Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Sony G-70 Video Cable

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dwbartlettjr

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Sony G-70 Video Cable Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi all,

I have been reading these groups for years, but I never post anything. Everything I have ever wondered I have been able to find out by reading or speaking with Curt. But, I am now in need of some parts. I have one G-70 that I need the cables connecting to the neck boards. It's the one that has the long prongs that connect the neck boards and it has two of them per neck board. Also, if anyone has a good set of tubes, I am defiantly interested.

Thanks,
David Bartlett
jbltecnicspro

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you need cables for all of the neck boards? Do you have tubes for the G70 already? If so - how many hours do they have on it, and how worn are they?
dwbartlettjr

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, for the delay. Yes, I need all the cables for the neck boards. The ones I have the ends got torn off & when I spoke to Curt about them, he said there was no way to repair them. That they would have to be replaces. The tubes in the one projector with the messed up cables, the green tube has a burn in. It needs to be replaced eventually. I just want to have a spare set or two of them around. I want to keep both of the machines up and running for as long as possible.
djmeier61

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dwbartlettjr wrote:
Sorry, for the delay. Yes, I need all the cables for the neck boards. The ones I have the ends got torn off & when I spoke to Curt about them, he said there was no way to repair them. That they would have to be replaces. The tubes in the one projector with the messed up cables, the green tube has a burn in. It needs to be replaced eventually. I just want to have a spare set or two of them around. I want to keep both of the machines up and running for as long as possible.

Where are you located? I have a G70 sitting in a back room unused...
jbltecnicspro

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dwbartlettjr wrote:

Okay, so let me get this straight:

You have two Sony G70's. One of which has some messed up cables that attach to the neck boards (by the way - which ones - the ones that go to the RGB board? Or the ones that go to the bottom of the chassis?). Do you have two screens? If not, then I wouldn't worry about keeping both sets operable. Just concentrate on getting one of them working.

I was given two of these projectors - one that was working and one that is not. They're now both not working. Both of them have a bad PA board. One of those PA boards I sent to Curt to get fixed.

Most boards are interchangeable except for the PA board and the E board (I think?). The PA board is calibrated to the set, though I have read somewhere that PA boards from the same model series can be interchanged without issue. If I were you, and you don't need two operating systems, then I would take the best tubes you have from the two and assemble a working projector and go from there. It's what I've done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: