Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Nidi's Mike Parker Marquee board mods
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mp20748

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra / Super 02 and 03 VIM

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
nidi wrote:
Mike, I'm considering getting the boards to you, but first, I do need a pictures
of a complete standard working board set with an unmodified Moome card.

Why is a Moome card being mentioned here?
nidi

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:
nidi wrote:
Mike, I'm considering getting the boards to you, but first, I do need a pictures

because you specifically matched the Momme card with the complete board set.

it cannot be used in a standard setup.
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nidi wrote:
mp20748 wrote:
nidi wrote:

Yes it can. You only need to adjust the contrast. Everything else about it is honoring what the DAC manufacturer specified for best noise level performance.
nidi

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:
nidi wrote:
mp20748 wrote:
nidi wrote:

Yes it can. You only need to adjust the contrast. Everything else about it is honoring what the DAC manufacturer specified for best noise level performance.

I'd like a standard one, please which you didn't touch with your soldering iron.
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nidi wrote:

I'd like a standard one, please which you didn't touch with your soldering iron.

That ain't going to happen. This is not a reverse mission that we're on. You can't involve me in your desire to change out your video chain and you getting what you need to make that happen. This is only about swapping those boards that I'll need to verify that a problem exist. I did not ask you to return the Moome, so if you want a new different Moome, I'm the wrong person to both contact concerning that and in hopes of me making that happen.
nidi

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please post pictures of the standard VIM and the standard VNB's you have for trade.

I paid $500 for this work your're getting back. don't you think you cound throw in
a standard Moome.

wouldn't that be fair?

so I don't have to worry about your work on the Moome card.
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nidi wrote:
please post pictures of the standard VIM and the standard VNB's you have for trade.

I paid $500 for this work your're getting back. don't you think you cound throw in
a standard Moome.

wouldn't that be fair?

so I don't have to worry about your work on the Moome card.

1) I'll not be sending any pictures of boards, because nothing I would be sending you could possible be in a worse condition than what you sent me. You'll not get to cherry pick boards in this exchange, only that they will be good working boards.

2) I'll not be replacing that Moome card.

3) If we want to include that modified 03 board, I will not be sending you a stock 03 in exchange, as its already known by me, an 02 what you'll get.

4) Without the boards in hand, there is really nothing else to talk about here.

5) You like so many others over the years have purchased board mods from me, in doing that you provided the boards to be modified. You gave permission to me to make those changes. I don't and have never offered a reverse process or board swap/replace. And that is why 99.8% of all that have ever purchased the boards have never asked what you're asking here, and why I've never done a refund or stock board replacement. People have always simple listed the boards to sell elsewhere or did something else with them when they decided to do something else. I only offer to correct any problems they may have under the warranty period. And all of this of course, starts with the boards first being sent back to me, which should be expected, and is how I have been doing this for nearly two decades.
nidi

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to insist on pictures of the boards so I can see they look good,
as there is no way I would trust you to honor this agreement.
I will send someone over with the boards, and a rade can be made.
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nidi wrote:
I have to insist on pictures of the boards so I can see they look good,
as there is no way I would trust you to honor this agreement.
I will send someone over with the boards, and a rade can be made.

With that, this is what we'll do. Mainly since this is more concerned with going in another direction rather than looking at the problem on the boards you have.

let us just honor what I have been doing since offering these boards, and that is to check them out and repair whatever problem they may have. You can sell the boards after you get them back like everyone else may have done in this case.

And in the meantime since your focus seems to be on going with other boards, simple purchase what pleases you and move on from there, and then later sell or whatever you want to do with the boards you presently have. Because I rather not get into swapping, exchanging or anything else at this point. Only do what I have been doing for the longest, and that is to correct whatever problem they may have.

And considering TRUST. I've done everything that was promised during your purchase and everything else that came up, to include, check on you from time to time to make sure you were happy. Not sure how you could have trust problem with me, when it's you that breaks the agreements and want to twist my policy to fit your agenda. You have absolutely zero reason to not trust me.

Also be mindful that your calibrator had already ruled out there being an light output problem, and you witnessed and verified that. So hopefully at least one of those other problems exist.
jbmeyer13

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:

With that, this is what we'll do. Mainly since this is more concerned with going in another direction rather than looking at the problem on the boards you have.

let us just honor what I have been doing since offering these boards, and that is to check them out and repair whatever problem they may have. You can sell the boards after you get them back like everyone else may have done in this case.

And in the meantime since your focus seems to be on going with other boards, simple purchase what pleases you and move on from there, and then later sell or whatever you want to do with the boards you presently have. Because I rather not get into swapping, exchanging or anything else at this point. Only do what I have been doing for the longest, and that is to correct whatever problem they may have.

Nidi should sell the boards after you attempt to repair them for the 3rd time and wait god knows how long? There is no market for your mods (or really any mods for that matter) and no one's going to want to touch this set after all this hoopla. However, if you feel I'm wrong and are confident you can fix them then you should exchange for stock boards as you said you would, repair them and sell yourself. This should more than compensate you for acquiring a clean set of stock boards to swap out.

A page ago you stated: "Send them back man, so I can check them out and then send you a set of stock boards that look factory fresh and does not have that goop on them.

I'm all for that, so let's make that happen and get this over with.. "

CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, I am deleting a few posts on this thread. If you haven’t posted here for years and are just coming to stir the pot, that’s not needed or tolerated on this forum.
nidi

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more VNB goodness

Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG Nidi !!!!!

So Sorry man.

Nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
OMG Nidi !!!!!

So Sorry man.

Nashou

Wow Nash, did you not understand what Curt meant here:

Curt Palme wrote:
FYI, I am deleting a few posts on this thread. If you haven’t posted here for years and are just coming to stir the pot, that’s not needed or tolerated on this forum.

Nidi only has to send the boards back. That's it, because nothing else will happen until he does that
. That is what all and everyone else has done for nearly two decades and that is still what would have to be done today.

And let me go over this one more time, he got the boards back last year working... he had confirmed several times since then he was pleased with them. So no mention of any problems with the boards, until last week or so, and now he wants to talk about there being a problem, to include, he sent the boards to someone that the agreement said he was not to send them.

So, not only with that set. But Nidi has been getting boards and upgrades from me for than a decade. To now after having them since last year, an area where several chips over the years have been replaced....you're familiar with soldering IC's and other SM components on a PC board. What do you think the board should like after all those years of RE-WORK. Should it look like fresh PC board machine soldering, or should it look like what would normally be the case considering?

Not expecting you to answer this, but instead, expecting you to honor what Curt had said to already and why the post were deleted. And that was not my request either...
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've redone SMD chips over and over testing different op amps not only on the Marquee but in Phono preamps etc.

if you take your time and use the right tools, the right heat they still can look factory new.

Just saying.

Carry on .......

And I was offering condolences to boards that are RIP . Not stiring the pot with that.

But earlier I was Wink Still immature in that respect I guess Very Happy

Nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
I've redone SMD chips over and over testing different op amps not only on the Marquee but in Phono preamps etc.

if you take your time and use the right tools, the right heat they still can look factory new.

Just saying

BS.. because of the traces on the PC board material the Marquee used. The boards did not handle heat well at all and this is well known. For any temperature you use on that PC board material it will break down the traces.

Actually RE-Working any SOIC socket on any PC board material has always been a problem, but you wouldn't know this, because you never removed an IC from a Marquee PC board..
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not if you also use QuickChip low melt solder while testing. Then use the correct solder once you find the right parts for what your trying to accomplish.

Hence the right tools .

Nashou

One Smart Dog!!!

mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
Not if you also use QuickChip low melt solder while testing. Then use the correct solder once you find the right parts for what your trying to accomplish.

Hence the right tools .

Nashou

How would you remove the IC............
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuckChip melts at a very low temp. on an original untouched board you add the quichchip onto of the original high temp solder. it will mix and now the combined solder is a lower temp making it extremely easy to remove. My hot air station actually just blows it right off.

Now I just use the low temp quickchip to solder the chips I test. its a very low heat with the hot air. it actually takes a few minutes for the solder to set. Sure it takes more time but I don't end up with boards that end up with heat damage. I learned that the hard way.

Nashou

One Smart Dog!!!

Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For example. Here is Chip ( IC 77 ) on a Yamaha AV receiver i had to change. it blew about 5 times due to a short I was trying to track down. Every time I think I found it I was wrong. eventually I got it and no more blown chip. that is chip number 6 . No burnt pads or board or surrounding
traces damaged.

QuckChip is a god send for me. I love using it.

nashou

One Smart Dog!!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7
Jump to: