Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Blackhawk Down! Barco 1208s/E

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rod

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Blackhawk Down! Barco 1208s/E Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
My Barco 1208s/E lost the blue tube. On power up (from standby) I get nothing. I do notice that it lights up for a split second when I attempt to change ports from the remote (ie. pressing ‘5’).

Help me Obi-Palme, you are my only hope!

Rod

CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swap the neck boards (CRT sockets) between tubes, see if the problem follows. Do you get the blue test pattern, or is it dead too?
rod

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
Swap the neck boards (CRT sockets) between tubes, see if the problem follows. Do you get the blue test pattern, or is it dead too?

lotta cob webs in there.
yup. problem follows. swapped blue/green. blue lights up ok. green is dead.

CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, the CRT socket/video amp is dead. Shoot me the R762XXX part number on the board, I should have stock.
Cheers!
rod

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R762292
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure this is an SE projector? That is the part number for the old black square metal shielded video board, found in the old 1208 and 1209. One other customer is looking for them, and I sold him my last ones last year. I don't even have a test chassis any more to test/repair yours in, sorry!

The other fellow posted recently looking for the same one, with no one here having anything. You might be out of luck on this one, sorry!
rod

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll double check the number, but yes, it is as you physically describe. I'll add that I assume this is what you referred to as CRT socket/video amp.
If I end up having to scrap are any parts worth salvaging - especially the other working CRT video boards. Can't recall the lenses but they have the Joust mods and color corrected. Definitely helped with color and sharpness.

Having typed all this I guess I might have to go down the digital path. I always wanted a Cine 9 but not sure where the industry is with hi-end CRTs (price and availability, including support) vs today's digital (price and comparative quality).

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 9 inch CRT is a different league.

The biggest issues with Digitals is still the lack of smooth soap free look what a CRT offers.

Last edited by ElTopo on Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
rod

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree. Even with my 1208 (at 1080i) I see the benefits over the digitals I've seen. Hence my interest in a Cine 9. I'm also concerned with fan noise that digitals output. Is that still the case today? Consider I have a Barco which I understand to have the quietest noise levels with CRT.
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have about 5 909s here that I am going to work on (was hoping this month, but it might turn into December due to my sound installation work) that I am going to blow out cheap.. I have everything from new to good used tubes, and a variety of lenses. Price point: $1500-2500 USD depending on overall condition. whether I drop in red and green C elements (which I have), etc.. I also have one ceiling bracket here, I think it's new in the box!

Maybe that will sway you from going digital? Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: