Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Blowing out a bunch of 9" projectors this fall

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Blowing out a bunch of 9" projectors this fall Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Thought I'd post this well ahead of time. I have a G90 in stock and about 5 Barco 909s. All need tubes to some degree.

On Sept 19 I am picking up 6 or 7 Barco 1209s sets that are being decommissioned out of a planetarium. I retubed 3 of these sets about a year ago with new tubes, so they should still be in excellent shape, since they project blacks all the time for the most part. The replacement green tubes came from Greg Eisemann, the R and B I had in stock here. They run about 1600 hours a year based on the age of the sets (1998) and their hour counts (roughly 30K hours on the chassis). Tubes have also been replaced in the past by myself and VDC due to contamination and a couple of implosions. Smile

I am not keeping the 1209s chassis at all, but will pull boards and bring up lenses. There's at least one pair of HFQ900 lenses that I can put on the 909s I have. as the 909s I have came out of a flight simulator, with curved screen lenses on them. I also have one yet untested new old stock 909 green tube that I purchased elsewhere at the beginning of the summer, still in the original barco box.

What (hopefully) these 1209s tubes will allow me to do is retube my 909s as needed, and I will sell them for less than ever before. I have remotes, and I have at least one ceiling bracket in stock as well. I have the ceiling bracket and remote for the G90 as well.

It's time to blow these outta here. Not sure of the price yet, it will depend on the tube condition and lenses, etc.

I am throwing this out there now, but won't be able to get to the sets until sometime in October, as I am in the middle of 4 big sound installations right now that are putting projectors on the back burner.

CJ wants a cheap 909 to play with, I can accommodate that at that time as well.

For the rest of you what are tempted to upgrade from whatever you have now, start saving money! Smile

I will post as I start going through them, but these will be at VERY attractive pricing.

I will still support CRT of course, and have projector parts for 8 and 9" sets to last at least 10 years for everyone, it's just time to move this stock out.
Pokemon640

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just in case, i have a barco cine 6, if you are looking for a trade
every led indication is ok, hv ok, tubes work. But no picture in tubes. I have test composite signal only (not RGB). Rolling Eyes
plus, a Barco Retroblock D808S
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No trading, sorry! Time to blow out the remaining stock of projectors I have, short of my test chassis for repairs. As far as I know, the Cine 6 was never sold in North America, so there's a good chance you won't find parts for it. I would recycle that projector at this point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: