Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Vizio M421VT LEd tv won't store custom pic adjustments

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silv55

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:02 am    Post subject: Vizio M421VT LEd tv won't store custom pic adjustments Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi guys;my Vizio M421VT LED,i can adjust custom backlight by turning off Ambient light sensor, and Smart Dimming, but i came to find out when turning off tv and next time i turn it on all settings go back to factory default,i want to keep it at 40 on back light but no avail,anybody knows why the tv doesn't store custom settings?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vizios are known for bad main boards (CPU board). Not worth repairing, unless you want to risk buying a used board on eBay, but check old posts here re Vizio. One guy bought a new motherboard (used on eBay), only to have it die 6 weeks later. That's your call though. I'd use it as is.
silv55

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
Vizios are known for bad main boards (CPU board). Not worth repairing, unless you want to risk buying a used board on eBay, but check old posts here re Vizio. One guy bought a new motherboard (used on eBay), only to have it die 6 weeks later. That's your call though. I'd use it as is.

Hi Cur Palmer appreciate your input; i don't think main board is bad, may be the Eprom? cause tv works great,the only flaw that i can find is the pic custom settings do not store after you turn off tv for some time and turn it back on again, every thing else it stores, antenna channels and settings,input name, well i was trying to turn down the back- light settings to 40 from the 85, for extend life of the leds,that's the only reason cause the back-light default pic with 85 is outstanding.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be right, but since Vizio isn't really sold here in Canada much, it's not something I can assist with further. If you do figure it out, let us know, but every post I've seen here on Vizios ends up being a bad motherboard.
silv55

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI guys; this time i have good news for now, update on my Vizio M421vt custom pic adjustments issue. Well today after doing again the factory default and complete installation in home mode and configurations, i went in the pic adjustments and adjusted custom pic settings to my liking and instead of turning off TV with remote control,(which is not the original for this model) i turned off TV on the TV control panel and a few hours later i turned TV on with remote and my custom settings were all there,already tried two times and all good,don't know if powering off tv on the tv control have anything to do with it,yet to be seen,maybe i have to turn off tv on the tv,keep my fingers crossed.
Ron W

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
You may be right, but since Vizio isn't really sold here in Canada much, it's not something I can assist with further. If you do figure it out, let us know, but every post I've seen here on Vizios ends up being a bad motherboard.

FYI, Costco and Best Buy.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. Definitely Costco. Was there yesterday looking at LCD tvs and Vizio was one of the bargain brands I was staying away from. Wink

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Ron W

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
Yup. Definitely Costco. Was there yesterday looking at LCD tvs and Vizio was one of the bargain brands I was staying away from. Wink

Kal

I have seen good reviews on their P Series and Signature series monitors, however, since they recently sold out to Hisense,
I guess, going forward, who knows?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly, reviews tell you nothing about long term reliability. As an installer, I care far more about reliability than about whether one set has slightly better color rendition than another.

I generally recommend LG and Samsung only, or Panasonic if you can afford it. Sony has had a lot of LCD screen issues, and the weak link now if not an LCD screen failure are the LED lights that can short out and then shut down the power supply. 60K hour lifespan on an LED.. my ASCII!
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
Frankly, reviews tell you nothing about long term reliability.

+1.

We're shopping for a new family room TV as the existing one's going into a different room. Considering that the time I spend in front of this family room TV is usually spent after dinner with my eyelids closed, I'm not overly fussy about the image quality. Wink I just want it to last.

Kal

AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
Curt Palme wrote:
Frankly, reviews tell you nothing about long term reliability.

+1.

We're shopping for a new family room TV as the existing one's going into a different room. Considering that the time I spend in front of this family room TV is usually spent after dinner with my eyelids closed, I'm not overly fussy about the image quality. Wink I just want it to last.

Kal

Then buy it and re-cap it right away.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink

I'll do that a few years down the road... I've got one 10+ year old computer still going strong after a recapping and a 20+ year old panamax power bar that I've already recapped twice!

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: