Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Vertical lines on red/blue grid are very thick

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Corleone88

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Vertical lines on red/blue grid are very thick Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hello,

I am setting up a BG 1209s. I started with a 15KHz signal and everything looks fine. But when I started adjusting for a 40.4KHz signal (1080p72), I noticed that the vertical lines on the red grid look some kind of blurry. It ends up having a white with redish borders.
Where can it come from ? Astigmasim ? But if it is, why with 15KHz signal, does it look fine ?
Thanks for your help

Last edited by Corleone88 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like your astig is out. At the set frequency, put the contrast to 100, and set the astig so that the dots are perfectly round. I'd start by zeroing out the astig settings to 50 each, and then set the astig magnets around the tubes first.

The Barco dots are very coarse, I'd use an external BluRay disc or the test pattern from a DVDO/Lumagen if that's in the signal chain.
Corleone88

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Curt. I never did the astig, I suppose that it is explained in your CRT primer.
Corleone88

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started to think that my problem is not related to bad astigmatism adjustement.
With internal patterns (15KHz), my vertical lines (red, green and blue) of the grid have the same width and the overall picture looks fine. As soon as I put external signals (1080p60 or 1080p72), the green vertical lines look thin but the red and blue ones have their width doubled (or even more). The horizontal lines (red, blue and green) look thin in any case.
Can it be caused by a problem on one of my cards (vertical deflection ?)?
Thanks for your help
Corleone88

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some better pictures to see the issue.
Internal signal 15Khz (except the red astigmatism that misadjust recently, it looks fine to me):

External signal (HDMI 1080p72):
Corleone88

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt, can you confirm me (with these new pictures) that it is caused by bad astigmatism adjustement? Even if horizontal lines look fine.
Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: