Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Marquee 8500 losing my marbles again - No power
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meemil

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Phew! The problem for +24v error light actually was I had mixed the conv and vertical board ribbon cables! Shocked super lucky it didn't fry anything. I'm now at the very beginning, hearing HV crackle, PJ kinda turns on but theres no power light, picture nor does the remote work.

Cheers,
Eemil
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As in you put the connector on by 1 pin or row? Been there, done that. Smoked a few boards doing that!

If you are getting HV crackle, then your deflection boards are fine, and you should get video. Check other connections, are the tube filaments lighting? Put the brightness to max, measure G2 voltage, should be between 400-700 volts.
Meemil

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Curt! While reassembling the PJ I actually mixed the 2 connectors which go from the heatsink boards to motherboard. So I put vertical ribbon connector to convergence and vice versa. Dumb me thought they were the same and didn't notice the small texts saying 'vertical' or 'convergence'.

Anycase the filaments do ligjt very dimly, like in standby mode. How do I go about and measure the G2 though? I still 95% think it's the LVPS.

Cheers!
Eemil
Meemil

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I just acquired a swap supply, but the hackjob is acting the same since very beginning. Am I totally lost with this?

I will add that I was changing a set of neckboards when i discovered this issue. Could this give any hints?

Thanks, Eemil
Meemil

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah nevermind, the problem was actually way simpler, a bad contact on CLM. Welp, atleast I have a shiny recapped LVPS now Smile

Thanks for everybody's input!

Cheers, Eemil
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: