Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

I am now ignoring free 9 sets.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digitalayon

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: I am now ignoring free 9 sets. Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
OK so on Friday I got a call from a guy to come and get a free G90 from a church in SLC. They were moving in to a vacated building and did not want the G90 that had been there the last 17 years. They told me it's free if I want to take it down from the 24 foot high ceiling. I passed on it. Called a friend and told him about it as he had equipment to get it. He got it but said it was extremely back breaking and took 6 guys and 3 ladders to he-man it down. He could not get his scissor lift in between the pews and they would not let him temporarily remove the pews. It has about 4,000 hours on it. So it's not that bad. But he said he wished he had left it alone and not commit to taking it. I am just wondering if this is becoming more common depending on the job.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so he got it. Great. If the tubes are worn (probably) then the question then is to part it out or retube it and use it.

The YA board is valuable.

I can assist in retubing it, I have tubes in stock for G90s. At prices I never thought I'd see or offer for tubes.

I am also interested in acquiring the existing tube assemblies even if they are heavily worn. I need the mounting hardware off them,
and the anode leads, and I'd take the magnetics, too.
digitalayon

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmjohnson wrote:
OK, so he got it. Great. If the tubes are worn (probably) then the question then is to part it out or retube it and use it.

The YA board is valuable.

I can assist in retubing it, I have tubes in stock for G90s. At prices I never thought I'd see or offer for tubes.

I am also interested in acquiring the existing tube assemblies even if they are heavily worn. I need the mounting hardware off them,
and the anode leads, and I'd take the magnetics, too.

I will ask him what he plans on doing with it. He might be moving forward in using it. He asked me about the moome card.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I was considering how to remove a G90 from a 24 foot ceiling. NO WAY would I have been any part of a six man, three ladder crew to get it, even if everybody contributed their labor for free. I'd have hired a high lift or left it there.

What would be really bad, though, would be to go to all that labor and then discover, after the unit is removed, that there was a pulley
lift system there all along!

Did this unit include the PSS-90 two piece ceiling mount system, by chance?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely grab it for parts. heck, offer him $100 for the set once it's on the ground. I'm short a YA board, and yep, the red C element, Moome card and other bits are worth it, incl the ceiling bracket.

If that was their main worship projector, wanna bet the contrast is set to 100, and the tubes look like they have 20K hours on them? Smile

Also, tell them to take the lenses off before taking the set down. That will take 55 lbs off the weight of the projector.
digitalayon

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will let you guys know next week. We are doing a bbq.
UncleWill

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9" set -- with a big freaking catch!!

I don't blame you for passing with those logistics.
View user's photo album (21 photos)
digitalayon

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha ha ha you guys will like this.....he went back for the mount last night....he found a small attic crawl space above that no one knew about. Most likely how they put it in. HA HA HA HA HA
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a winch or rope and pulley system in there?

I think I might have referenced this possibility previously.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: