Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

 
Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

JVC DLA RS-xxxx recomendation
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
WanMan



Joined: 19 Mar 2006
Posts: 10261



PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


        Register to remove this ad. It's free!
FYI, I am still using my RS20 on a 10' wide 2.35 AT screen and love it. While I have flirted with buying the newest entry level DLA-RS model I cannot help but continue to acknowledge my ignorance is providing me bliss. And I am still on the original lamp.

_________________
Trust no one. Absolutely no one. Advice of the board.
Back to top
nettwerkjohn



Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 887
Location: Nelson, sunshine capital of New Zealand


PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine came with a spare lamp and 4 sets of 3d glasses...

I agonised over the lack of uhd support, but figured it'd be years before there was enough software. And, when I bought the x900 the uhd special hadn't even been finalised. Truth of the matter is that at 1080 p from bluray, I dont feel like I'm missing anything.
Back to top
View user's photo album (1 photos)
jask



Joined: 17 Mar 2006
Posts: 8830
Location: kamloops BC


PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nettwerkjohn wrote:
I'm super happy with the x900. Eshift, but non hdcp compliant so uhd doesn't work. It was heavily discounted, just before the arrival of the hdcp compliant model (9000?) that cost more than double. picture is stunning. Smooth and detailed, I'm very happy. I just run mine on low power with the auto iris. Screen is 10 foot wide and is plenty bright, even on 3d. Maybe one day I'll investigate cih.


If you have a burning desire for UHD have a look at the HDFury integral https://www.hdfury.com/shop/splitters/integral-4k60-444-600mhz/
Back to top
View user's photo album (4 photos)
Spanky Ham



Joined: 22 Mar 2006
Posts: 5634
Location: Comedy Central


PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't sweat it.
Back to top
cmjohnson



Joined: 03 Apr 2006
Posts: 5180
Location: Buried under G90s


PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get one of those cheap UHD splitters that just so happens to remove HDCP even in version 2.2 firmware.
Back to top
Pzyked



Joined: 02 Apr 2017
Posts: 30
Location: Sweden


PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my Rs520 before the weekend and I have to say I like it very much. Also the black is better than my old CRT, so am very happy. And UHD with HDR also works fine.

Heavy recommendation from me on this JVC.
But I guess not big difference on the older models.
Back to top
jbltecnicspro



Joined: 23 Apr 2016
Posts: 494



PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzyked wrote:
I just got my Rs520 before the weekend and I have to say I like it very much. Also the black is better than my old CRT, so am very happy. And UHD with HDR also works fine.

Heavy recommendation from me on this JVC.
But I guess not big difference on the older models.


Good news. If I had the money, I would definitely get the RS-420 myself.
Back to top
Pzyked



Joined: 02 Apr 2017
Posts: 30
Location: Sweden


PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbltecnicspro wrote:
Pzyked wrote:
I just got my Rs520 before the weekend and I have to say I like it very much. Also the black is better than my old CRT, so am very happy. And UHD with HDR also works fine.

Heavy recommendation from me on this JVC.
But I guess not big difference on the older models.


Good news. If I had the money, I would definitely get the RS-420 myself.


Just remember that there is a big difference in visible contrast between JVC 420 and JVC 520 because of the dual iris.
Back to top
jbltecnicspro



Joined: 23 Apr 2016
Posts: 494



PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzyked wrote:
jbltecnicspro wrote:
Pzyked wrote:
I just got my Rs520 before the weekend and I have to say I like it very much. Also the black is better than my old CRT, so am very happy. And UHD with HDR also works fine.

Heavy recommendation from me on this JVC.
But I guess not big difference on the older models.


Good news. If I had the money, I would definitely get the RS-420 myself.


Just remember that there is a big difference in visible contrast between JVC 420 and JVC 520 because of the dual iris.


Fair enough, but it probably won't mean anything in my basement. 40,000:1 native contrast is plenty, right up there with a good CRT.

EDIT: And with these models, JVC finally fixed their Achilles's heal - input lag. Smile
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum