Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Golf Simulator

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil Smith

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: Golf Simulator Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
A friend of mine wants to set up a home golf simulator. The computer to run it requirements are: http://csc.protee-united.com/hc/en-us/articles/216279178-Installing-The-Golf-Club-Simulator

Recommended:
Processor: Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVidia GTX 970
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 20 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible

This is all the computer will be used for. Any suggestions on parts? The cheaper the better.

PS: My main concern is the MB. The NVidia GTX 970 is a dual slot GC. I'm not a gamer so I have experience with dual slot cards. What are the MB requirements to use this card? What's a cheap MB options?

Thanks!
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Internet connection for multiplayer? BTW, would it really be wise to buy a 970 instead of a 1060?

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wan, yes it has internet play, but my friend wants it mainly as a training tool. Apparently it's really accurate at reading and analyzing your swing.

My friend is already an excellent golfer, and at 70, I don't know how much better he thinks he can get. It will probably cost him about $6K. Hopefully it will be worth it.

Your comment about the GC made me realize that's probably an old list. I told him to call the manufacturer and get some up to date recommendations.
jbltecnicspro

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to bump this but is your friend using a CRT projector? That's the only reason you'd consider the 970 over the 1060 - the 970 still has analog out. None of the newer gpu's will have analog output. EDIT - and for an equivalent you'd be looking at a 980 or a 980ti (for the extra VRAM). Used prices should be reasonable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: