Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Why not image with 1080p 50Hz?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject: Why not image with 1080p 50Hz? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I'm keeping this one under wraps as a promise to MP. As far as mooded bits go.

BUT. Since I am not being able to show true 1080p@60Hz via newly bought Panasonic DMP BDT460 I must open up a topic to get further. I am lost.

With pushing power on the Pana, I get the famous Bluray symbol on start up, but then the pj kicks it out off sync. NOT ALWAYS. Sometimes I get the menus from the Pana and able to navigate around the menus.

MP told me there is a possibility it could be set for 29Hz, but seeing that it has 49.95Hz showing on the pj It can't be.. ass seen in images provided. (IT had the bluray logo show up but after that kicked out of sync.)

I also had it showing 59,??Hz but no image there either.

Tried many HDMI cables.

Anyone who knows what to do?

free photo upload

Ignore my labeling of the channel as 800p, it has nothing to do with it.

EDIT: The current set up is newly VNB + old MP Vim 03.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found some issues with Marquees not being able to sync up to every scan rate that they SHOULD be able to work with, but work at many other scan rates.

For example, I have one that works at the highest internal scan rate (no. 7 in the internal scan rate selection menu in the source setup section) but it won't work at the next lower scan rate, no. 6 on the list. But it works on every OTHER scan rate in that list.

My suspicion is that somewhere in the system, some component has changed value and when it's switched into the circuit as required for the requested scan rate, it just can't lock up. So it's a weak or failed component somewhere. PROBABLY a capacitor, but I can't guarantee it.

Any horizontal scan rate issues may involve the CLM, DPB, HDM, or HDM daughter board.

Any vertical scan rate issues may involve the CLM, DPB, or VDM.

ANY of these boards could have issues which result in scan failure issues at some scan rates and not others.

Start by reading the service manual, in particular the circuit descriptions for all related ciruits, and the schematics, too.
greg9518lc

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hook your player up to a flat panel and set the video rate in the menu???

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmjohnson wrote:
I've found some issues with Marquees not being able to sync up to every scan rate that they SHOULD be able to work with, but work at many other scan rates.

For example, I have one that works at the highest internal scan rate (no. 7 in the internal scan rate selection menu in the source setup section) but it won't work at the next lower scan rate, no. 6 on the list. But it works on every OTHER scan rate in that list.

My suspicion is that somewhere in the system, some component has changed value and when it's switched into the circuit as required for the requested scan rate, it just can't lock up. So it's a weak or failed component somewhere. PROBABLY a capacitor, but I can't guarantee it.

Any horizontal scan rate issues may involve the CLM, DPB, HDM, or HDM daughter board.

Any vertical scan rate issues may involve the CLM, DPB, or VDM.

ANY of these boards could have issues which result in scan failure issues at some scan rates and not others.

Start by reading the service manual, in particular the circuit descriptions for all related ciruits, and the schematics, too.

Great advice to read about.

At one point I got the internal menus saying this "Sync?"

Anyways, I tried the Pana once more, and sure enough there's the bluray upstart logo, but then past that the pj kicks into NO V-SYNC.

I do have the PS4 left with me as I kept it. And with that one I was able to get an image at least, no real video as of yet, because that require internet connection to activate the bluray feature..

I'll test some more with the advice given to me, not all will be feasible for me to do. I don't know enough, but thanks all the same.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen that before. In my case, it was because my blu-ray player was defaulting to 1080p-24 but it didn't switch to that mode until I attempted to actually play a movie. The menu screens run at 1080p-60. So I had to change the default settings so it would play at 1080p-60 instead of -24.
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys

50 hz may sync up but might not be much fun; the flicker could be very annoying. Better to fix the sync problem and get 60hz running. Folks were amazed at how sharp 48hz looked a while back, but few people stuck with it.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense. If you can slow down the scan rate, it reduces the video bandwidth needed for the image. So if the video amps are being pushed to the limit at a 60 Hz refresh rate at 1080p, then dropping to a 48 Hz refresh rate drops video bandwidth requirements by 20 percent. If the video amplifiers were at the limit before, they'll be performing beautifully at the lower refresh rate.

It's exactly for this reason that I advocate using no higher a refresh rate than you NEED to not see annoying flicker. Once you have a high enough refresh rate to suit you, go no higher. You'll get the best picture possible that way.

Simply upping the refresh rate because you are able to do so is NOT going to improve picture sharpness. Quite the contrary, it can make matters worse.
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right CM

Worse if you have P43 green; the flicker at 50hz will give you seizures!
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks you all.

Just to be sure, I am running my old vim 03 + modded moome v3 + 2008 HDM + 2008 HVPL and 2010 back plane. And have done so throughout the testing of at least this topic.

I can switch quite a few part between the two, and for starters I will make it fully 2010, by changing the HVPS + LVPS.

Then, probably buy a router, and then hook up PS4 to internet to activate the bluray section.

Sometimes I am lucky and able to navigate in the menus and trying my best to set it to 1080@60Hz, and to be absolute sure that is the right running mode.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a regular computer monitor with an HDMI connection?

I bet you do.

Connect that to your PS4 and use that to reset the PS4's resolution settings to what you want to use.

Then reconnect the projector to the PS4.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried that but I never got an image with the monitor. I believe it's rare that monitors can use PS like that. This is an old HP2335 so I wasn't surprised at all that it didn't work. Flipped thru all the input channels, but no. Another CLM I could try, as you suggested, easy enough swap. Back at it later
mp20748

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra / Super 02 and 03 VIM

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the Blu Ray player to your local media store and ask them to set it up for 1080P 60hz output. Or anyone else with an HDMI computer monitor.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made it work by not pushing a particular button in the menu. It's the one that determines what setting I should have for the second HDMI output. If I do I get kicked out of sync.

I had is set to 1080p yesterday and now watching 60Hz. But, I have made no effort to make it 60Hz, that happened on its own. For a while there I thought I bought a sh*t machine that does only 50Hz. It says nowhere that i does 60Hz. But it do.

So, now we can move on with the other testing you had in mind MP. We carry on off line just like before.

I hope it wasn't a lucky thing it miraculasy works for me. But the 60Hz flicker is annoying. Ones 72Hz always 72Hz.

Its soccer finals tonight so might not be available at all times.

Thanks everyone!

(Now I also need timings for 1080P a lot of if image is hidden).

gifs upload
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say right now, with the modded moome V3 + VIM 03, is that the image shivers, it has that typical look of being zick-zaggie that the Marquee 2010 are so well known for. A side topic for now.
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewolfman wrote:
All I can say right now, with the modded moome V3 + VIM 03, is that the image shivers, it has that typical look of being zick-zaggie that the Marquee 2010 are so well known for. A side topic for now.

What source are you using....did you get the Blu Ray configured....are you back to the HTPC??
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:
thewolfman wrote:

What source are you using....did you get the Blu Ray configured....are you back to the HTPC??

I'm using the Pana as a source. With your VIM 03.. I changed it now to the newly bought VIM 02, and now there's no sync.

Tried changing the CLM for an 2008 and that made no change either, other than softer internal menus.

Yes, the bluray is config for 1080p. It never says 1080p at 50 or 60hz, just 1080p. That is what I picked.
barclay66

TV/Projector: Marquee 9500 Ultra

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Can You make a picture of the Moome card and its jumper settings? Maybe something's wrong there regarding sync type and polarity...

Regards,
barclay66
View user's photo album (25 photos)
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you have it configured for 1080P 60hz yourself or did someone else do it?

When I said 1080P 60hz, that meant the Blu Ray would need to have 24P TURNED OFF or disabled.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:
Did you have it configured for 1080P 60hz yourself or did someone else do it?

When I said 1080P 60hz, that meant the Blu Ray would need to have 24P TURNED OFF or disabled.

I choose "1080p" as there was no other choice that made sense. I have found no 24Hz turn off.

Well, I put back the vim 03 again and now what worked 10 minuts ago is a no go. Wont work.

I will take the pix of the moome card as Barcly asked for. Maybe there is something there.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The moome jumper settings.

I went back to Vim 03 and now on start up it get me the bluray logo and while that happens I pressed * on the remote and saw that it wants to show 50Hz. Then the image went away. So it struggles between 50 and 60Hz.

We know now that 60Hz is what makes the image stick, but getting it to show that is another matter. When I get the bloody thing to show menus again, I will look for the 24Hz turn off. If there is one.

image hosting over 10mb

image hosting 30 mb

gif upload
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: