Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

JVC DLA RS2 Mounting Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Markrcis

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: JVC DLA RS2 Mounting Help Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I installed one 8 years ago. New installation of an older projector. There an 11" beam that projected image must clear and the top of the screen is 15" down from the ceiling.

Do I align the top of the lens with the top of the screen? Or is there another gouge?

This is a ceiling mount installation.

Lastly, the installation manual (online JVC DLA RS2) shows an adjustable wheel? of some kind that allows you to micro adjust 80% up/down and 34% L/R. These adjustment wheels are not on this projector. I even took of the front faceplate of the projector to see if I was missing something, but it's not there.

Maybe it's electric because I can see two sets of gears.

Any help experienced users please chime in.

Thanks
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll need to drop the projector enough from the ceiling to clear the 11" beam. How much you need to drop depends on the relative position of the beam between the projector and the screen.

For example: The screen's 15" from the ceiling so if the beam is very close to the screen, it won't be in the way of the projector's light path even with the projector flat on the ceiling. But if the 11" beam is right in front of the projector, you'd obviously have to drop the projector down at least far enough to clear the beam. So it depends. You can draw it up to scale on paper and figure out the angles. Or just try it temporarily by holding the projector and see what happens.

I'm not sure about the adjustable wheel. Do you have a link to the manual that shows this? What page?

Good luck!

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: