Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

VDC 9518 mk II trouble-shoot
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I would have been happy with this much darker meaner blue than what I ended up with. But the color chart is not even close to this wonderful blue and wonder what this is.

thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wrong, it is very likely it's 3M 1080 Gloss Blue Raspberry! A very nice choice for a connoisseur, Mr.

But nah, purple is still ahead looking at them two.

cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like that blue! No surprise, I'm partial to blues in general.

I went for that purple on the G90 simply because it's even wilder than any shade of blue, and I like that total "attention whore"
kind of attitude the purple has.

It is the exact purple that I would custom order if I were in a position to buy and custom order a new Porsche from the factory.

Which I'm not.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you go for another G90 with this blue? I'd like to see that wrap on any pj.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't tempt me to spend more money!

If I did another painted G90, it'd be a twin to the first one so I could do a color matched blend setup.

The problem with painting a G90 is that the top cover always has enough distortions in the metal,
due to the way it's constructed, that it has to have bodywork done on it before it's straight enough to
look good in a full gloss finish. Which means that with bodywork, and the cost of paint and supplies,
it costs me more than 300 dollars to do all the paint work and that does NOT count the extra effort
made to paint the other covers in gloss black. I'd actually say that the total cost to repaint a G90
as pictured, black on the lower parts, gloss metallic on the upper cover, is near 500 dollars.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

House of Kolor Oriental Blue. Google it. It's darker and more intense than it looks like in MOST of the google images you'll find of it.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got my eye on the raspberry first hand but will look more carefully on what you suggested as well. I'm sure it's nice.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you're doing all that work to rework the vision 2 case for the projector, I would suggest you give consideration to having a good auto painter do your chosen finish in automotive acrylic urethane. Wraps are OK but they're not equal to a professionally applied paint job. The job I did on the purple G90 makes me smile every time i see it.

If I had a big enough place I'd just paint every one of my G90s in a different color and use them all!
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I have a fault on any of my newer - or older 2010 boards - nor do I think it has to do with the MP boards I bought.. I'm wondering if I made I mistake when installing the new motherboard, if there is some sort of ground-loop, or whatever you call it.

I made clear the small white protective shield on the left side half, underneath the motherboard, is there, so I know it can't be that. Unless of course, there's a glitch there anyways preventing it from starting. I will try the ol' LVPS+CLM+remote when I get about it. I need to unload the tubes first, again.
mp20748

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra / Super 02 and 03 VIM

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: VDC 9518 mk II trouble-shoot Reply with quote

thewolfman wrote:

...Seen from the front, going left to right, number 3 is flashing every second.. I wonder what that's about.....

Is this flashing on the LVPS?

Quote:
EDIT: Ok, now the CLM has a red light on showing it's the LVPS. It wasn't on at first

is this still there with the flashing third light on the LVPS?
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is the LVPS that blinks. I have changed it long ago but don't remember how it blinks or not now, or what lights are lit on the CLM. I will check when I get around to it. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: