Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Electrohome Marquee 9500LC

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mookee

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Electrohome Marquee 9500LC Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
hi

i have thechance of purchasing a Electrohome Marquee 9500LC in good condition. only thing is that the guy says it looses a little bit of convergence when it is turned off..

i know thats difficult , but its all the info i have. what problem can that be, can i fix it or how much will it probably cost me to fix it..?

dont know if i should buy it

please tell me what you think#

thanks, best christoph
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely the battery is depleted on the control module, that would be an easy fix. However with that old machines it is not unusual to have the rubber bellows sweating glycol which is not very nice. You'd better check the machine in person...
View user's photo album (1 photos)
mookee

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi gjaky

thanks. that sounds fixable

gjaky wrote:
However with that old machines it is not unusual to have the rubber bellows sweating glycol which is not very nice. You'd better check the machine in person...

you mean on the tubes, or the cappacitators, or what exactly??

thx

best, christoph
mookee

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.curtpalme.com/MarqueeBellows.shtm

ohh, i see Wink

thanks for the tipp
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bellows are between the front and back metal part of the LC housing of the tube, see here:
http://www.curtpalme.com/Marquee_LC_removal.shtm

View user's photo album (1 photos)
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the bellows are sweating they really need to be replaced. It's not a bad job but it's a solid evening's work to do all three and do them right. Curt can provide new bellows. I make the very strong recommendation of ditching the old style metal clamping ring and black oxide bellows screws (18 of them per tube assembly) and getting Curt to provide you with the newer style plastic clamping rings, and obtaining replacement stainless steel screws and washers. (18 each per tube assembly)
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Electrohome Marquee 9500LC Reply with quote

mookee wrote:
hi

i have the chance of purchasing a Electrohome Marquee 9500LC in good condition. only thing is that the guy says it looses a little bit of convergence when it is turned off..
if the control board battery is bad you would lose a lot more than a little convergence, You would lose all saved parameters.

more likely the recall memory (channel) is locked , or the the boards need to be rebuilt.

Check the channel by pushing recall on remote when the machine is on, if you see a small key symbol pop up it's locked. Unlock in Service menu, channel set-up
View user's photo album (2 photos)
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little bit of convergence drift from "cold" to "warmed up" is to be expected. But it should be a matter of only a few line widths of the convergence grid. If it's more than that then the unit probably could use recapping on certain boards.
greg9518lc

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cm It would be nice to see some shots of your projector to
Show the sharpness you are talking about screen size and lenses
used. I recall you saying you have a high end Nikon so should be
simple enough with the tools and skills you posses. I am sure other members
would like to see this as well. I would be happy to post mine as well and am sure
others would follow.

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will state that I don't think the projector in question is any sharper than any other well set up Marquee of the same type CAN be.

The two that I'm spending time with at the moment are both stock but slightly different models. While I have MP modded
VIM and neck boards for both, they're not currently installed in a unit.

One is a 9501LC with a 1997 chassis, upgrade to an Ultra, and the other is a 2008 factory built Ultra with the newer 21778 neck cards. Both have LUG tubes in new condition.

Both are all stock (stock configuration, I can't say that they haven't had something swapped in them) but I've gone above and beyond to optimize everything I can. I believe that doing the same thing can help a lot of people to drag more sharpness out of their own stock machines.

As for screen shots, I've been meaning to get around to doing that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: