Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

PANNY AE4000 TURNS ON BY ITSELF !!! CMJ...ANYONE? ANYONE??

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dochlywd

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: PANNY AE4000 TURNS ON BY ITSELF !!! CMJ...ANYONE? ANYONE?? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
CJ, I know you have a lot of bench time with digitals. That's why I listed you in the subject....

I am hoping to get a simple answer that seems to be eluding me. I am by no means an installer but have basically installed middle of the road set ups for 3 or 4 friends. We have used Panny projectors in all of them because of finding good deals at the various times of helping them out. My sister's projector will randomly power up on it's own on a consistent basis. Her HT/Media Room is in her basement and her AE4000 is the ONLY piece of Panasonic equipment in the entire house. The equipment is installed in a rack in a closet behind the room and projector so we are using URC MX-3000 with MRF-350 base station to control the set up. There is a macro for "all power on" and a macro for "all power off" but it is ONLY the projector that is randomly powering up on its own. That would rule out something setting off the macros that I set up. Plus, this is the MX-3000 and base station that I was using in my HT which never had any issues and worked perfectly. I should also mention that there is NOT an IR lead running from the base station to the projector. That means that the projector can only be turned on by line of sight.

Any ideas? Keep in mind that I only know enough to get into trouble. So, if there is a very obvious solution and you are reading this while laughing and saying to yourself "this guy is an idiot"........then you are most likely correct in your line of thinking!!!

Thanks for any help you might be able to give!!

Doc
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the projector have a menu option for power on after power loss? Lots of computer based equipment does. Try pulling the power lead out of the wall and plugging it back in see if it powers up. If so look in the menu for an auto power on after power loss sort of setting.

Other thing that comes to mind is possibly one of the other remote codes from another device trigger the power. I know at my place the Toshiba TV remote turns on the Magnavox stereo and Auvio soundbar for instance.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this with my digital projector. The codes for my Barco 909 are similar enough to the power on command on the digital that it turns on at random while I'm converging. Tape up the IR sensor(s) with black tape and see if that stops it. If so, then something in the room is triggering the unit.

Something like putting in an Irule unit to selectively send commands via Wifi network to only that unit when required would be one way around it.
dochlywd

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do, Curt !!! The only other thing down there is a T.V. with an Xbox One connected to it but maybe its something with that.

@Analog, I thought that as well so I looked up the manual online and really couldn't find anything other than some Viera Link(?) which looked like it had some kind of "power" commands associated with it. I don't understand what it is but I will get into the menu next time I am there and make sure they are disabled.

Thanks!
wanderer

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually own two of these projectors in the same room and I've never had them power up by themselves. It probably will be a stray IR signal, or if something is connected via HDMI the Viera Link functionality might also be the cause. From memory you can disable the Viera link controls in the projector menus. Covering the small round IR sensor near the lens at the front is also really easy and effective. I often have the IR sensor covered on one of the projectors and power up the other one from the remote and this works fine.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a lot of bench time with CRT projectors, and SOME with a few selected digital models, but I would not say I have a lot of bench time with digitals. I think Curt is probably right, otherwise I'd think that the CIA's spying software is causing your projector to wig out.
gregstv

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The air conditioner remote turns on my Barco919
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poltergeist ... and they want to come through your screen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: