Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

MP Moome took a dump
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greg9518lc

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject: MP Moome took a dump Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Anyone fix the Moome cards in the states or do I need
To send it back to Moome? No vertical sync so I am sure
It has taken a dump unless you have some wisdom to
Troubleshooting the problem. I hook up a new cable and player
And cable and still no sync. Worked the night before. Have
No red lights on diagnostics on the back of the marquee. There
Is only one green light on. Any suggestions appreciated.

Last edited by greg9518lc on Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
napos

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy New Year Greg!

Try selecting the input from the moome card remote. It may have swithced to the other HDMI input. So try 0 or 1 on the moome remote.
Let me know how it went.

Nicholas

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Greg

Push ** on the Marquee remote and see if it shows a v frequency
greg9518lc

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies have switched inputs and there is no sync no signal detected. I contacted Moome and will send out tomorrow. Not a big deal since getting my Martin Logan's Ascents and McIntosh amp have not turned on the projector in a few weeks. Really enjoying the audio system and video
Seems to no longer be a priority.

Looking at the bright side my tubes will last longer. Happy new year everyone
gregstv

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always wanted a McIntosh amp. Way to expensive in Australia. I am stuck with my Rotal and B&W's for now. It's does sound good especially with vinyl.
greg9518lc

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregstv wrote:
I have always wanted a McIntosh amp. Way to expensive in Australia. I am stuck with my Rotal and B&W's for now. It's does sound good especially with vinyl.

I really like the Autoformers amplifier warm and sweet sounding with CDs. I just bought an Axiom MKII Western digital passive preamp and should get that this week. Picked my Mac MC2200 for 800.00. Great deal for 200x2.

Should have plenty of time since my MP modded Moomee took a dump. I am currently sourcing another maker of modded Moome cards
That will provide a cleaner picture and better reliability.
gregstv

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$800 is very cheap for that amp. The last one I saw here the guy wanted $5500au for it.
racerxnet

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audiogon is a great resource for audio equipment. Just be careful of the seller if something seems amiss.

https://www.audiogon.com/

Bought and sold thousands in audio components.

MAK
mp20748

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra / Super 02 and 03 VIM

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greg9518lc wrote:
Should have plenty of time since my MP modded Moomee took a dump. I am currently sourcing another maker of modded Moome cards

Someone sent me a link that goes back several months. In it you mentioned that you've already stopped using my version of the modified Moome cards. They also sent me a link where you also said you were selling or giving up my modified VIM, that one I was already aware of. But would like to ask since you spoke against using both, that since you're now still using my Modified Moome, are you still using my Modified VIM?

And to answer things here, if a Moome card that I've later modified fails. Moome would still warrant it, mainly because I only make changes to the analog section, with only a few changes with power rails. With that, the above listed failure would in no way be related to anything that I would have done in the Mod process. And I'll also add, that the later changes beyond what Moome himself does from my recommendations, I have made him aware of and he understands technically why I chose to do it.

So if you have a Moome card that fails that was later modified by me, I'm sure he'll continue to repair that failure, because he has been made aware of the changes that I've been making and things have been going very well so far with any warranty, which has been few over the years.

Also, and to my understanding from him, I'm still the only one that he has disclosed what devices he is using on those boards. The info I needed in order to make the changes I make myself and the recommendations makes the cards using my Mods. That plus, the changes I make for filtering the analog section has almost nothing to do with noise in the image. The noise that comes out of the DAC's require special filtering with the real reason for the filtering having very little to do with the image quality (when done right). The DAC's do well in the noise department. Or the noise level is so low, you'll not notice it at all on a standard projector. And even my very latest would show any noise problems. The noise that does come out of the DAC's are so high in frequency that a Low Pass Filtering solution is only needed. Very unlike a Reconstruction network that is common with PC cards that is quite complex.

And to answer another question here. No, my later version Moome card mods were re-done from anything previously to keep a hidden (not seen on screen) noise from getting into the video chain for the better and more reliable performance of the neck boards. Something else would happen with anything previous, and that is why it's important to have the matching neck boards that I basically do for free for the sake of better overall video chain. And that is why when you looked into the CRT's you reported that there was NO NOISE at all when looking directly into the tubes. The noise problem in the Marquee has NOTHING to do with the Moome cards.

I suggest for anyone wanting to really make or improve on any DAC or video cards performance, to attend I FCC Compliance seminar and get the right equipment, because there are special things to consider before looking at what's on the screen. The DAC's Moome have been using are phenomenal performers and very low noise already. They handled every bandwidth I put into them, which makes them very solid at the frequencies we use them for. They far exceed our requirements.
greg9518lc

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:
greg9518lc wrote:

Someone sent me a link that goes back several months. In it you mentioned that you've already stopped using my version of the modified Moome cards. They also sent me a link where you also said you were selling or giving up my modified VIM, that one I was already aware of. But would like to ask since you spoke against using both, that since you're now still using my Modified Moome, are you still using my Modified VIM?

And to answer things here, if a Moome card that I've later modified fails. Moome would still warrant it, mainly because I only make changes to the analog section, with only a few changes with power rails. With that, the above listed failure would in no way be related to anything that I would have done in the Mod process. And I'll also add, that the later changes beyond what Moome himself does from my recommendations, I have made him aware of and he understands technically why I chose to do it.

So if you have a Moome card that fails that was later modified by me, I'm sure he'll continue to repair that failure, because he has been made aware of the changes that I've been making and things have been going very well so far with any warranty, which has been few over the years.

Also, and to my understanding from him, I'm still the only one that he has disclosed what devices he is using on those boards. The info I needed in order to make the changes I make myself and the recommendations makes the cards using my Mods. That plus, the changes I make for filtering the analog section has almost nothing to do with noise in the image. The noise that comes out of the DAC's require special filtering with the real reason for the filtering having very little to do with the image quality (when done right). The DAC's do well in the noise department. Or the noise level is so low, you'll not notice it at all on a standard projector. And even my very latest would show any noise problems. The noise that does come out of the DAC's are so high in frequency that a Low Pass Filtering solution is only needed. Very unlike a Reconstruction network that is common with PC cards that is quite complex.

And to answer another question here. No, my later version Moome card mods were re-done from anything previously to keep a hidden (not seen on screen) noise from getting into the video chain for the better and more reliable performance of the neck boards. Something else would happen with anything previous, and that is why it's important to have the matching neck boards that I basically do for free for the sake of better overall video chain. And that is why when you looked into the CRT's you reported that there was NO NOISE at all when looking directly into the tubes. The noise problem in the Marquee has NOTHING to do with the Moome cards.

I suggest for anyone wanting to really make or improve on any DAC or video cards performance, to attend I FCC Compliance seminar and get the right equipment, because there are special things to consider before looking at what's on the screen. The DAC's Moome have been using are phenomenal performers and very low noise already. They handled every bandwidth I put into them, which makes them very solid at the frequencies we use them for. They far exceed our requirements.

I did stop using the MP modded moome, but had to use it for a while again as I shipped the other off to someone to get the new optimized upgrades that bypass your work.

The message i got with my vim is here.

"The MP vim is further optimized, pretty much leaving the only MP thing left the Analog Device ADG 1233 switcher, untill the replacement option for the switcher is fully tested.
The vertical lines has been removed and all the usual MP errors corrected, so you now have a noise free VIM for the special LUG neck boards we are going to use to replace your troublesome MP neck boards that was tested here, which we found impossible to save/ reuse as the quality of the work done is to poor, and key components replaced with troublesome parts that degrade performance."
racerxnet

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg,

Just a suggestion. It would do you good to leave Mikes name out of any posting regarding his work. Your presentation has been to aggravate in the the past, and continues to be done at another forum. It shows very poor control on your part. We all understand that you were not satisfied with Mikes work. Drop it and move on. If you have other MOD's you want to market, then post in a separate thread just for them only.

Once again, its just a suggestion.

MAK
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur. Please stop using this public forum to conduct a private war.

Remember what happened to Kurt? He got banned for stuff like this. Don't be NEXT.
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread was started with the intent to bash me and promote their mods as always. Greg praised and promoted my mods until I pulled away. And for the past 8 months it's been constant attacks and claims of being able to do better. That never happened. Now they are supposed to have gotten their hands on my latest and found flaws with it.....all I can say is lol, lol, lol!!!!
greg9518lc

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no intent here and I stay out of your threads. Why must you make a scene about everything
your mods are ok for most people but not for a true videophile. The quality control is not there and
most people who have dealt with you experience this one way or another.
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greg9518lc wrote:
There is no intent here and I stay out of your threads. Why must you make a scene about everything
your mods are ok for most people but not for a true videophile. The quality control is not there and

Bringing up a Moome card just to mention an MP modified Moome card in a negative way, is not an intent?

What did the failings of a Moome card have to do with me, were you able to confirm the Moome card cards failure was a result of anything I did before you posted. or was that an assumption, or as in knowing you as so many constantly remind me why and what you're doing. Would that card really have a problem at all??

I think you need to look at your post over the many months you have been slandering me, and realize like so many have been pointing out, that your tactics has exposed you. Because you're still and always talking about a product you claimed many months ago to have stopped using.

I think you should pay attention to how often and how many times you keep doing this, and then think about how you are being seen (note the last two posters) and just cut it out. What are you gaining and what is the point. You'll need to see what so many think of your antics and the way you constantly try to make something look bad, something most would never do over and over.

CRT is in the last part of the forth quarter. In other words, the game is getting closer to the end. You keep mentioning what you're coming out with, but not noticing a crowd being excited about the end results. mainly because I still have my following, though I kind of winding down myself in what I'm doing. But will hang in there in a little longer. Maybe then, there will be another mod out there, that's not using My VIM and other proprietary designs. maybe then, there will finally be a product that would be better. And if that happens, it will be fine with me, because again, if you would have made this happen during the first to the third quarter, I would be concerned, right now you're wasting your time. I really think it's not really something to blow a horn about...
greg9518lc

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:

greg9518lc wrote:

Bringing up a Moome card just to mention an MP modified Moome card in a negative way, is not an intent?

What did the failings of a Moome card have to do with me, were you able to confirm the Moome card cards failure was a result of anything I did before you posted. or was that an assumption, or as in knowing you as so many constantly remind me why and what you're doing. Would that card really have a problem at all??

I think you need to look at your post over the many months you have been slandering me, and realize like so many have been pointing out, that your tactics has exposed you. Because you're still and always talking about a product you claimed many months ago to have stopped using.

I think you should pay attention to how often and how many times you keep doing this, and then think about how you are being seen (note the last two posters) and just cut it out. What are you gaining and what is the point. You'll need to see what so many think of your antics and the way you constantly try to make something look bad, something most would never do over and over.

CRT is in the last part of the forth quarter. In other words, the game is getting closer to the end. You keep mentioning what you're coming out with, but not noticing a crowd being excited about the end results. mainly because I still have my following, though I kind of winding down myself in what I'm doing. But will hang in there in a little longer. Maybe then, there will be another mod out there, that's not using My VIM and other proprietary designs. maybe then, there will finally be a product that would be better. And if that happens, it will be fine with me, because again, if you would have made this happen during the first to the third quarter, I would be concerned, right now you're wasting your time. I really think it's not really something to blow a horn about...

This thread was started to see if anyone had some bright ideas how to fix my moome card.. If you have a problem with me having this moome card your welcome to buy it back. Ill give you a special deal on it when it comes back from Moome.

If you bump into my thread asking questions, expect me to reply to them as honest as I can.
There is no sale, no promotion, no alternative names mentioned, I do not have a product to sell, I bought and payed to get my boards fixed and made better by someone else, if you have a problem with that your welcome to address that directly, or if you think you now can do better your welcome to prove it. I see Gjaky has offered his mods up for testing/ comparison and I will be happy to pay Kurt to setup a projector for the comparison, and I am sure he would be happy to let you borrow the projector your using a bit longer for that purpose.

But please start a thread about that and keep this one about my defective MP moome card.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really want to insult either of you. I've had positive dealings with both of you and respect both of you.

BUT WILL YOU TAKE YOUR PURSE SWINGING COMPETITION TO PRIVATE MESSAGES ALREADY?

Trust me on this: NOBODY ELSE WANTS TO READ ALL ABOUT IT.

Greg, make no mention of anything Mike has been involved with. Mike, don't respond if he does. Simple. Problem solved. Done.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, you pretty much nailed it. Mike, frankly, you started it, the thread had nothing to do with your mods until you posted, then of course Greg took the bait and the two of you got into it.. again.

If Kal wants to delete the offending posts, that's fine, I don't have the ability to, but Chris is correct, I think most of us are getting really tired of the mud slinging and bashing. It's indeed why others got thrown off the forum in the past.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
Chris, you pretty much nailed it. Mike, frankly, you started it, the thread had nothing to do with your mods until you posted, then of course Greg took the bait and the two of you got into it.. again.

+1

Curt Palme wrote:
If Kal wants to delete the offending posts, that's fine

I have no interest in getting in the middle of this and/or wasting my time with this nonsense. It's all grey too. All I see is that Greg wrote the following which seems to have upset Mike:

greg9518lc wrote:
Should have plenty of time since my MP modded Moomee took a dump. I am currently sourcing another maker of modded Moome cards that will provide a cleaner picture and better reliability.

It may be poor control on Greg's part as racerxnet mentioned but who cares? If someone was expected to take action every time someone wrote something on the internet that upset someone else, nothing would ever get done.

Greg: Stop being a dick and picking on Mike's work. We get that you don't like it. Nobody cares. Move on.
Mike: Stop being a cry baby every time someone says something negative about your work. Nobody cares. Move on.

Curt Palme wrote:
I think most of us are getting really tired of the mud slinging and bashing. It's indeed why others got thrown off the forum in the past.

Exactly.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right both you and Curt Kal, that I took the bait. And I should have just ignored that comment knowing they seem to not give up on the antics.

What really got me was the posting about a Moome card that was modified by me over a year ago... it was also posted about maybe 4 months ago that it was being replaced by someone else more superior working Moome modified card... and, what really bothered me was the problem with the card being related to the Mods that was done a year ago that has absolutely nothing to with the mod section that I work on. Yes, it was tempting to not bite that one..Shocked

And on another post that got my attention was the mention of "testing" my work and finding major flaws with it... that was a difficult one, because I've only sent out one set of boards for the entire 2016 that has my latest work. That set of boards went to someone that swear that they never left his presence. And for the other set of boards that were due to go out, as known, the customers told me to hold onto them until I'm really finished. And that is what I've done. So there has not been any work out there to be used (as they have been saying) as something that someone could have proven to be inferior to something else. The work has not been made available for that to happen.

Also, and concerning stability and workmanship, you would have to see and experience what is going on now to make that statement, or for that statement to have any real weight to it. As I've been saying, I'm doing things a lot different from before, thanks to TSE for sending me the test jig. Once I got my hands on that, it was an entirely different game.

To add, I care less about the promised mods that I keep hearing about and how much better they are or can be to what I'm doing now. It makes no sense to me as Ive said so many times before and why I would not join in on any comparisons or anything else. Mainly because I disagree with the way and means that things have been communicated by those making the claims. Just make your work happen and stop posting on the various many forums how bad my work is and how much better somebody else work is, especially for something that doesn't even exist yet.

Again, we are in the bottom half of the 4th quarter, meaning the game is nearing ending. So for anyone today investing and putting a lot of effort into making CRT mods for sale on this date going froward, it really makes no sense to me. What I can say is that I've worn the Crown for CRT mods for nearly 15 years. If something better comes along, that would be fine with me. I only ask that you give me the same respect I've giving, and do so by not mentioning anything I'm doing to promote or otherwise make known what you are trying to do.

Nobody really gives a damn one way of the other...
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: