Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

G90 setup with Moome V2 HDMI full HD intput card, SOLVED.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:33 am    Post subject: G90 setup with Moome V2 HDMI full HD intput card, SOLVED. Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Ok, I've reached the point with my new (to me) G90 that I'm ready to connect a blu-ray player to the Moome HDMI full HD V2 (non-3D) input card.

Blu-ray player is an older Sony model. It does allow 24FPS output and allows the output over HDMI to be set to RGB 0-255 or 15-240 or to be set to component. YpRbR, or whatever it is.

So please tell me how to set this up to work properly with the G90. I don't have the Moome manual as I didn't get that with this projector, and I have tried (obviously not!) everything in the G90's menus even in service mode.

I know it can be done and I would probably find it eventually, but I'm hoping someone will save me the time spent trying combinations until I find the right one.

Where I'm at now is I can either get a black and white picture or I can get a picture that is all green or all magenta. Which is just what you should get when either the PJ or the source is set to component and the other is set to RGB.

Last edited by cmjohnson on Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the moome card with one HDMI and one component or two HDMI inputs?

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it has two HDMI inputs. It's the version just before the 3D compatible version.

I did find the 3D version's manual online. I went through the settings and almost got it but not quite,
so I'm going to try a different player on the off chance that the player has a bad HDMI port. The image just always
seems to be missing all blue channel information.

Both HDMI ports on the Moome card behave the same, so I tend to believe it's not a Moome card problem.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set the player to 24fps off. HDMI either RGB 0-255 then you need to get the Moome card set to the same. If that doesn't work try 15-235 and set the Moome card the same. Also try unplugging the HDMI cable and plugging it back in. I remember having to do that on one of these cards.

Oh yeah and try switching inputs with the selector switch on the card.

CRT.

HD done right!
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All those things are done. Still not getting any blue so I'm going to swap out players. That particular player was given to me for free, maybe that's why it was free?

It's a Sony BDP-S300, a first generation unit. Actually I have two of them. I later moved on to a BDP-S470 which although of very cheap construction is much quicker to boot up and load a disc.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, I also have two SONY BDP-S300's

CRT.

HD done right!
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the S470 player which is known to be working perfectly and has more output options.

Still the same. Oddly, some WHITE objects do display as white, but any other color always appears as either a shade of green or a shade of pink-magenta.

There IS a picture on the blue tube.

Is it possible that my HDMI cable could be bad but still deliver a picture?

I have a few more tests to make. One of which is to hook up my D810 via its HDMI cable to the HDMI port and see if THAT works,
playing video from the camera.

At that point the only common thread will be the card.

I think I should probably reseat the card. Maybe that's all it is.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem solved. Changed the output of the player to 4:2:2 YcRbR from 4:4:4.

Oddly, switching the output to RGB did NOT help.

Since I don't have the correct manual for this 2010 version Moome card, I'm kind of limited on my knowledge of its capabilities.

Will it do 4:4:4?

I do have a Moome remote. It's for my Marquee HDMI 1.3 card. is it fully compatible with the Sony version HDMI card?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: