Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Nidi's Mike Parker Marquee board mods
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nidi

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
mp20748 wrote:
I have more shots to post the next few days and will be discussing a few other things mod related right here, as I prepare for an upcoming event.

I'll also post a shot of what I've been working on in Audio, that is special and personal project of mine that deals with lowering the noise in a phono preamp, and I'll be suing an Op-Amp design for this, which would not be the best solution for lower noise, because once you open an Op Amp to higher gain operation, you also open it up for a higher noise problem. That also includes problems with parasitic oscillation. I'm using some of the same methods I've developed to lower noise in analog video chains. Something I really could get a patent for, because there is has not been a means of looking at HASH Noise and various other noises that are common when any amplifier operates at certain bandwidths and above. And for an FYI, none of the most popular and HIGH END CRT projectors previously manufactured had consideration for these noise problems. From my research over the years dealing directly with insiders in the organizations, there was no need to go after these noise problems, and that a solution would have to be developed that would be extremely time consumer and would not be justified by the cost-cutting-department of these manufacturers. Or to put it a different way, they could not economically justify the time and cost (R&D) necessary to make improvements where the improvements were not warranted. So I not only took on the challenge to produce the first and only higher than specified video chain (1080P). I also took on the task to develop a means to look at these noises. Something that can not be seen by simply using a scope and probe. Some of these noises ate truly invisible without a developed means to know that they are there.

Mike, that sound all good.
but I've seen the opposite with your latest mods.

I wasn't able to have my projector set up the way that it should have.

I do have all sorts of problems in the videochain, which I didn't have when I sent you the bare boards.

I've since sent them to other Marquee to verify the problems.

the answers I got back are all the same:

very low lightoutput
early blooming on red
noise in the red channel (from the VIM)
reduced gain on the neckboards , green neck board cuts off on a full white field
less than 4 fl on my 100'' screen

I do have unmodified boards in my projector now that don;t have these issues.
Doing a full setup was no problem.

so tell me, how are you supposed to show the world how to improve on a standard CRT performance,
when you latest mod tells another story.

It would be great if I could exchange the boards with unmodified ones, so I would have a spare

Thanks

Michael
mp20748

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra / Super 02 and 03 VIM

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nidi wrote:
mp20748 wrote:
I have more shots to post the next few days and will be discussing a few other things mod related right here, as I prepare for an upcoming event.

I'll also post a shot of what I've been working on in Audio, that is special and personal project of mine that deals with lowering the noise in a phono preamp, and I'll be suing an Op-Amp design for this, which would not be the best solution for lower noise, because once you open an Op Amp to higher gain operation, you also open it up for a higher noise problem. That also includes problems with parasitic oscillation. I'm using some of the same methods I've developed to lower noise in analog video chains. Something I really could get a patent for, because there is has not been a means of looking at HASH Noise and various other noises that are common when any amplifier operates at certain bandwidths and above. And for an FYI, none of the most popular and HIGH END CRT projectors previously manufactured had consideration for these noise problems. From my research over the years dealing directly with insiders in the organizations, there was no need to go after these noise problems, and that a solution would have to be developed that would be extremely time consumer and would not be justified by the cost-cutting-department of these manufacturers. Or to put it a different way, they could not economically justify the time and cost (R&D) necessary to make improvements where the improvements were not warranted. So I not only took on the challenge to produce the first and only higher than specified video chain (1080P). I also took on the task to develop a means to look at these noises. Something that can not be seen by simply using a scope and probe. Some of these noises ate truly invisible without a developed means to know that they are there.

Mike, that sound all good.
but I've seen the opposite with your latest mods.

I wasn't able to have my projector set up the way that it should have.

I do have all sorts of problems in the videochain, which I didn't have when I sent you the bare boards.

I've since sent them to other Marquee to verify the problems.

the answers I got back are all the same:

very low lightoutput
early blooming on red
noise in the red channel (from the VIM)
reduced gain on the neckboards , green neck board cuts off on a full white field
less than 4 fl on my 100'' screen

I do have unmodified boards in my projector now that don;t have these issues.
Doing a full setup was no problem.

so tell me, how are you supposed to show the world how to improve on a standard CRT performance,
when you latest mod tells another story.

It would be great if I could exchange the boards with unmodified ones, so I would have a spare

Thanks

Michael

And when did this all happen, considering the what you had said about them when you had them compared to someone else's boards.... should I post that here? And should i also post what you had said about them in comparison to the stock set you said you had. I know Kurt has a way of sucking you guys on board with him against me. But do explain why you had already commented on the boards NOT having a light output problem. And now after all those months, I'm hearing the boards are not up to par. And you're saying they are not as good as stock boards. have you already read to post where Gjaky had confirmed what we already know about the stock boards, and that they WILL NOT DO 1080P... have you seen that same memo, the one that has been around since the marquee hit the market. The same one that had Scott at VDC also say the same thing both Gjaky and I have said, and why he installed that PEAKING circuit on the VIM. Well, what you should know, or remember from being on the forums these years, is that the stock boards were limited in bandwidth. I know how you guys suck up to Kurt, but not even Kurt has the power to change a cap on them and make them better. Just trying to bring something to your attention that is very well known already, and that is the limitations of those stock boards. Electrohome and VDC made it known, it has been mentioned a many year. I've posted on a problem those stock boards have that I had discovered and fixed, and mentioned the Electrohome engineer that I also work for who had also acknowledged that I had fixed a problem on those boards. Scot at VDC was made aware of the problem and therein explains my trip to VDC some years back.

So before you bash, be mindful that you had my board installed by your calibrator. And based on what he told you when he was there, remember I kept asking you about the light output... do you remember what you told me he told you and is still in the PM?

Also, the boards i'm using now are even more different, the Moome and the VIM are far different from what you have. have I not been clear about that?

Go back and look at what you sent me so that you yourself can see that you have a bipolar mentality or you've falling once more under the controlling powers of the Kurt. And one other thing, there are and have been a many engineer that have purchased my work, acknowledged the improvements, are aware of the limitations of the stock boards. You guys in Kurt's camp have got to wake up and face the FACTS that not only Gjaky and myself have said the stock neck boards are limited, that has been universally known for a many years.

You sent you boards to Kurt so that he would do exactly what he did...did you expect him to say anything different, or at least you should have asked yourself, why did Kurt find something so different from what your calibrator had found....to help you out here, there was a version that had low light output. You do not have that versions. tell Kurt I had you confirm that through your calibrator. Hmm.. the calibrator said they had great light output. Kurt gets them and now they have low light output:roll:.. So if you're getting rid of the boards, also do away with that calibrator. Also, and should i also post of what you said about the sharpness. I had already, but there was more from you. So question, is Kurt returning your boards?

Last edited by mp20748 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yes, I would love to exchange those boards for a set of stock boards. Just remember the part of our agreement that you were not to send them to Kurt.

He tried the same thing with Wolfman, but it was you he got to go against what I told both of you to not do. And why would you send my boards to someone who knows nothing about them, nor would be qualified to test them, because they use none of the test gear necessary to properly evaluate a video chain (how was the gain tested) - those boards I've said so many times have a different and more correct gain structure. Again, why was my modified work being sent to Kurt with me not even knowing a problem existed...????????????????????????????????

You sent my boards to a known adversary of mine, with a list of problems I never knew about (knowing Kurt, none of those problems really exist). And post things here to my surprise. For nearly 20 years there has been barely a few that have not seen an improvement with my work over the stock boards, until Kurt comes along and somehow waves a magic wand and fixes the broken and limited stock boards that everybody knew already about. Now my work is bad, yet am still the only person to get those neck boards to properly do 1080P. Scott at VDC had to add peaking to the VIM, because the VIM was also limited. And now there is a new revelation on the sunset discovered by the one and only Kurt and. And now after all those year, the stock boards can now do 200mhz..Shocked

And tell me once more, that the stock board are also sharper, when I already have that report.
nidi

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject: Latest mod Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:
And yes, I would love to exchange those boards for a set of stock boards.

I take your offer for the exchange to stock boards plus a pristine non modified Moome card.

can you give me an estimate when I can expect the boards?

Thanks

Michael
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest mod Reply with quote

nidi wrote:

nobody said anything about the stock boards doing 200 MHz

Oh, you're right. It's Kurt that keeps saying this..Rolling Eyes

Quote:
the only thing I stated is that the stock boards do look much better than what I got from you the last time

But that goes against what you have been telling me (please refer to the PM/emails before posting stuff like this).

Quote:
you left me no other way than to have them checked by someone else

How was that, where did you notify me that there was a problem with the boards or could you show me where I've neglected to fix them. And how do you justify sending them to someone who you know are at odds against me, to include, someone who has zero technical experience with a video chain, and zero experience doing or understanding mods. How did you go from not informing me there was a problem to involving someone that I had made it CLEAR to you to NOT involve them in my work. Plus you knew first hand he was out to destroy me..let's be real here, because I'm tring of playing with this.

Quote:
do you even remember how many times I had to send them back and forth?

But do you also already know that was a preexisting problem that had absolutely nothing to do with the modified section of the boards, and it was most likely because of all the previous work already done to the boards over the years, and also involved someone else.

Quote:
I tried different friends that checked them out and all of them gave me the same conclusion.

they cannot be fixed , have a lot of problems and do look worse than a set of stock boards

But not once did you notify me, nor was I involved in the testing. So do tell me about these other people, because I would love to know why they did not suggest you send them back to me since they were still under warranty.

Quote:
and you knew about the problems, you told me you fixed them, but they came back with the same problems they had

You really need to look at your PM/emails that clearly show you being extremely happy with them. And even shows you asking me to take care of that preexisting problem because you were so happy with the. I think you should be honest that you've falling into Kurt's propaganda trap to destroy me. You would not be the only one, because he has contacted a plenty to go against me, so I would understand. because your reasoning here is baseless..

Quote:
even though you told me you checked everything and matched them.

there's no way those boards can be used as is , , even having a different gain structure

Well, both you and I waited on your calibrator to confirm what I had told you, and he did just that. So if your calibrator confirms the things I told you, you then inform me what he thought, how did we get here?

Quote:
you told me they would work perfectly on 1080P 72/75 Hz.

I'm afraid , they don't

again, this is also something you were adamant to have your calibrator check out. You not only said how impressed he was with the results, you told me yourself that "there was tons of sharpness" - and of course, what better way to confirm that a video chain is doing 1080P /72hz.

And based on that revelation you had experienced when your calibrator had gotten such a great level of sharpness out of your projector with the modified boards, are you trying to tell me that he's now able to keep a set of stock neck boards to do 1080P /72hz. Before you answer that I would like for you to think about that never before happening on this or any other forum. To include, myself, Gjaky and a ton of very qualified engineers like himself all seem to agree, stock neck boards can't really resolve 1080P /60hz
[b]
nidi

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take up your offer to exchange those boards and the Moome card.

when can I expect them?

Thanks

Michael
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest mod Reply with quote

nidi wrote:
mp20748 wrote:
And yes, I would love to exchange those boards for a set of stock boards.

I take your offer for the exchange to stock boards plus a pristine non modified Moome card.

can you give me an estimate when I can expect the boards?

Thanks

Michael

You asked about a stock set to replace the modified set. And that's where we should start with this.
nidi

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest mod Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:
You asked about a stock set to replace the modified set. And that's where we should start with this.

do you have a set?
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but I'd rather purchase a set and have them sent to you.
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shipped directly to you from someone else that has confirmed them working
jbmeyer13

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike-

This is a very difficult series of posts to follow. Calling Nidi bipolar and not backing that up with a corroborating PM or email evidence makes it a faceless accusation. Based on my limited interactions with him I've found that he's a VERY patient individual who's paid you a lot of money in the hopes of receiving a top flight video chain. He hasn't called you out in the manner MAK did so I'd tread lightly here. While I understand that you feel your under attack don't lump everyone into the same bucket. If you have proof that he and his calibrator stated your work to be of sufficient quality then post it; otherwise don't go there.

Stop freaking out every time someone ships a set of your boards to Kurt. Your work has been sent all over the place across the past 2 decades. Nash, Dragan, Steve Flynn, Greg Eisenmann, Nictech, etc. are just but some of the notable hobbyist and technicians known to have had your mods sent to them. Sending stuff back to you internationally is both time consuming and expensive. Kurt is a stone's throw from Nidi and like it or not he is the most qualified individual on that side of the pond to evaluate Marquee performance (whether you like him or not) and do board level repairs. Furthermore, you have had quality control issues over the years (as you have rightly acknowledged) and Kurt has fixed your boards for not only himself, but Greg, myself and likely other people as well. As great as your VIM is (and it's all that and a bag of chips) more often than not has required repairs to function properly.

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbmeyer13 wrote:
Mike-

This is a very difficult series of posts to follow. Calling Nidi bipolar and not backing that up with a corroborating PM or email evidence makes it a faceless accusation. Based on my limited interactions with him I've found that he's a VERY patient individual who's paid you a lot of money in the hopes of receiving a top flight video chain. He hasn't called you out in the manner MAK did so I'd tread lightly here. While I understand that you feel your under attack don't lump everyone into the same bucket. If you have proof that he and his calibrator stated your work to be of sufficient quality then post it; otherwise don't go there.

Stop freaking out every time someone ships a set of your boards to Kurt. Your work has been sent all over the place across the past 2 decades. Nash, Dragan, Steve Flynn, Greg Eisenmann, Nictech, etc. are just but some of the notable hobbyist and technicians known to have had your mods sent to them. Sending stuff back to you internationally is both time consuming and expensive. Kurt is a stone's throw from Nidi and like it or not he is the most qualified individual on that side of the pond to evaluate Marquee performance (whether you like him or not) and do board level repairs. Furthermore, you have had quality control issues over the years (as you have rightly acknowledged) and Kurt has fixed your boards for not only himself, but Greg, myself and likely other people as well. As great as your VIM is (and it's all that and a bag of chips) more often than not has required repairs to function properly.

He was clearly informed to NOT send them to Kurt. This was a big discussion between him and I because there are others just like Kurt's open forum comments on other forums bashing my work, was my reason for that to not happen. And sure over the years my work has been sent to others, but I was always informed and asked if it would be OK with me., with none of the people receiving them EVER posting anything negative about them on an open forum, as what Kurt always does. and what gets to me are comments like low light output that Nidi was worried about, that was not a problem on the boards he had anyway. But we made sure that it wasn't a problem on the mods I sent back to him, that was verified by his calibrator, who we both know knows what he is doing. But the boards once tested by Kurt now has an 4fl light output, far different from what the calibrator had found during his setup. And afterwards leaving him very pleased with both light output, sharpness and detail. My accusing Nidi of doing something wrong is 100% supported by our conversations and agreements. He bought the discussion to an open forum about my work, and had never said anything to me on there being a problem, nor giving me an opportunity to address or solve it. I happen to find out once more that there is a problem with the work I've sent him, but the agreement we both had on this in the past, not to do this on an open forum again. Yes, there have been a lot going on over the years, much like I've been privileged to a lot of other peoples work, yet have never and would never post about anything without giving the other side the courtesy of knowing what's going on.

I find it interesting that Kurt can get the stock boards to do 1080P /72hz, when every other truly technical person/engineer has not been able to confirm those boards to do even 1080P /60hz. Yet, he was able to prove my very sharp @ 1080P /72hz boards to NOT do that bandwidth. When it comes to general technical knowledge on the Marquee, there is Tim Martin and Curt Palme, two I would consider true experts on the projector. For far deeper science and technical specs and testing, Gjaky and Barclay. Both are very qualified with the technical understanding and equipped to render the necessary science if needed. And would know the importance of how to proper load both in and out of a video chain in order to get the proper end results.

What you don't get to see is the abundance of correspondence that I've been told about where someone has been persistent to press others who have my work to either make public negative comments or to send my work to them. There is also a string of emails that has been floating from others who manufactured a product, that has been warning some of us to NOT send anything to these same people. A few you know of, the products you know of. And so you should also know I'm not the only person. There have been forums where this was a problem. There is a loop out there that not everyone is aware of, but much concern is about a certain person not getting their hands on certain products, but you already know this.

Courtesy is a simple word that can reveal a lot about a persons heart on things and their intent, and is why there have been complaints about almost everyone who deals with something, yet that simple word keeps a lot of order, because not only is there two sides to every story, it's just plain right to always go back to the were you got something first. If the person fails to address the problem, it would be understood that it can be posted to the forum.

The boards I sent him was verified to have properly done 1080P /72hz, this was confirmed by his calibrator, and his comments to me of the great sharpness they both saw and was on his screen. Yet he post publicly that the boards will not handle 1080P /72hz. Now, with such great sharpness results on his screen, to later them being sent to someone else and the results being very different, why would I be made aware of this on an open forum for the first time, and why wasn't the person who claimed they were not capable questioned as to how he got such results, especially with the BEST verification possible being what his calibrator confirmed that was on the screen. For the past two years my work has consistently been bashed openly, yet I don't see anywhere, you admonishing anyone that does this to not do it. But when I come to a post because of an agreement that I have with someone posting publicly what I've asked them not to do, you still seem to indicate I'm doing something wrong.

I also like to point out that not once did you mention to Nidi that he should have contacted me first, before sending the boards to Kurt, or even after getting the results to ask or inform me of what he intends to do. He went from being extremely pleased to simply posting the results of a work he once praised on an open forum. Kurt publicly indicates that his stock boards will do 1080P /72hz, but my modified boards that has already been confirmed to do 1080P /72hz cannot. Gabor (Gjaky) who is a very bright and knowledgeable electronic engineer, has also made comment on his testing of various boards. But his postings on the testing are always supported by technical facts.. he post screenshots of what is on his scope, his means and method of testing fully follows the rules when stating his findings. What should happen whenever someone goes that route in indicating a conclusion on testing of a product or device. It's then that I'll bow to the results, because his training also makes him a scientist in the sense of him knowing he should back his results up with the science associated with and used to justify proper end results. So if someone wanted something evaluated, and that is why I asked "who were these people" they should send it to someone who not only know the science, but are capable of properly rendering the final results and would have not the bias and prejudice you know exist here. I have said it so many times over and over, that SMPTE pattern should NOT be used as a means to verify bandwidth, and should never be the means for anyone stating that somethings is not capable of doing what it is claimed to do. In other words and you always blame me for defending wrongfully supported non technical science against my work, where any and all accusations should be supported by the science.

Nidi had stock boards in his projector initially. That was the case when he got the projector, and for every version of mods he has ever gotten from me, he had indicated an improvement over the previous version. This last version he was blown away. How did all of that so quickly diminish to a list of failures on the boards performed by someone who did not qualify means or equipment used to testing, and where is the science to support the findings...

I've said it over and over, and both VDC and Electrohome engineer has been made aware of it, that there is a problem on those stock boards that causes them to diminish in performance over a period of time. that is why you guys that use those boards have been cherry picking them to find the ones that are consistent with each other. The problem is there, I've pointed it out to both manufactures and they agreed with me, plus I have the science to support it. No one has ever mentioned a G90 neck board being different from another G90 neck board, nor has there ever been a Barco neck board being different from another same model Barco neck board, and so on. But when you get to the Marquee and it's original Electrohome neck boards, they are all over the place after some aging. I know why, and have the science. The key to the board set Nidi has and why I should have been made aware of any testing, would primarily deal with that version having a very different Gain Structure to stock or anything I've done before. That means as I've been saying concerning them, that they will not work properly with anything previously... Nidi indicated previously in this thread that I said the boards were "matched" - they were, but in the hands of someone else what does that mean, especially if they don't know what's going on with the boards. And why any real testing would have full understanding of what is going on with the product. You can use the same means as you would with stock boards for this set. They are different in a lot of ways, therefore the means for testing would also be different, mainly because the entire video chain is matched. It has a different gain structure from stock. Does Kurt even know what that means and where would the differences be and why?
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, it is not completely true that Kurt uses stock neckboards, he does one significant change: replace R22 on the VNB with 130 Ohm. This does lower the gain of the VNB somewhat, but in turn it does cause some "natural" preemphasis (high frequency bump) through the feedback loop of the CLC449, therefore it helps better resolving 1080p 72Hz.
View user's photo album (1 photos)
jbmeyer13

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:
Quote:
And afterwards leaving him very pleased with both light output, sharpness and detail. My accusing Nidi of doing something wrong is 100% supported by our conversations and agreements. He bought the discussion to an open forum about my work, and had never said anything to me on there being a problem, nor giving me an opportunity to address or solve it. I happen to find out once more that there is a problem with the work I've sent him, but the agreement we both had on this in the past, not to do this on an open forum again. Yes, there have been a lot going on over the years, much like I've been privileged to a lot of other peoples work, yet have never and would never post about anything without giving the other side the courtesy of knowing what's going on.

The boards I sent him was verified to have properly done 1080P /72hz, this was confirmed by his calibrator, and his comments to me of the great sharpness they both saw and was on his screen. Yet he post publicly that the boards will not handle 1080P /72hz. Now, with such great sharpness results on his screen, to later them being sent to someone else and the results being very different, why would I be made aware of this on an open forum for the first time, and why wasn't the person who claimed they were not capable questioned as to how he got such results, especially with the BEST verification possible being what his calibrator confirmed that was on the screen. For the past two years my work has consistently been bashed openly, yet I don't see anywhere, you admonishing anyone that does this to not do it. But when I come to a post because of an agreement that I have with someone posting publicly what I've asked them not to do, you still seem to indicate I'm doing something wrong.

Nidi had stock boards in his projector initially. That was the case when he got the projector, and for every version of mods he has ever gotten from me, he had indicated an improvement over the previous version. This last version he was blown away. How did all of that so quickly diminish to a list of failures on the boards performed by someone who did not qualify means or equipment used to testing, and where is the science to support the findings...

If both Nidi and his calibrator were very pleased it seems ridiculous that he would want to exchange them for stock boards. Only a fool would let a working top flight video chain leave their hands. I don't buy that he just yanked out those boards and sent them to Kurt unless there was a problem of some kind. We are all supposed to believe that he sent the boards to Kurt in order to provide ammo against you? What does Nidi have to gain from that?

If Nidi and his calibrator said all those things (and assuming the boards continued working properly) then I can see why you would be a bit paranoid. If you have proof then I'd recommend posting it because in all honesty if what your saying is true then one email backing up your claims would shut down this entire argument.

Quite frankly, if I were in your boat and felt victimized I would use every bit of proof possible to refute the claims against me. Rather than complaining about being a victim I'd shut down the nonsense right away.

Quote:
I also like to point out that not once did you mention to Nidi that he should have contacted me first, before sending the boards to Kurt, or even after getting the results to ask or inform me of what he intends to do. He went from being extremely pleased to simply posting the results of a work he once praised on an open forum. Kurt publicly indicates that his stock boards will do 1080P /72hz, but my modified boards that has already been confirmed to do 1080P /72hz cannot. Gabor (Gjaky) who is a very bright and knowledgeable electronic engineer, has also made comment on his testing of various boards. But his postings on the testing are always supported by technical facts.. he post screenshots of what is on his scope, his means and method of testing fully follows the rules when stating his findings. What should happen whenever someone goes that route in indicating a conclusion on testing of a product or device. It's then that I'll bow to the results, because his training also makes him a scientist in the sense of him knowing he should back his results up with the science associated with and used to justify proper end results. So if someone wanted something evaluated, and that is why I asked "who were these people" they should send it to someone who not only know the science, but are capable of properly rendering the final results and would have not the bias and prejudice you know exist here. I have said it so many times over and over, that SMPTE pattern should NOT be used as a means to verify bandwidth, and should never be the means for anyone stating that somethings is not capable of doing what it is claimed to do. In other words and you always blame me for defending wrongfully supported non technical science against my work, where any and all accusations should be supported by the science.

Nidi or anyone else who OWNS your boards can do whatever they please with them. They aren't leasing them from you and as such are under no obligation to you other than: a) full agreed payment b) core exchange.

I agree that Gabor is great; I love his approach, honesty and overall contribution to this dying hobby. You don't post screen shots of what is on your scope or the means/methods; just endless amounts of the 5th element so where does that leave you? The SMPTE is a very useful method to help verify bandwidth. It may not be the end all and I agree that excessive peaking can provide misleading results but it's very useful nonetheless.

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:

Mike, can you please provide pictures of both the VIM and VNB's?

Thanks

Michael
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbmeyer13 wrote:

If both Nidi and his calibrator were very pleased it seems ridiculous that he would want to exchange them for stock boards. Only a fool would let a working top flight video chain leave their hands. I don't buy that he just yanked out those boards and sent them to Kurt unless there was a problem of some kind. We are all supposed to believe that he sent the boards to Kurt in order to provide ammo against you? What does Nidi have to gain from that?

If Nidi and his calibrator said all those things (and assuming the boards continued working properly) then I can see why you would be a bit paranoid. If you have proof then I'd recommend posting it because in all honesty if what your saying is true then one email backing up your claims would shut down this entire argument.

Quite frankly, if I were in your boat and felt victimized I would use every bit of proof possible to refute the claims against me. Rather than complaining about being a victim I'd shut down the nonsense right away.

Let's let Nidi himself post on the impression he had and what his calibrator thought of the boards, because I'd rather he clear up what his impression was at the time. My concern here as I've indicated it several times, he indicated that there was a problem... now my point again was, why wasn't I informed of this, why wasn't I allowed the opportunity to correct this. And as with everyone else, if they want to go stock, digital or Iphone. That's all with me, but don't surprise me with a problem you're having with my boards, and without saying anything to me, post a negative against what I've been doing. If I had gotten anything from anyone, I would go back to THAT person, not someone else, especially someone I know are against the person I should be confronting myself.

Quote:
Nidi or anyone else who OWNS your boards can do whatever they please with them. They aren't leasing them from you and as such are under no obligation to you other than: a) full agreed payment b) core exchange.

Exactly, and since you used the word "agreed" here, which should make anything agreed upon when getting the mods relevant here, and that is what I had mentioned previously, when I mentioned what was a part of the agreement. He agreed that he would NOT share or send my boards to Kurt. That was a part of the deal. So the agreement of the purchase involved a little more than core charge and amount. My posting here on the matter was primarily dealing with that particular beach.

Over the years I have received various items or product for either purchase or evaluation. Some I had to sign an Non Disclosure Agreement, with others it was verbal. In all cases, it was expected of me to honor what was signed and verbally agreed to. And the rules get a little more complicated, when an item has sign or has mention of it being "Intellectual property" those rules require only that you show a "REASONABLE Attempt to Conceal" and that's when a patent or other protection document is not necessary. But that's not a part of my issue here, just thought I would trow that in, because of your mentioning what a person would be allowed to do once they purchased something.

But again... The Issue is him not informing me, but instead posting that he had a problem with the boards and then sending them to someone he himself agreed that he would not do so...

Quote:
I agree that Gabor is great; I love his approach, honesty and overall contribution to this dying hobby

he's been a good contribution for sure..

Quote:
You don't post screen shots of what is on your scope or the means/methods; just endless amounts of the 5th element so where does that leave you

Where has that left me? According to several engineers I have exceeded what the original manufacturer was not able to do, in bandwidth and noise reduction. The two key elements in image perfection. So I've accomplished a lot. Scoot at VDC invited me down there that time years ago, because he wanted my insight on a board project he was working on. He is also one of those design engineers that have acknowledged my accomplishment wit these projectors. And just like how someone can do what they want with their boards, I can also do what I want with my R&D.

Quote:
The SMPTE is a very useful method to help verify bandwidth. It may not be the end all and I agree that excessive peaking can provide misleading results but it's very useful nonetheless

That SMPTE pattern is a basic means of showing what you suspect to be the actual bandwidth. Do ask yourself why Gjaky has not been posting the SMPTE, but instead use another means. I too, use another means, because the SMPTE only represent what the video chain may be doing, but only good test methods and tools can be used to rightly make the claim. You see, there are ways to make that pattern look right, yet the video chain is not up to par. And there is also the condition of the tubes and that some tubes will respond very different with the same video chain. So a SMPTE should never be used to verify the bandwidth of a video chain, that would require more complex testing and test gear. The video chain and the projected image should be evaluated separately, and indicate as such. That's why I use the term "it should" because of the various external devices that can impact the actual, like source, tubes, setup, etc

Do you think it would have been right or fair that I should have been contacted and made aware when a problem was discovered wit the boards?
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nidi wrote:
mp20748 wrote:

Mike, can you please provide pictures of both the VIM and VNB's?

Thanks

Michael

I'll check with a few people to see if they have the boards and then get back to you. I'll be reaching out to someone who would be capable of sending you a good and working board set. And if you're in agreement with this, we'll deal with this from now on by PM or email.
nidi

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, I'd like to know a DATE when the boards will be shipped please.

and some pictures would be nice.

Thanks

Michael
racerxnet

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tick toc, tick toc. After 85 months of waiting what's another year from MP.

LOL.
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gjaky wrote:
FYI, it is not completely true that Kurt uses stock neckboards, he does one significant change: replace R22 on the VNB with 130 Ohm. This does lower the gain of the VNB somewhat, but in turn it does cause some "natural" preemphasis (high frequency bump) through the feedback loop of the CLC449, therefore it helps better resolving 1080p 72Hz.

So are you saying now that changing R22 from 100 ohm to 130 ohm, will now make these boards able to resolve 1080P /60hz. I saw what you said about 1080P /72hz, just would like to know where you are different now with this change on 1080P /60hz
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7
Jump to: