Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Time to blow out tubes, part out G90s and Marquees, etc
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Time to blow out tubes, part out G90s and Marquees, etc Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I've just about had enough of keeping CRT projectors and spares that I won't ever need and don't bring enough money
for it to be worth my effort to keep them and keep paying rent on storage for them.

So, rather than post an inventory, which would take probably all day to compile, I'll just do it like this:

I've got a fair number of complete running G90s and Marquees, most of which are Ultras, all which have minty tubes in them,
and I'm willing to part out a limited number of them.

That means any and every part for a G90 or Marquee Ultra is available. Out of running machines. Yes, YA boards, yes, complete tube assemblies, yes, yes, yes.

I also have new condition bare tubes, nearly all of which are P19LUGs in all colors.

I know for certain that I have not less than 18 new condition bare red P19LUGs. I'd let those go REALLY cheap as I'm clearly overstocked.

I have complete Marquee LC assemblies, LCP and LUG tube types both. (More LUG, few LCP)

I have red AND green C elements, in good condition, ready to be installed.

I still have all those Sony tubes that'll run in a 1292, as well.

PM me with your wish list and with your offer for those parts. Be aware other people may also be asking for the same parts, so try to make a competitive offer.

My plan is to hold back two G90s for myself, for now at least, and two Marquees. The rest are all candidate for parting out.

If you want to bring a truck down to central Florida and want to buy in bulk, let's talk! I'm ready!
bryan

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi bryan here can you tell me the boards required to upgrade a 9500 to a ultra and cost of all boards? required I am in Australia so exchange rate and freight are harsh
thanks bryan
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please use private messages if you need something from what I'm offering.

Upgrading to an ultra in and of itself isn't going to do a thing for your picture quality. No home theater installation needs the
greater geometry control of an Ultra but it is good to install younger boards in the unit simply because they're younger.

A 9500 to Ultra upgrade requires replacing the upper motherboard, replace the focus board with a focus and geometry board,
and MAY update the HDM to a newer version. Plus the CLM's firmware needs to be new enough to support Ultra functionality,
if I'm not mistaken.

You should try to define what you really want to upgrade or replace, as a parts list. At least tell me about the status of your
own unit. When it was made, what's been done and upgraded to it, etc.
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys

Complete Ultra functionality started with CLM v4.2c. Some functions were found on v4.0, don't remember which. The Ultra was a gathering of functions found on special versions of Marquee built prior to 1999, like high scan rate and dome units.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm even willing in principle to part out a G90. Every part is available. Yes, including working YA boards.

For those, PM me with your best offer. If I like your offer enough, I may take it. But since I'm not exactly sure what the market will bear, I'll let YOU make offers to ME.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmjohnson wrote:
For those, PM me with your best offer. If I like your offer enough, I may take it. But since I'm not exactly sure what the market will bear, I'll let YOU make offers to ME.

We don't have the rule here (yet), but most buy and sell forums require that users post (a) the item for they have for sale and (b) the price they want for it (often negotiable).

This sort of "I may have all sorts of stuff to sell if people are willing to pay me enough for it and I'll figure out what I have exactly and what it's actually worth after enough offers come in" sort of fishing nonsense isn't allowed in most forums because it wastes everyone's time.

You either have stuff to sell or you don't. List the items, list the asking prices. Don't know what stuff is worth? Do your homework. You'll have to do it anyway whenever someone offers a $$ amount.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's photo album (18 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The buy and sell forum rules have been updated to not allow any fishing as it wastes everyone’s time.
Please post a list of items you are selling and their asking prices.
Here's are a few great examples of how to do it:

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41002
http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40136

Or see any of Curt's posts in this sub-forum.

If you’re just trying to get rid of stuff and don’t care, list it as free. Many have been doing this with CRT stuff given the limited value.

Kal

cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, fine, be that way. Make it a pain for people trying to get rid of stuff, not for any actual benefit to the forum.

G90 parts: (All tested working)
Any circuit board $25.00 each except BA ($50.00), not offering a YA board at this moment.
Perfect condition G90 CRT assemblies, no visible tube wear at all, 100 dollars for red, 200 for green with dark green C element, 150 for blue.

G90 lenses (HD-10F), 150 dollars for a set of 3.

Marquee parts: (All tested working)
HDM $50.00, any other board not specifically named is $25.00 each including "classic" neck cards (0338/0339 series)
LVPS $50.00,
HVPS $50.00.
VIM $50.00 (02P, stock)
Marquee remotes, $10.00 each.

Not currently offering any modded boards. All boards are stock and working.

Complete Marquee CRT assemblies, all with like new condition tubes, absolutely no wear on them:
Red 100
Green 200
Blue 150

One set of VDC rebuilt tubes in Marquee CRT assemblies, light even 16:9 pattern wear, about 700 hours on them,
(rebuilds aged fast in the early days), 25 dollars each. They'll get pitched soon if not sold.

Bare tubes:

Red P19LUG, tube condition is essentially brand new, 75 dollars each, 18 available.
Blue P19LUG, very limited availability, 125 dollars each, like new condition, zero wear
Green P19LUG, very limited availability, 175 dollars each, also like new with no wear.

One set of Lexel made P19LCP tubes built for VDC back around 2004, absolutely brand new tubes,
200 dollars for the set. This set is unique in that the electron guns are clocked differently than standard,
they are rotated 24 degrees clockwise. They include custom adapter plates so regular Marquee covers
and neck shields work fine with them. These tubes are mounted in Marquee hardware and are ready to install and run.

Brand new (truly brand new, literally in the original shipping flats) P43 phosphor 9" PT22 tubes, GREEN FAST PHOSPHOR,
1 unmounted bare tube for 100 dollars, 1 mounted in Marquee hardware for 125 dollars.

8" P43 fast phosphor CRTs, brand new in the shipping flat, 25 dollars each. These are bare tubes that you will have to transfer
into your hardware.

One set of 8" Marquee tubes, brand new, P19LNN or LJE or similar part numbers, 25 dollars per tube. These probably will
need you to run the G2 lead to pin 6 if used in a Marquee. Can be used in some Barco models as well.

Marquee magnetics (full set including 2/4/6 pole CPC rings) are included on every 9 inch Marquee CRT assembly.

All prices do not include shipping costs.

"B stock" CRTs. These are tubes that have lots of life left in them but they're not flawless. Some may have very faint pattern wear, some have a phosphor defect (pinhole) in otherwise perfect phosphor. All colors, 25 dollars each. The worst of them rates an 8 on Curt's wear scale. These are bare tubes without hardware. I have more reds than blues and greens but I do have at least five or six even of the greens.

Feeling like picking up a bunch at once? Bring a truck to Melbourne FL and load up and save the shipping costs. In-person discounts will apply.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmjohnson wrote:
OK, fine, be that way. Make it a pain for people trying to get rid of stuff, not for any actual benefit to the forum.

The intent is to help sellers and make it easier for buyers too. No buyer likes to read a seller posting ‘I have all sorts of stuff to sell but I’m not going to give you prices or conditions on anything. Instead, make me an offer.’

Kal

Last edited by kal on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
tfuller

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent a PM, but with this new account, it's unclear if it's actually allowed to make those yet. If you weren't able to read my message, would email work better?
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of spammers you can't send a PM until you've posted publically at least 5 times. See: http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21147

Kal

tfuller

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
Because of spammers you can't send a PM until you've posted publically at least 5 times. See: http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21147

Kal

Alright, figured as much. PMs show as sent before that limit is met, then.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tfuller wrote:
Alright, figured as much. PMs show as sent before that limit is met, then.

No - you can't even send PMs. I just tested it by signing up with a new user and tried to send a PM and I got the message:

Sorry, but in order to reduce the chance of spammers sending private messages, you must post publically at least once before being able send private messages. Be aware that all SPAMMING attempts are logged.

So sorry, but it's only a single public post that is required, not five. You've done that, so you can send PMs, and sounds like you have.

When you send a PM it first goes to: Outbox (PMs that you've sent and have not been read)
Once the user reads it it moves to: Sentbox (PMs that you've sent and have been read)

It's a handy way to know if someone's read your PM.

Kal

Last edited by kal on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So just post twice more and then send me a message. You don't really have to say anything very important.

It's not like anybody else does around here. Very Happy
tfuller

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't want to spam pointless messages...
tfuller

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...because that would be inconsiderate Laughing
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmjohnson wrote:

Perfect condition G90 CRT assemblies, no visible tube wear at all, 100 dollars for red, 200 for green with dark green C element, 150 for blue.

Chris, are these LUG or LQF tubes? IE original G90 tubes that were mounted by Sony or LUG's put into G90 hardware?

You can reply here or email me?

Thanks,
Craig

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some remaining original LQFs that are red, maybe a blue or two also, but most of the blues and all the greens are LUGs.

I have plenty of new red LUGs, unmounted.

When I got the projectors I replaced any tube with any visible wear. Since the reds last longest most of them still have their original red tube. But they'll still have NO detectable wear by any means, and with full emission output.
wanderer

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking of picking up a spare set of tubes.... PM incoming!
sananes

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject: Green tube sony g90 Reply with quote

Hello
Have you for sony g90 one Green tube ( p19 lug)
France thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: