Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

 
Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Ghost in the Shell

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Movie & Media Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
WanMan



Joined: 19 Mar 2006
Posts: 10222



PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Ghost in the Shell Reply with quote


        Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Once again Americans ruined another great Japanese idea. I have several of the animated and anime+CGI films, want to buy the series, etc., and I even like Scarlett Johansson, but this piece of crap was a waste of my money, time, and my well being.

_________________
Trust no one. Absolutely no one. Advice of the board.
Back to top
draganm



Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 8600
Location: Colorado


PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghost in the Shell Reply with quote

WanMan wrote:
Once again Americans ruined another great Japanese idea. I have several of the animated and anime+CGI films, want to buy the series, etc., and I even like Scarlett Johansson, but this piece of crap was a waste of my money, time, and my well being.

yup , I never even got past the preview on that one. No plan to even watch it from Netflix DVD

I've developed a nose for "Hollywood Garbage" , heavy on special effects, fight sequences, shallow acting, hollow characters . All in all 2 hours of your life you'll never get back.

The really sad part is I just described 90% of movies being made

_________________
MARQUEE HD MODS: Bring your Marquee CRT projector (or clone) back up to spec and offer even greater performance!
Back to top
View user's photo album (2 photos)
jbmeyer13



Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 1084



PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghost in the Shell Reply with quote

draganm wrote:
WanMan wrote:
Once again Americans ruined another great Japanese idea. I have several of the animated and anime+CGI films, want to buy the series, etc., and I even like Scarlett Johansson, but this piece of crap was a waste of my money, time, and my well being.

yup , I never even got past the preview on that one. No plan to even watch it from Netflix DVD

I've developed a nose for "Hollywood Garbage" , heavy on special effects, fight sequences, shallow acting, hollow characters . All in all 2 hours of your life you'll never get back.

The really sad part is I just described 90% of movies being made


And you forgot the films like "Manchester by the Sea" which are suicide inducing. Sure it's good acting but there's nothing enjoyable about it. The corporate side wants to make money while the artistic side are a bunch of flakes. They used to meet in the middle more often but that is sadly the case anymore because the lucrative foreign market doesn't care for such ventures.

_________________
Projector: Modded 9501LC ULtra- MP VIM, Vold VNB, ETECH LVPS, Silver VIM Cables, HD10F's & a V1 case!
Back to top
WanMan



Joined: 19 Mar 2006
Posts: 10222



PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I partly blame the original rights owner for this POS. They took the money and ran, allowing their franchise to be forever labelled a harlot.
_________________
Trust no one. Absolutely no one. Advice of the board.
Back to top
draganm



Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 8600
Location: Colorado


PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WanMan wrote:
I partly blame the original rights owner for this POS. They took the money and ran, allowing their franchise to be forever labelled a harlot.
well that tells you how they saw their own work, a franchise to be flipped for a quick buck
_________________
MARQUEE HD MODS: Bring your Marquee CRT projector (or clone) back up to spec and offer even greater performance!
Back to top
View user's photo album (2 photos)
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Movie & Media Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum