Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Marquee CLM Battery Part Number

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Marquee CLM Battery Part Number Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hey guys, one of my client's CLM batteries appears to have died. Can someone please give me a part number or link to order a replacement battery. I need to order it ASAP and I don't recall the part number.

Thanks!
craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys

Renata 175-0 for 8110-8500-9500. Renata 500-0 for 8000-9000, no longer manufactured.
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim in Phoenix wrote:
Guys

Renata 175-0 for 8110-8500-9500. Renata 500-0 for 8000-9000, no longer manufactured.

Thanks Tim. I also talked to MP and he said he has a few that you sent him.

Mouser still has the Renata 175-0 in stock so I ordered one. They are only allowed to ship it by ground though because it's a lithium battery Rolling Eyes

Mouser also has a Renata 175-0B which may also fit.

That said, the sell inside the Renata 175-0 is just a regular CR-2032. So if necessary in the future a battery holder could easily be added to hold a CR-2032.

Best,
craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
barclay66

TV/Projector: Marquee 9500 Ultra

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIR Engineering wrote:
So if necessary in the future a battery holder could easily be added to hold a CR-2032.

This is what I do on every CLM I work on. The combination of battery holder plus button cell is much cheaper and makes future battery replacement easy...

Regards,
barclay66
View user's photo album (25 photos)
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys

I made a rig a few years ago, a chip-clip test device with wires that would inject 3 volts to the pins of the memory IC so the battery could be desoldered without dumping memory. Too much spare time! LOL
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim in Phoenix wrote:
Guys

I made a rig a few years ago, a chip-clip test device with wires that would inject 3 volts to the pins of the memory IC so the battery could be desoldered without dumping memory. Too much spare time! LOL

No I think that makes perfect sense Tim. If my client hadn't lost all his data already I would have done the same thing.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the old battery still measured 3.08 volts on my FLUKE 111 meter. Do you guys still think that it's the battery or does this CLM still have other issues? Which chip hold the memory on this board? I may replace it if I can get one here before Friday.

Thanks,
craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
barclay66

TV/Projector: Marquee 9500 Ultra

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

If the battery measures 3V (under load! -> An almost empty battery may measure almost the same without load), the problems may be found somewhere else.
What's the CLM's behavior exactly? Not saving the settings could be due to the current setup being locked (UTIL->1->3).

There are five ICs depending on the battery operation:

U17 (DS1236S): Battery Manager, provides battery power to the static RAMs (thus converting them to non-volatile RAMs), power to the Real-time clock and generates the Reset signal to the I/O Processor. Controls access to the non-volatile RAMs.

U16 (68HC711E9): I/O Processor. Operates as soon as Standby power is present. Controls remote, keyboard and serial interface operations. Replacements need to be preprogrammed (I have the equipment required for this). Contains CPU, RAM, OTP ROM and EEPROM.

U8 (DS1202): Real-time clock. Powered via U17. -> Does the clock/calendar always revert to default values? If yes, U17 and/or U8 could be bad.

U31/U32 (M5M5256CFP-12VXL): 32 KB Static RAM. Converted to non-volatile RAM (will retain memory with battery voltage between ~2-3V). Used for storing user accessible settings. Other settings (e.g. Serial number) are stored in U1 (NM24C04, serial EEPROM) on the Backplane board. If memory is lost, U17 or the RAMs themselves could be bad.

Regards,
barclay66
View user's photo album (25 photos)
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All calibration memories were lost. One night my client watched a movie, the next day all memories were gone when he turned on the projector.

Based on your post, I'm thinking U17 is probably bad?

Thanks,
craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barclay66 wrote:
Hi,

If the battery measures 3V (under load! -> An almost empty battery may measure almost the same without load), the problems may be found somewhere else.
What's the CLM's behavior exactly? Not saving the settings could be due to the current setup being locked (UTIL->1->3).

U17 (DS1236S): Battery Manager, provides battery power to the static RAMs (thus converting them to non-volatile RAMs), power to the Real-time clock and generates the Reset signal to the I/O Processor. Controls access to the non-volatile RAMs.

U16 (68HC711E9): I/O Processor. Operates as soon as Standby power is present. Controls remote, keyboard and serial interface operations. Replacements need to be preprogrammed (I have the equipment required for this). Contains CPU, RAM, OTP ROM and EEPROM.

U8 (DS1202): Real-time clock. Powered via U17. -> Does the clock/calendar always revert to default values? If yes, U17 and/or U8 could be bad.

U31/U32 (M5M5256CFP-12VXL): 32 KB Static RAM. Converted to non-volatile RAM (will retain memory with battery voltage between ~2-3V). Used for storing user accessible settings. Other settings (e.g. Serial number) are stored in U1 (NM24C04, serial EEPROM) on the Backplane board. If memory is lost, U17 or the RAMs themselves could be bad.

Regards,
barclay66

However, the old battery measured the same with or without load. The new battery dropped some voltage after I installed it.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
jbmeyer13

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIR Engineering wrote:
barclay66 wrote:
Hi,

Regards,
barclay66

However, the old battery measured the same with or without load. The new battery dropped some voltage after I installed it.

craigr

Make sure he downloads the marquee loader software this time;-)

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the newest (final) version of loader?

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a replacement control board on hand from High Rez. I may do the setup with the new CLM and then try and get the data off it and load it to the old CLM. That way if the old board goes poof I will still have everything.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
jbmeyer13

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIR Engineering wrote:
What's the newest (final) version of loader?

craigr

I think it's version 2_3 which is from 2007. That's what I have and it works fine. I just emailed it to you in case you need it.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIR Engineering wrote:
We have a replacement control board on hand from High Rez. I may do the setup with the new CLM and then try and get the data off it and load it to the old CLM. That way if the old board goes poof I will still have everything.

craigr

What year is the new CLM and is it an Ultra? Be careful there can be compatibility issues with CLM and their respective firmware.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbmeyer13 wrote:
CIR Engineering wrote:

craigr

What year is the new CLM and is it an Ultra? Be careful there can be compatibility issues with CLM and their respective firmware.

Yeah, I know, I don't know which software goes with which firmware. It is an ULTRA.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So to make a long story short, Librarian saved the day again. My client now has two good working CLM's with his configuration on them. It seems as though his original CLM just needed a battery, but he has the second in case his original has an intermittent problem. We also have a copy of his config.

For those who didn't see my old post on Librarian here it is:

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=302273#302273

Best and thanks to all.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: