Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

how do you calibrate a Samsung SUHD TV that has HDR+ ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> ChromaPure Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davelong

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: how do you calibrate a Samsung SUHD TV that has HDR+ ?? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
for some years I've had an older i1 calibrator that I've used on laptops etc and always intended to upgrade to the version suitable for LED and plasma TV calibration (but haven't yet). Last week I bought a new samsung 49" 7000 series SUHD TV that has in the picture expert settings the 'HDR+' mode. This got me thinking....

1. If a TV is calibrated would this mode need to be switched off during the calibration (and the TV set to 'standard' picture mode)

2. Once calibrated, would switching HDR+ back on negate the calibration (or would HDR+ still keep the correct relationship)? I don't know how HDR+ actually works but can see the benefit on screen when it is enabled.

3. Assuming there is a product in the range that could be used, which would be the cheapest (i wouldn't be doing this as a living but would probably end up doing extended family)

Thanks

Dave
TomHuffman

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Upgrade to v3.1
2. Select HDR as the reference Gamma.
3. Select Rec. 2020 as the Reference Gamut.
4. Purchase some HDR test patterns--Ryan Masciola sells a reasonably priced suite of test patterns.

Calibrate gamma and grayscale in the normal way.
Later this moth we will release an update that allows you to calibrate color as well.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tom. I'll look out for the update and also look into the HDR test patterns.

Its been a while since I did any of this so I'll have to 'read' myself back into it!

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> ChromaPure Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: