Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Init EEPROM on XG 1350

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xaaroncmx

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject: Init EEPROM on XG 1350 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi everyone,

Is it possible to perform an eeprom initialization without the EF error code? I'd like to reset it to true defaults but I can't find out how, I've searched everywhere!

Is there a super secret code? I know there's the 3151 service code but is there another? If... if they're still secret... you can always PM the code...

I know there's some risks but I don't really care too much. I have two units anyway. I'm having some problems I can't work out for the life of me and I'd really like to try this. Mr. Green

Thank you!
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you just want to reset all adjustments press CTL+Normal then select "Cancel All" or something like that.
EPROM reinit will not solve any problems. BTW what's your problem?

View user's photo album (1 photos)
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can post the code, but before I do, what is the problem? No sense in doing it if you don't need to.
xaaroncmx

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just having trouble converging it, it's like I need to adjust line distortion but only for the top and bottom, and I seem to have this issue with the picture sagging in one corner but it doesn't seem to be a focus issue. I've read a few posts of people getting good results after initializing their sets.

Could it help? It has a lot of input profiles and I have no idea how it was used before I got my hands on it. I just want to start from a clean slate but that's what creating a new input profile does right?

Thanks!
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you need a reset. Do you have the password bypassed right now? If so, put a password in. Exit the menu. Go back into the menu, and put in the password. Use the 3151 password. You should then see a menu that says .. I can't remember, but it's the last line in one of the menus. In there are menus like focus balance, etc. There might also be one or two yellowed out, that say 'engineering mode'. The super secret menu unlocks that, but you don't need it.. yet.

Go into a menu called 'line balance' I believe, and that will allow you to straighten the lines that have a hook on them. I'm pretty sure that's in the owner's manual as well. Then you should be good to go.

Delete all unused memory locations as well, if two resolutions are really close to one another, they can interfere with each other.
xaaroncmx

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by xaaroncmx on Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total
xaaroncmx

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Curt.

It was keystone for the red/blue tubes I had to adjust... Mad

I don't think I've ever touched that adjustment before.

I've got it the best I've had it so far! https://i.imgur.com/UuFfhXw.jpg

It's still a bit out at the corners but that's from it being way out of focus... or maybe the astigmatism. I'm having a real hard time getting that right but I'll keep at it.
xaaroncmx

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt would you be able to PM me the code anyway? Don't plan on performing an init now but now I'm curious...
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: