other case where I have offered or have sent out a set of unmodified boards to replace a set of boards that I've modified, or would do so without receiving the boards that was supposed to have been defective.

5) And yes, I would love to exchange the boards, but won't, because you did not honor the agreement to not send them to someone else, and you seem to not understand that my policy has always been to send any work back to me to be checked out first. So any desire to exchange boards, would first have to be met by you sending them back to me first.

6) Why if you were happy with the boards for so many months (6), so much so that you were looking at upgrading your lenses. And that you later discovered a problem with them, but thought there was no need to contact me, but instead breached the agreement (written) and send them somewhere else.

7) If you send the boards back to me and I get them checked out, we can get back to discussion board swap, something I would like to do. Be mindful as you should already know, that an 03 VIM would be replaced by an 02 stock and that that 03 would have to be found having a defect.

8) Bye
nidi

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:

1) Do you have anything from me saying I would replace boards that I've modified with a set of unmodified boards.

Post 3: And yes, I would love to exchange those boards

Quote:

2) Do you have anything indicating that I offer an exchange of unmodified boards for modified boards if the customer is not happy

Quote:

3) Have I ever promised you a set of unmodified boards if you somehow were not happy with the mods.

nidi

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why are you so hard pressed on the agreement?

if I wouldn't have sent those boards to someone who knows what he's doing, I'd still be sending money your way to fix something,
that probably cannot be fixed.

be a man of your word, everybody on the forum can see it (post 3), and send me a set of unmodified VNB's
nidi

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, one thought, are threre any members that have a fully functioning MP modified VIM & VNB's (later modifications 2017/2018) working to their full satisfaction?
nidi

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and again Mike, how did you check your work?

why are you so sure that the boards worked?

what did you check?

what about the low light output I kept telling you for a least 2 times?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7
Jump to: