Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

2008-2011 VDC neckcards for lugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greg9518lc

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
gregstv wrote:
I am running 1080p@48. The DVDO wont do 72hz without a lot of mucking around. I always have thought that pushing the scalar to its limits would affect the picture quality. Am I wrong in thinking this?

Greg this link is a good read with lots of testing results for your setup the Calibre vantage was the best for
RGBHV. Hope this helps you out.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/best-hdmi-to-rgbhv-converters-for-analog-displays.2023323/#post-23486674

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry to report with a heavy heart that I will no longer be supporting MP mods at this time as
it has been a long and troubling road since November. The vim and moome card work great from MP and are
exceptional but the neck cards made for my VDC lug machine in November work but have no gain or sharpness.
I knew at that time I would be receiving the revised versions of neck cards that would work properly in my lug
machine and waited and waited. On May 19th I paid for the new boards and MP sent them out to me only to fail
after 2 day's. I contacted MP and sent them back promptly and at his request wanted me to send a new vim and power
supply to him as he said I needed to have a mod done to the LVPS and he had made changes and I needed a new vim.
Since that time I have not received anything but empty promises and how I am not worthy of his new work. But all the
while the boards are shipping the boards are shipping today or tomorrow or next week and this has not happened. I asked
for a refund and my boards back and still have not received them or a refund. Several times MP has spun it around and
as late as this Monday said my boards were shipping out but did not happen and instead a paying customer gets a email
that I am not worthy(trusted) of his work. I apologize if anyone has experienced any grief these last few months because of my
enthusiasm for the mods.

This can only be turned around by MP if he full fills are agreement by shipping out the new neck cards,power supply and vim
or a refund,power supply, and vim. It is no fun being a hostage by a vendor and something I never want to experience again.

The meet will go on with or without MP. It has been my hope with MP but am prepared to have and incredible image without him.

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra / Super 02 and 03 VIM

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of things posted here that just ate not true. And to start and as is known, he purchased the board set back in November. And as what's already known is that he was very satisfied with the set, but decided in May to upgrade to a better version for the LUG's that just was not available until May. There was no waiting for anything and because they just we're not made available nor promised. The transaction took place when I felt they were ready and that happened. The newer better version once he got them lived up to the expectation but one blew a transistor, that usually would only fail if they were arc damaged. So we moved to replacing them with an comparable version that are the older style. But I instead said I would send him back the set he had. And that is when things got really confusing and went back and forth. To me getting frustrated and so did he. So we decided to call the deal off. Which I really more comfortable doing. To later agree to send them, but right now we are in the middle of rapping up an estate sale, so I said I needed to deal with that and would get the boards out when it was more convenient and if he could not wait. We go back to our original agreement to end this and I would send his refund after the property sale. So now I'm pleased that we have ended this because it has been a troubling time trying to live up to the complex request. I really needed to deal with wrapping up the move and other things and get back to a srnsible agreement. And since that was not an option I'm glad this is over. Trust me when I say it was complicated, snd since I really don't believe exposing things that's as far as I'll go on this.

This estate sale has us deeply and financially spent in both legal and paying for everything property related until this property sales. So the way things are now it frees both of us up to move on, and I will honor our agreement to refund and return what was sent to me
greg9518lc

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike for what started as a free upgrade for boards that did
not work right from the start to me paying money anyways
because I wanted to support you and get the corrected boards
Only after you sent the new ones and they failed after 2 days because
they do not work at 72hz. I did not blow them the new boards hate 72hz
and when you pot boards they overheat and fail. Just ask wolfman
72hz is going for him with no gain. I am guilty of wanting boards that
work and paid good money for them. Since there is no reason to go
To the pm's with all the side stepping a paying customer maybe
we should leave it as a refund and my power supply back and vim.
And by the way I gave you a extra vim to keep. Who is the nice guy now.
Does not sound like someone is trying to rip you off. Just a side note the
original lug boards you make work perfect in a lcp machine and have
not failed. But we know who tested my boards before he installed them
to be assured they would work. I am over your spin tactics.they are
no longer working.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this all should make you glad we're wrapping this up. Though my results are very different, because that same set of boards were the tested set. And by tested, I mean they have been used at very high temperatures and as known, my test bed does not use ventilation for the neck boards, so I get to run them at very high temperatures and at various scan rates even up to the 288mhz that's list on my generator. What I did not test was what would happen after the potting material was added. It was tested for normal operation at various scan rates for a long hour rate, but not without ventilation.

And the reason I did not bother to test after applying the potting material, was because the components on the PC board section do not over-heat or actually get hot. So there was not reason to be concerned about what the potting material could do. Yet I still did a laser temp test, and it passed with flying colors. And I'll even do an non ventilated test sometime in the near future to assure my satisfaction with the temperature part of the testing, because I'm still working on a single board version of this same VDC board, that I will have to document certain test for, and temperature is the main one, because they will be a 24/7 version board. And that's why I have to provide verified testing. So when doing that I use both my Extech Easy View 15 (external probe contact) and my Infrared point and shoot temperature reader.

The VDC boards prove to be the better choice for high temperature use, and that is another reason why I'm going with them for this project. And what I really like about them is once they are installed and properly ventilated, they run very cool to the touch with only slight warmth. Very stable indeed. I'll be freed up by Wednesday to further test my single board, but so far it's living up to expectation. So far the only thing I've found with them is a slight warm-up time is recommended for stable color-balance, but that's the same with any neck board.

The 72hz thing I won't bother to even get into, because I'm working on a board set that will be operating at 104hz. So that testing should start next week. But based on my Chroma, none of the programmed rates created a problem. I've even burnt my green CRT on my test bed to prove this.

Anyway, these boards were originally intended for commercial application, so this works out fine, because that will still be their only target.

And those power transistors are very robust in this design, where each was designed for single output, in this multi-push pull configuration, blowing them from higher signal or gain is not gonna happen. My green CRT on my test bed is proof of that.

Now over the next few weeks I'll get back to testing the full set, and at that time I would be able to say more about them. because they are somewhat different from the single special board, though very basic in design.

Tomorrow the rush will be over and I can get back to life norm. August will be a month to finish testing the boards and that will be my only focus, once I restore things back to where they were.

BTW, the free upgrade as indicated in the email/PM was for the boards that were previously purchased. They were never mentioned as me replacing the first set with the VDC's. I've never offered a free upgrade that would involve me spending an entire day or two to do up a fresh set of boards to replace a set that's already out there working fine and as promised. If that were the case, it definitely would not have been the VDC boards, and that's why they had a price tag on them when they were said to be ready.

August testing - The Mod Factory will be closed and I will not be doing any boards for the entire month. Or this could be the end of my even offering the Mods beyond August.

Oh, I've not heard one thing from Wolfman about his neck boards failing. That is why they were not sent with the VIM to be check out, and they NOT the VDC boards.

greg9518lc

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: This is stock VDC thread Reply with quote

Wonder why your still working on them when they were suppose to be working in May? This is not a sales thread.....

[img][/img]

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not... go back and look at the post. I'm still working on the single board, that is a part of an entirely different and special mod, but shares the same "basic design"

I only plan to test further the finished boards, to see how they live up to the test standards of the single board. But without the test, I already know they would do better than their stock and older version in durability, except their inability to handle "shock exposure"

And concerning a "sales thread" once again, go back and look at the post..
greg9518lc

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pulled out neck cards in 5 different 9500lc and guess what 4 different versions of boards
after testing I can confirm only 1 versions that are quite good for lug machine and the other 3 are
just plain awful. Will be scrapping the other 5 this week in hope of finding more stock boards that
perform like modded boards...... So I ask this question is it not better to start with the best set and
improve those or just grab any set of boards and try to get good results out of them??????????

Received refund on September 7th still waiting on boards thanks MP...............

Last edited by greg9518lc on Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what version did you find is best for LUGs? I would really like to know.
greg9518lc

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my cash refund thanks MP but still waiting on my boards.................................. Must be lost in shipping have
a tracking number???????????

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to box them, but will get on that this weekend.
greg9518lc

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:

Still waiting on boards. Sorry to bother you Mp but you have a tracking number they must have
got lost in the mail....

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greg9518lc wrote:
mp20748 wrote:

Still waiting on boards. Sorry to bother you Mp but you have a tracking number they must have
got lost in the mail....

Not yet, but they are boxed as I mentioned a few days ago I would be getting around to doing.
greg9518lc

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 weeks and this 9518LC will be over hauled with Lord Voldermort neck cards and new glycol and complete
setup. Will be interesting to see the changes. As is very happy with Stock cards Very Happy

Stock neck cards pentax k10d

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:
greg9518lc wrote:
mp20748 wrote:

got lost in the mail....

Not yet, but they are boxed as I mentioned a few days ago I would be getting around to doing.

Did the post office burn to the ground?????

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greg9518lc wrote:
mp20748 wrote:
greg9518lc wrote:
mp20748 wrote:

got lost in the mail....

Did the post office burn to the ground?????

No, it's still there. And I will get around to send it to you. But in the future, you should do what others do, contact the person using other means than an open forum. For some folk, that is received as an insult or you're trying to needlessly expose something that should and would easily be resolved if you could simply use a PM, email or phone. For which, you have the access to all three.

Also, try and imagine how I felt to have opened your power supply and spent slightly over an hour to modify it for you and not charge you a dime, and you then bring this nonsense to the forum, which showed me how ungrateful you were, yet you went on to nag me about sending it to you. Please know that you will get it, and in the future, it would help to honor people just as they have honored you. And during this entire process, you've posted several post to attack me, which had Curt busy deleting your attacks on me. And regardless, you're adamant to go on with your agenda.

I'll get it out to you, but after modifying that power supply for FREE and having to put up with your slandering, attacks and failure to contact me directly has not made me feel too good about sending your parts back...
greg9518lc

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been going on for awhile and pms do not work with you. I am not going to pull the pms out
that has you saying the power supply is done or your are shipping tomorrow. You say whatever
you want to buy more time. For the record going on 5 months I would expect your customer
service to be a little better than that. You ever think to take
25 minutes out of your day and drop them off to the post office. Also you can ship other peoples boards off
but not mine?
See that you delete your pictures on the screenshot thread from today that says boards are done
and shipping them out. So while you are there ship my boards out.

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The deleted pictures said "tomorrow's ship date" which is when I'll be sending your boards out.
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been really busy, and forgot to address a few things. One being the set of neck boards you were suppose to send back to me, after you got the mods from me last year. I waved them on the set of neck boards I changed my mind about, and with that deal no longer existing and you having your refund. That takes us back to me getting my neck boards
greg9518lc

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A happy ending I have 3 matched set of lug neckboards at 200.00 for 3 unmodded. Will do all 9 for 500.00 free shipping
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: