Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Runco 1101 (rebranded 1209s) - source no longer detected

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nathan

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject: Runco 1101 (rebranded 1209s) - source no longer detected Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
My baby has an issue I can't quite figure out. Out of nowhere it won't detect the signal through the BNC connection (RGB 4/5). At first I thought my VP50 had a dead power supply (a yearly occurrence), but that doesn't seem to be the case this time. I've hooked up my old HDFury and an old laptop and get no signal from any of them. Assuming that all 3 sources aren't somehow bad, I'm wondering if it is the input board somehow.

I'm curious if anyone knows if this is something that can go wrong and give this no signal detected symptom. The projector seems to work fine otherwise. I can go through the menus, etc, but it doesn't seem to get an external signal. I've redone the source selection to make sure something didn't reset, but it never finds anything.

Unfortunately, I don't have anything that will hook up to the to the other RGB input (port 3 - 9 pin). Would it be worth trying a 15 to 9 pin converter or does that port really just connect to the same board underneath and they would both be out together?

Open to any troubleshooting suggestions, etc.

Thanks!
jbltecnicspro

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dumb question but don't barco's require a negative sync signal? Could your VP50's settings have been changed? What version HDFury are you using? And does it support sync reverse?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the above are all possible, but the 1209s also have an annoying problem occasionally of snapping a lead on the motherboard, causing this. Or, the RGB switcher board may have gone bad.

If you can, get or make up a cable so that you can connect to port 3 instead of 4/5. that would bypass part of the RGB board and the BNC inputs, and let you know if that's the issue.

What you can also do is take an ohmmeter and measure between the middle pin and shield of each BNC connector. you should get 75 ohms roughly on all BNC connectors. If one reads infinite, then you have a snapped cable. Barco ran a shielded cable between the BNCs and the motherboard, and for some reason gave the hot lead a 180 degree sharp turn to the solder pad. REALLY STUPID! Over time, they can snap. Taking the bottom cover off isn't hard, but you need to get the projector off the ceiling. Going into port 3 is much easier!
nathan

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbltecnicspro wrote:
Dumb question but don't barco's require a negative sync signal? Could your VP50's settings have been changed? What version HDFury are you using? And does it support sync reverse?

I think it's an HDFury I, but I used it for years with this PJ before I got the VP50. I don't remember anything in particular about reverse sync, but I'm not the expert for sure. I mostly needed the VP50 to adjust the porch settings to make 1080p display properly. Even when things were screwed up or not setup, I always at least got a signal.

I do think I will give it a try again with a lower res signal though just for kicks.

Last edited by nathan on Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
nathan

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
the above are all possible, but the 1209s also have an annoying problem occasionally of snapping a lead on the motherboard, causing this. Or, the RGB switcher board may have gone bad.

If you can, get or make up a cable so that you can connect to port 3 instead of 4/5. that would bypass part of the RGB board and the BNC inputs, and let you know if that's the issue.

What you can also do is take an ohmmeter and measure between the middle pin and shield of each BNC connector. you should get 75 ohms roughly on all BNC connectors. If one reads infinite, then you have a snapped cable. Barco ran a shielded cable between the BNCs and the motherboard, and for some reason gave the hot lead a 180 degree sharp turn to the solder pad. REALLY STUPID! Over time, they can snap. Taking the bottom cover off isn't hard, but you need to get the projector off the ceiling. Going into port 3 is much easier!

Thanks, I'll give the port 3 route a try first. I can leave it on the ceiling for that. I'm afraid that if it comes off the ceiling it might never go back up. If that doesn't work out, I'll check the BNC connectors after I pull it off the ceiling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: