Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

JVC clear motion drive ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:57 am    Post subject: JVC clear motion drive ? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I have an RS45 D-ILA projector and I finally got the time to sit down and play with its settings, which until now were mostly
set at defaults.

What I found to be interesting and aroused my curiosity is the Clear Motion Drive option. Watching some CGI movies as my test material, for the moment, because that's what I was in the mood to watch, I experimented with the CMD settings.

The RS45's CMD settings are off, reverse telecine, and numbers 1 thru 4.

I quickly found that at least for CGI movies, mode 4 is awesome. Motion becomes very fluid and natural, which is of course
a great thing, but what really captured my attention is that the image took on a pronounced 3D appearance to it, and no, I'm not using the 3D feature. I have no idea how it's doing it but the 3D sense of depth in the image jumps right out at me in mode 4 with such clarity that it's like every other mode is watching a different movie. And it's not just the 3D effect, somehow, in ways I am not quite able to articulate, the entire picture just looks better.

I want to know how this feature works.
jbltecnicspro

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a google search for a white paper may yield some satisfactory results. I know what it's SUPPOSED to do, but I don't know the technical details of how it does it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: