Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

FREE Nec 10PG

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drew Packard

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: FREE Nec 10PG Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hey guys, I have a 10PG free to anyone who wants to come pick it up. The crts have around 1000 hrs with no burn. GT17 lenses. It was turned into a pg plus with focus coil mods and boards from plus....
Anyway, I'm in Monroe,Wa....
Best way to reach me is text or call 425-359-7629

Drew
Drew Packard

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A local guy came and picked this up......
Drew Packard

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A local guy came and picked this up......
brian.pflugrad

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way I got this working pretty well and it's AMAZING!
Thanks again!
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad that this wasn't really close to me! I have a tendency to "collect" projectors.

I'm going to be a charter member of CRT Projectors Anonymous!
Zolzar

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear this projector is working well. I picked up a 10PG for free about 4 years ago with less that 1K hours on it. So far I have 1800 hours on it! I'm pretty sure they chasiss will die before the tubes. It was bundled with a Rock, and Rock Pro. I wound up losing both of them and went with a Lumagen. I recapped the unit and put it to work. My wife and i love it! The baby loves it too! Color Color Color! It replaced my M8500 which is currently mothballed until the PG gives up the ghost. So far the only issue I have had, other than a recap mistake, is the point board failing. Fortunately I found one on eBay for cheap and recapped it. So far so good.

This is my 5th and final CRT projector! ........well......maybe......
brian.pflugrad

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point board has failed. Going to try and recap it but I think I need a new one.
Zolzar

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point board was recapped but still failed. It took me a while to find a replacement too.
deronmoped

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really don't need a point board, just do a good set up and you will find the convergence is good with out point.
Zolzar

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct. But if you want absolutely perfect convergence the point board will help.
hansilili

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian.pflugrad wrote:
My point board has failed. Going to try and recap it but I think I need a new one.

mine too, again

CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one point board here, PWC 3718. It was working when I put it away, not sure at this point. $25 plus shipping if anyone wants it.
brian.pflugrad

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
I have one point board here, PWC 3718. It was working when I put it away, not sure at this point. $25 plus shipping if anyone wants it.

I'd love to buy that, can we PM/email details?

Unfortunately today when I turned the projector on something else is wrong. No on screen display buttons are responding from the remote, there must be a problem with the system board. It will process video, but it is very dim and no longer converged. The only bright lines it is showing are at the top of the image (bottom of the tube). I guess my next step is to replace all the capacitors in the entire machine and hope that fixes it. :(

Thinking about the problem some more it seems that the board that stores the signal profiles isn't working. What it is showing is very similar to when it says "unregistered signal". However the entire on screen display is compressed into that one line at the top of the image and I can't get the remote to interact at all beyond the on and off buttons. Even the R, G, and B buttons no longer do anything...

Really quite sad about this. I was really enjoying watching my laserdiscs on this projector.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian, trust me, don't put any time into the PG projector. Either upgrade to an XG (I've got a few left at $500 USD each), or go full bore to a 9" set. THe XG is a bit step over the PG, and doesn't suffer from the capacitor problems that the PGs do.

Email me at curtpalme at shaw.ca

Thanks!
garyfritz

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
THe XG is a bit step over the PG, and doesn't suffer from the capacitor problems that the PGs do.

It doesn't !? Howcome? It still has electrolytics, and they still get old...
gregstv

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capacitors got better over the years. Big difference between the ones in the PG and the XG. Also better temperature handling over a longer period of time
garyfritz

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember right, I had to re-cap a few in my XG852, and that was 10 years ago....
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garyfritz wrote:
If I remember right, I had to re-cap a few in my XG852, and that was 10 years ago....

What is interesting is that the old Marquees were also equipped with Rubycon caps (like the NEC, although different types) and there is near zero Marquee cap leak report.

View user's photo album (1 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: