Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Marquee 9500lc ultra edge problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warstorck

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject: Marquee 9500lc ultra edge problem. Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi I am a new member here at the forum, I got my first Crt Projector a couple of weeks ago an Electrohome Marquee 9500lc ultra. I am running an xbox one a CLD-R7G laserdiscplayer and a Tivo box into a DVDO edge green scaler and into the vim-hd hdmicard on the projector. I'm very happy with the performance of the projector, most of the screen looks absolutly fantastic however there are wide stripes running from top to bottom on the right side of screen where the color is much darker and the bottom left corner is almost black. I have attached pictures of the issue.
Also both edges of the screen is a bit more blurry than the middle and the convergence is abit of, Could this be because of faulty Kaempflug adjustment?

DSC_0090.JPG
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  DSC_0090.JPG
 Filesize:  317.32 KB
 Downloaded:  342 Time(s)

DSC_0091.JPG
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  DSC_0091.JPG
 Filesize:  279.07 KB
 Downloaded:  344 Time(s)

cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stripes are raster ringing and you probably can't do much about that with the sources you're running. It can be reduced or eliminated if you do custom timings which usually is only available if your video source is a PC or at least your source has adjustable timing parameters.

The shadow in the corner is evidence of bad setup. The picture is going off the corner of the CRT face and needs to be recentered.

There are guides to Marquee setup on this site, I suggest you readn them and practice what they preach.
Warstorck

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I figured it needed recentering buit thought I'd ask first. It's fixed now atleast. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: