Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

1209 with Moome card ...any one tried this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barry

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: 1209 with Moome card ...any one tried this? Reply with quote

Has anyone used the Moome card with 1209? I have been trying to get the Moome card to produce a high quality picture and have required extreme adjustments of BLACK/Contrast levels to bring the picture out of complete gloom and still dark scenes are buried. The Gamma adjustment on the Moome card clicks but is not responsive even in test mode of clicking 0 / 100.

Let me give you the latest information.
I moved to my other Lumagen, a Radiance XE which has no RGBHV only HDMI.
It offers a bit more range on adjustability. I set the BLACK level to MAXIMUM (64) and on the 1209 CONTRAST to MAXIMUM which brought scenes with bright pictures to a clean level that was reasonably good. White levels on both the settings are near middle. Raising them would destroy the picture.
When there are dark scenes in a movie they are totally washed out with a very weak image.
I found the best picture on setting B
The image source is a MacBook I have used for a long time for movies.
The massive black level corrections needed should be a strong clue regarding signal levels I assume. I have no way of measuring since I do not have a card extender. I might be able to get an oscilloscope to check levels if there is a test point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: