Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Barco 808 Graphics PJ Problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
The CPU LEDs do nothing to show errors. If the set turns on and off via the remote or keypad, then ignore the CPU status LEDs.
dandyjac

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an update video i put on y tube. this is what happens if it dosen't pick up any video signal after 5 minutes look at the G2 board and listen to the sound, is this normal ? because it has done this for years and i just restart with the remote control to reset. please forgive the filming as it is hard filming with my phone Smile link below
https://youtu.be/ljrOqNxE3iI
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scan fail red LED is a concern, which most likely is triggering the flashing LED. All greens are supposed to be on, the red is supposed to be off. Maybe it IS the vertical board. Smile
km987654

TV/Projector: Barco BG809s

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
The CPU LEDs do nothing to show errors. If the set turns on and off via the remote or keypad, then ignore the CPU status LEDs.

Wow thats a pretty broad statement. There error LED in my experience will show a cpu board problem although rare. In the instance i am thinking of the projector cycled on and off with scan fail LEDs on so not exactly the same as your problem.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree, and I've worked on 100s of Barcos. Smile
They will show an error light when the main SMPS goes dead, so they show that the main SMPS isn't turning on, although if that error light blinks, it could also be that the wired or wireless keypad is programmed to the wrong address, so the SMPS may not be dead. The status lights on the G2 board and elsewhere in the set are far more useful than the CPU indicator lights.
km987654

TV/Projector: Barco BG809s

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
I disagree, and I've worked on 100s of Barcos. Smile
They will show an error light when the main SMPS goes dead, so they show that the main SMPS isn't turning on, although if that error light blinks, it could also be that the wired or wireless keypad is programmed to the wrong address, so the SMPS may not be dead. The status lights on the G2 board and elsewhere in the set are far more useful than the CPU indicator lights.

Not doubting your experience. Unless you are asserting you have seen all possible combinations and faults. Until this issue is resolved all options should be explored which is why people ask for forum input rather than just technical input.

I know that projector cycling can happen with a bad cpu board or bad firmware or the wrong combination of firmware and RWI or not having the CPU board cable plugged into the switcher board. Perhaps the same issue could be had with a bad swticher board? When the projector does cycle scanfail LEDs light up.

This just a suggestion to investigate.
dandyjac

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Bingo guys. I just received the verticle shift board and problem solved thanks everybody for your help much appreciate
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: