Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Sony VPH1292

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gregstv

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:55 am    Post subject: Sony VPH1292 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi Guys,
Does a 1292 have coloured C-Elements?
Thanks,
Greg
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It CAN. They use the same HD-10 series lenses as most other 9" machines, but I don't think they came stock with colored C elements. Some people put them in later.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmjohnson wrote:
It CAN. They use the same HD-10 series lenses as most other 9" machines, but I don't think they came stock with colored C elements. Some people put them in later.

The 5 I bought all had colored C-elements. Though I think the green was the lighter of the two greens.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually there are three shades of green C element.

There's regular green, G90 light green, and a green which is right in the middle between those two.

Craig R. said that the middle shade green C elements come from 1292s, and they provide a green color point on the chart that's halfway between G90 greeen and fully corrected "Regular" green C element green.

I have one. Only one. Not sure what to do with it. I think I've got it in an LC assembly already and will evaluate its performance just for the fun of it.
gregstv

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its on eBay. I saw it on my phone and I didn't look at all the pictures. It does have Coloured C-Elements. I might bid on it just for the C-Elements and Lens.
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmjohnson wrote:

FWIW, I've never seen a 1292 that didn't have color-filtered C-elements. I'm pretty sure they came that way.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
gregstv

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did All 1292projectors come with HD10F lens? The lens on the one I have only have HD10 written on them.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen Fs on a 1292. But I've never seen a G90 that didn't have Fs.

I did see one 1292 with no colored C elements, but I think they'd been taken out at some point, probably for another projector to use. However, I think that 1292s came standard with a red C element and a "3/4 intensity" green C element, darker than G90 green, not as dark as the standard (Marquee/Barco type) green.
gregstv

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,
I purchased the 1292 for the C Elements. They are in my 919. I have reassembled the 1292 with clear C's and noticed the lens only have HD10 on them. Nothing after the 10. I will try googling the part number.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just the regular, basic HD10 lens. It was the first model HD10. Most AmPro machines had them. I think the regular HD10 was discontinued before too long and the line of lenses grew much larger.

I know of these other models in the HD10 series:

F
E
L *(two variants, which are very different)
GT17
GT26
and all other types are "private label" versions of those. For example a Barco HD300 is a rebadged HD10. But an HFQ-300 is an E with a different label.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: