Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

I must be the biggest dumbarse on here. CPC question.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
listenlounge

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject: I must be the biggest dumbarse on here. CPC question. Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi peoples.
I picked up a new ultra chassis from curt recently. I put a new set of tubes in it and set it all up. Am following Bill Blues guide and have the physical projector set up millimetre perfect, all toed in, etc etc.

But I'll be buggered if I can get my 2 pole magnets set up right.

I'm a degree qualified scientist, I understand the vectoring force applied by the rings, I understand electron lenses, I know what I need to do.

I just can't seem to get it together

Can anyone point me to an idiots guide to sorting it?

Or.... Does anyone know what Graham's handle is on here? We live a few hours from each other in Australia. Maybe he wants a drive....
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Put up some pictures of the dots, with contrast high and at both extremes of PIC 4 focus, so we can see what is going on.

Also, have a look here, specifically where it says Flare Yoke:

http://www.etechvideo.com/techtip9.htm
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found that there is a lot of interaction between the CPC rings' flare function and the centering function on the Marquee focus yokes. For that reason I prefer to use a special alignment process.

1: Remove the CPC rings altogether. (This is temporary.)
2: Disconnect the plugs going to the focus yoke. This includes disconnecting the astig plug as well.

3: Center the raster with the raster centering mechanical adjustments on the focus yoke. Find where this is by seeing what the
limits of travel are, in all directions, and put the raster in the center of those adjustments then lock down the screws.

4: Reinstall the CPC rings and adjust flare for best centering and shape. Then follow up with astig and triangularity CPC alignments, if you have them on your rings. You do want the rings that have those features.

If it's not working right, there's a possibility that you have a bad CPC ring. Its magnetic field may have been altered by getting it
too close to a strong magnet such as a focus yoke. If you care to investigate this possibility, obtain a magnetic field viewer sheet off ebay for a few dollars and then you can take apart the CPC rings and see the magnetization patterns on them. I do this to weed out bad ones.

5: Reconnect the focus coil, and set electrical focus. Reconnect the electronic astig coil, and set electronic astig.

Of course you will have to power down the projector when removing the neck card so you can remove and reinstall the CPC ring set. While this should go without saying, I'm saying it anyway because it doesn't hurt to remind people of the obvious. There MAY be somebody out there reading this who is so new to CRT projectors that they DON'T know that, and need to know it.

It's all a matter of mechanical setup first, and when it's right, electrical adjustments should be minimal.
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys

Pictures please, so we know what's going on.
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

We are completely unable to help you until we see some Pictures.
listenlounge

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tim
Sorry for the slow reply. The interwebs have been on a go slow here. I have no wired connection and data was in short supply.
I shall post pics shortly, and detailed info on what I've done so far.
I've contacted graham Johnston as well to see if he wants a job...

Will reply soon
Thx
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He speaks!

We thought you got hit by a bus last week!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: