Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

MPMODS - my latest
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digitalayon

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hey Mike are these my cards?
mp20748

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra / Super 02 and 03 VIM

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

digitalayon wrote:

Your boards are been used in the "screenshot" thread. But can easily do what's shown here, but would need to be tweaked instead of just plopped in the set.

They are still in my projector, I'll tune them in better this weekend and let you know when I am posting the shots
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the posted SMPTE pattern of 1920X1080P it is from a Digital Video Essentials Blu Ray direct from player to internal Moome. This pattern has been very usable and the standard barer end stage testing and verification to confirm native resolution verification on the screen. This is how we know we're 1080P capable, to put it another way.

And after using this pattern and others, you'll learn other things about it to helps reveal things about the video chain. My go to pattern for several checks, though it's not the all-in-all for absolute bandwidth confirmation...that's another subject, but for now let's just say it's the cats meow.

Now, using this pattern for years and reading and learning about other test patterns, something I've gotten to do a lot of over the years, you'll even come to know that not all test patterns are properly used, or that some test patterns are drawn wrong or not displayed properly. And this can be a subject of debate or discussion, but when also dealing with various commercial pattern generators, you find this same pattern shown very different. That is if you pay close attention to the pattern or use it enough to learn some things about it.

As mentioned, the posted one (below) is from DVE. And of all the SMPTE patterns I use and have used from various other sources, this one is the worse....why because all the line groups touch another line group (only the second from the top/right is almost not touching another line group). None of the lines should touch another line, because when the lines touch it creates an overall distortion in the center pattern group.

Taking this morning on my screen, and the focus is not the best.
racerxnet

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is some of the latest. Take a gander at this craftsmanship.. $1000.00 bucks for that crap. Good grief!

IMG_1254.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  139.33 KB
 Viewed:  9087 Time(s)

IMG_1254.JPG

IMG_1253.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  144.85 KB

IMG_1253.JPG

IMG_1252.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  154.14 KB

IMG_1252.JPG

mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

racerxnet wrote:
Here is some of the latest. Take a gander at this craftsmanship.. $1000.00 bucks for that crap. Good grief!

That's not exactly the latest, but it does have the latest potting material I now use. Which by the way is not bad, considering the black stuff I used to use. And for that cost, there were more boards involved than what you're showing.

Oh, and I did notice as it looks like a tiny SMD resistor on the board. Not sure why that's there as much as I brush and clean the boards. It's otherwise harmless though, but with you listing these For Sale, you should be getting a few hits soon. And I'm sure that should make you happy, being able to get these boards off your hands. I have a few folk I'm waiting to hear back from that I'll be asking to pick them up.

You're kinda late to the party and that's why this looks so strange to you, but potting material is something I've been using for a very long time. A really upgraded board would have much more than what you're showing there. I had forgot to originally pot your boards, so I made up for it this last time.
jbmeyer13

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like the ectoplasm from Ghostbusters. Somewhere Bill Murray is saying "I've been slimed" Laughing

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbmeyer13 wrote:
That looks like the ectoplasm from Ghostbusters. Somewhere Bill Murray is saying "I've been slimed" Laughing

I/4 pounder with cheese. That potting has a real technical reason for it! Maybe add a little more just in case.

MAK
jbltecnicspro

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the purpose of the potting exactly? To prevent the user from accessing certain pots (so they don't screw it up?) Keep people from seeing components that you use in your modifications? Both? None of the above? Very Happy
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

racerxnet wrote:
mp20748 wrote:
digitalayon wrote:

Your boards are been used in the "screenshot" thread. But can easily do what's shown here, but would need to be tweaked instead of just plopped in the set.

They are still in my projector, I'll tune them in better this weekend and let you know when I am posting the shots

LOL. I'll bet those shots will be dialed in!

MAK

His boards are like my personal set. If he would have got the boards very early on, he would have missed out on the later changes, because there were several significant improvements made since then. And because he worked with me through some things and being aware of my ongoing attempts to tackle a few problems as well as, make these better. He even at times told me to hold onto them longer. And because of that he basically has what I have myself.

Not much I could do to the colors (because I'm still swapping boards) but did touch up on the focus some to give an idea of their resolving power. Thanks for reminding me to post on this:

mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I had one other person I was waiting on for the free upgrade. They would have the later mini board, that has the single chip on the mini board (not the three 8 pin SOIC's). This is the version I would be improving on at no cost. And one previous customer that was considering changing tubes that wanted to purchase an upgrade earlier this year. That is the person I've been holding the only other mini board I have. They called this week. They had left a 02 VIM with me for this already. I suggested they do it right around the time they re-tube.

So the free upgrade would have the mini board with the single chip on it. The one with the three 8 SOIC would also require a new mini board upgrade with the single chip, but that one I'll not be able to upgrade being out of mini boards altogether. I'm not making anymore mini boards and was holding that one board I have for the person that called the other day.

So at this time, I would consider all the free upgrades to be done. And definitely still no new mods as no parts are available to do so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13
Jump to: