Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Marquee 8500 Ghosting
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
There's a service bulletin for Marquees that are unable to display both edges of the picture at the same time.

It's here on Curt's site somewhere.

It requires some CLM modifications.
racerxnet

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing the timings with CRU has worked out well. All blanking is at zero and had been checked. This small utility for HTPC's saves a lot of hassle. The banding is almost non existing and the ringing gone. Time to take a breather and watch some movies.

Thanks,

Mak
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmjohnson wrote:
There's a service bulletin for Marquees that are unable to display both edges of the picture at the same time.

It's here on Curt's site somewhere.

It requires some CLM modifications.

Aha, so that's reason I am always missing 1 inch on each side. I'm good with it but wouldn't mind doing a bit soldering if its not to intricate.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here:

http://www.xymox1.com/Projector/SupportBullitens/Support.htm

Top of the 1995 bulletins list to the left of the screen, left/right sides of image not displaying correctly..
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmjohnson wrote:
Here:

Top of the 1995 bulletins list to the left of the screen, left/right sides of image not displaying correctly..

Cool, thanks. But since I have a newly 2010 do I still need to do these mods? I read it but to juiced up.
racerxnet

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewolfman wrote:
cmjohnson wrote:
Here:

Cool, thanks. But since I have a newly 2010 do I still need to do these mods? I read it but to juiced up.

Are you using a HTPC or CE device?
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

racerxnet wrote:
thewolfman wrote:
cmjohnson wrote:
Here:

If you are asking me, then yes, I use a PC at 800p@72Hz.

But today my PS4 came to the post office.. but 10 minutes late to bail it out. It will have to wait until tomorrow to run pure 1080p@60Hz. But PS4 is basically another PC so not gaining in video performance I guess. Gaming is a bonus though. I only have Baraka on real blu-ray but should be fun none the less.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think that just because you have a 2010 build date machine, that it has all the mods and upgrades performed on it.

VDC didn't even choose to go with the 03P version VIMs, they went with the more common and lower cost to manufacture 02Ps,
and essentially selected the most reliable board versions which met customer requirements. So, yes, in some cases, you will find
that your very recent build machine could stand to benefit from performing the procedures described in the service bulletins.

All of VDC's decisions relating to the Marquee line were driven by the needs of the customers who bought all their projectors, which
were major corporations engaged in the simulation industry. Boeing, L3, etc... They didn't try to create the ultimate Marquee, they just made solid, reliable ones that meet the requirements of the simulation industry.

It would have been awesome if VDC had gone on a major product improvement plan as soon as they acquired the line from Christie Digital back in November 2001. The list of upgrades they could have done would have been quite long. Put in the proper magnetics systems and adapt the driver boards to run with them. Video path improvements like what MP does, only at the manufacturing level. Updated CLM technology, and a much updated ACON system.

It's kind of strange to think about it, but VDC made Marquees longer than Electrohome and Christie combined.
racerxnet

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewolfman wrote:
racerxnet wrote:
thewolfman wrote:
cmjohnson wrote:
Here:

But today my PS4 came to the post office.. but 10 minutes late to bail it out. It will have to wait until tomorrow to run pure 1080p@60Hz. But PS4 is basically another PC so not gaining in video performance I guess. Gaming is a bonus though. I only have Baraka on real blu-ray but should be fun none the less.

You are correct on the PS4 being a computer. I like the fact that as the GPU power advances, we can swap out the part for greater performance on a HTPC. With your PC and CRU, you can set the EDID and timings to bring your edges back into view. It took about 15 minutes of testing. The CRT timings already present worked fine. Not sure why you use 800p and scale Blueray. I bet the 1:1 pixel mapping will look better.

http://www.monitortests.com/forum/thread-custom-resolution-utility-cru

MAK
racerxnet

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfman,

About 90% of my ripped movies are Standard definition. I have bought some Bluerays, and several looked no better than the regular disk. Like my audio system, crap in equals crap out. City Slickers comes to mind that looked just horrible. Others look very good scaled to 1080p.

Mak
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

racerxnet wrote:
thewolfman wrote:
racerxnet wrote:
thewolfman wrote:
cmjohnson wrote:
Here:

You are correct on the PS4 being a computer. I like the fact that as the GPU power advances, we can swap out the part for greater performance on a HTPC. With your PC and CRU, you can set the EDID and timings to bring your edges back into view. It took about 15 minutes of testing. The CRT timings already present worked fine. Not sure why you use 800p and scale Blueray. I bet the 1:1 pixel mapping will look better.

http://www.monitortests.com/forum/thread-custom-resolution-utility-cru

MAK

No you teach me. I never learned about it fully.

But ordering the PS4 was a let down. I wont be gaining me much.. its just another PC really.

But send me an e-mail and I will show you even more difficulties. Very Happy
racerxnet

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfman,

I sent you a PM regarding CRU. I forgot to mention that I selected 1080I then select edit. The drop down box will show 4 different timings. Uncheck interlacing. From there its really easy to get your CRT to scale 16:9 properly on the screen from the PC.

MAk
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: