Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Extron Scaler and Switcher

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UncleWill

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Extron Scaler and Switcher Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Someone nearby me is selling two Extron devices.

Extron MAV plus Cross Point 450 Plus AV Matrix Switcher
Extron DVS 304 Video and RGB Scaler

Trying to imagine what these could be used for.

My video setup has a EHome < HDLeeza < AV Receiver < Sony Source Switcher.

Wondering if these devices would make the chain easier...
All video sources are component, Svid, Composite to RGBHV
View user's photo album (21 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MAV CP 450 is typically used where you have many sources and displays. It allows you to put whichever input to whichever output.

The DVS 304 is a scaller that can do CVBS(composite), S-video, component and RGBHV(VGA) inputs and scale to one selected resolution output.
For example let's say you had a digital projector that was 1680x1050. Putting this scaller in line would allow you to scale all 4 inputs including a PC to the native res of the projector of 1650x1080.

I own a few of them. Nice scallers. Just make sure they have good ventillation. I srt one up on a SONY 1251 with a 1st gen X-box and a Pioneer DVD recorder. Scale it all to 1080i. Looks good.

In your case you could do away with the SONY switcher and HDLeeza and put the DVS-304 in there provided you only need one Composite, one Svideo and one component input.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: