Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

New Old Stock G90 on ebbay
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
veelangs

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: New Old Stock G90 on ebbay Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-VPH-G90U-CRT-VIDEO-PROJECTOR-Looks-new-/302193706613?hash=item465c260675:g:ZGYAAOSw9GhYdq5x

Hey lads, hope you're well. Haven't posted in a while but maybe this will interest some of you (certainly interested me!) it's a new old stock g90, presumably with 0 hours on the clock.

I no longer have the space needed for a G90 or it would be high on my list!

cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been in touch with the owner about it. Its Dallas chip has failed and it shows a green 11 error code.
Since the owner has not been able to fully power it up its hours of use are not known.

It has NOT been represented as having never been used. That may, or may not, be the case.

I suggested to him that he should take it off auction, have the Dallas chip taken care of, get the hours off it IF that data
can be recovered, and if not, pull the lenses and photograph the tube faces.

This will allow him to maximize his profit and ensure that the buyer gets a really fair assessment of the unit before buying it.

The mere fact that it has a crate is only a bonus in the sense that it makes packing it for shipment much easier than having to build your own crate.
veelangs

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh really?

yikes that seems like VERY important information that he's conveniently left out. never mind everyone :\
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He didn't know about it. He's no projector expert.

Lots of people sell stuff for other people, or stuff they get in a lot at an auction, and don't really know its condition.

So far this guy has been very willing to post extra photos and give information and I believe his intentions are strictly honest.

If he KNEW about the potential problems, he would not have posted a picture of the rear display showing the 11 code.
veelangs

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fair fair

could be a good buy for someone else
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally I don't allow projector sales posts, but I'll let this one go as it's already overpriced considering it could well be used. A new in the box G90 has straps around the cardboard box. This one doesn't.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cover sheet is also wadded up under it. Which means that it is unlikely that the cover sheet was just take off for the first time ever. The PJ has been out of the crate, the cover sheet thrown back in, and the unit put back over it. So it is not, as the collectors say, NRFB. (Never Removed From Box)

But it may still be a more or less zero hours unit. With a dead Dallas chip its true hours count is probably unknowable.

But if the CRTs are in new condition, then it has great potential.
ElTopo

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now listed for 10K$

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seller took the listing down.
When Sony sold these units did they test them with the YA board installed. In other words did the 10 year life expectancy of the internal battery start when the G90 was in Japan? This would be bad news for anyone buying NOS units.
It certainly looks like a low mileage unit going by the lack of dust accumulation. A quick photo of the green tube would be next best thing to determine usage since the Dallas chip is dead and the actual logged hours will have been lost.
HaydnG90

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElTopo wrote:
Now listed for 10K$

WOW. Clearly not in tune with the market.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's going to have the Dallas chip replaced and then relist it. Complete with photos that show the pristine new condition of the CRTs.

In fact the unit is NOS and in new condition. Zero wear on the tubes, no dust inside the unit, bell glass is still silver and clear without any yellow tint.

It may not be worth 10K but when he does relist it we'll find out what a top condition G90 really brings on ebay today.

Since I'll be offering up some on ebay myself eventually, I'll want to watch and see what it brings.
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HaydnG90 wrote:
ElTopo wrote:
Now listed for 10K$

WOW. Clearly not in tune with the market.

How would he know? fh-video lists his G90s for 16k USD, so at 10k this is reasonable Smile Heck even if he found this site on the "Products for sale" section the Marquee 9500 is listed at 7500 USD.

View user's photo album (1 photos)
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FH Video just offered me a used G90 for 10K But with new (or new condition) tubes and guaranteed for a year.

Apparently they do sell one every so often at that price range. No doubt it's negotiable, though.

I contacted them to ask about certain spare parts. So they offered to sell me a complete projector, too, and why not?
They don't know that I won't bite.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the eBay auction price for this projector just went to $10K.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-VPH-G90U-CRT-VIDEO-PROJECTOR-Looks-new-/302198787929?hash=item465c738f59:g:ZGYAAOSw9GhYdq5x

Way ta go Chris, thanks to your emails the guy now thinks he's an expert! Very Happy
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's just fishing. After he gets the Dallas chip sorted out he'll relist at a more reasonable price and then we'll get to watch the fur fly.
racerxnet

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent him a message stating he is on crack. which crack remains to be seen. Smile

MAK
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sidewalk, butt, or San Andreas? Very Happy
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he had it at $5000, and it was guaranteed working, with good dallas chip & YA board, I think he would sell it... 10 grand? Does FH Video REALLY sell them at their high ass price? Or did they just say that to you to make it sound like they actually sell them? (that works more often than not)

I'd give him $100 for the crate and box Laughing

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FH Video did offer me a used, excellent condition G90 for 10K and apparently they DO occasionally still sell one at that price,
or a new one for about 16K.

So it's not impossible that this might bring 10K. All it takes is a good healthy bidding war. Egos will drive the price high.

If you need a G90 crate, FH Video does have an empty crate or two. They want a bit much for an empty box (packing inserts are included, but no projector) but the killer is shipping costs. 500 to 700 dollars to ship the crate across the US. Or more if you pick the wrong freight company.
HaydnG90

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its the volume of the box that dictates shipping cost. I have an original crate and pallet but that will stay with the G90 as its the best way to ensure secure transport.

Could this be the next vintage/aircooled Porsche bubble. Low mileage or NOS CRT projectors? I'd be worried about the IC421/YA board issue with any G90 with less than 1000-2000 hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: