Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Sony G90 for parts
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
gjaky wrote:
Winter is coming... so you just turn on the Kuro and no need for the fireplace anymore to feel the warmth (just like with the CRT) LOL

YES! I am not buying that co2 crap. In a few years it will be white everywhere with zombies all around Smile
Check this one. Svensmark and cosmic rays.
https://youtu.be/ANMTPF1blpQ

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redfox001 wrote:
HAve to tell you guys I found a 600A with close to 500 hours. It is as good as new. The former owner got it as a thirteenth month put it on the attic to start a homecinema but was not a tv guy at all. It just stood there. He did not know how to read the hours as it is complicated with the 600A, you have to use a serial cable and an adapter. Than you have to find the commands in the service manual. So he said something like 30 hours and that was a bit to low estimated. I checked the brightness of the panels, the dust in the fans and yes I am convinced! So now I have two 600A for the next 10/20 years of dry desert that are coming Very Happy Also a 500A for parts or for resell. Remember guys " Winter is coming" Very Happy Call me crazy Wink

A like new ISF calibrated Pioneer 141FD (Elite Signature series with the 'handpicked' panels) turned up locally on Craigslist. Purchased new in 2011 as NOS I presume. The deal was too good to pass up. I now have the 600M and a backup 60" panel.
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HaydnG90 wrote:
redfox001 wrote:
HAve to tell you guys I found a 600A with close to 500 hours. It is as good as new. The former owner got it as a thirteenth month put it on the attic to start a homecinema but was not a tv guy at all. It just stood there. He did not know how to read the hours as it is complicated with the 600A, you have to use a serial cable and an adapter. Than you have to find the commands in the service manual. So he said something like 30 hours and that was a bit to low estimated. I checked the brightness of the panels, the dust in the fans and yes I am convinced! So now I have two 600A for the next 10/20 years of dry desert that are coming Very Happy Also a 500A for parts or for resell. Remember guys " Winter is coming" Very Happy Call me crazy Wink

A like new ISF calibrated Pioneer 141FD (Elite Signature series with the 'handpicked' panels) turned up locally on Craigslist. Purchased new in 2011 as NOS I presume. The deal was too good to pass up. I now have the 600M and a backup 60" panel.

In the end after a lot of calibrating I turned the contrast all the way down to 0 on my 600A! That gives the best blacks and when you use very dimm light in your room (glow and carbon lamps) the 600 comes very close to the Barco. I watch a lot of movies on it. Calibrated in night mode to 10 ftL was something like contrast on 10. You can get 40ftL from these Pioneer!

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, after checking the monitor using Spears and Munsil BR calibration disc I see the panel does need tweaking for gray scale tracking. Its not adjusted as well as my 600M from the test patterns using DNice optimized settings.
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 07, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm handpicket panels very nice! I need those too Very Happy

When I look at the 1 on 1 testpicture on the 600A it looks perfectly resolved yet my Barco does the interpolation of the pixels in the scanlines and that makes him effectively UHD resolution, at least sort of, while HD is not completely resolved Smile
I do not know for sure what I like more. Perfectly resolved HD or interpolated UHD. Have to finish my Barco setup soon. The great thing about the Pioneer's is you can just turn them on and are almost ready Smile

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what we are talking about!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: