Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Meet/Gjaky/Marqueeboard thread!!!!!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greg9518lc

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Andreas21 wrote:
GREG1292 wrote:
Andreas lets see I don't blame the camera just my Hand held skills and I pmd your buddy and told him it was out of focus
but I do not air that on a public forum have a nice day. Thats why I posted it lol.

Here is the JB picture you think so highly of, still looks like sh*t to me... Thumbs Up

The blue tint on your CRT is not supposed to be there, the yellow tint on the JVC is there by the Directors and DOPīs intention. Google yellow tint Spectre and find out your self.

Thanks I hope mine will get better lol. Which it will be. I make sure that chair is 3 ft from the screen so you can enjoy the JVC.

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greg9518lc wrote:
Andreas21 wrote:
GREG1292 wrote:
Andreas lets see I don't blame the camera just my Hand held skills and I pmd your buddy and told him it was out of focus
but I do not air that on a public forum have a nice day. Thats why I posted it lol.

Here is the JB picture you think so highly of, still looks like sh*t to me... Thumbs Up

The blue tint on your CRT is not supposed to be there, the yellow tint on the JVC is there by the Directors and DOPīs intention. Google yellow tint Spectre and find out your self.

Thanks I hope mine will get better lol. Which it will be. I make sure that chair is 3 ft from the screen so you can enjoy the JVC.

Of corse it will, I have heard this many times from you guys. You only post the sh*tty pictures to make us "digital" guys (what is actually a digital guy??) fall for the bait and think your CRT looks this bad when it actually looks like the holy grail of the projector world. If I had that I would try to make it look like that when I posted thousands of pictures on the internet. I have not seen that in person or on a stupid screenshot yet and I never will. Because no such CRT projector exists and never will.

Period! Very Happy

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore him Greg. This is his typical way of trying to get around things. He tries and brings up pics and words that have nothing to do with the conversation. He is full of sh*t. Wagging the dog.
greg9518lc

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now now. I actually prefer the other shot I posted on Avf lol and you no nothing about my crt and what will be shown at the meet So save your hot breath you have an inferior picture so deal with it. Since your not coming to the meet start your own thread and do us all a favor and tell someone that cares.

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pcheadaches wrote:
Ignore him Greg. This is his typical way of trying to get around things. He tries and brings up pics and words that have nothing to do with the conversation. He is full of sh*t. Wagging the dog.

Yep I am good the meet will speak for its self and the 200lbs beast will rule the day. Plenty of tweaks and upgrades will be done so who ever shows up will see one of the best pictures on the planet and the beer is on me.

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
You have to stop thinking like this> It does not work for you, lol.

Haha haha haha

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys

Wish I could "beer" there but travel not practical for me right now.....

Does anyone besides me like Fosters?
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim in Phoenix wrote:
Guys

Wish I could "beer" there but travel not practical for me right now.....

Does anyone besides me like Fosters?

I know Fosters are the sh*t right no. Still not! Norrlands Guld!

But really, I know nothing.

I posted a challenge, for some ruler-shots, on a different channel, but that basically went nowhere. What I've learned though is, that I should have a grid pattern width of only 1,25 mm - as oppose to my 2 mm with my Sony 1292 tucked in (the core of the lines). Or there about.

Anyway, I've had better setups, and before these were taken in my thread, it was a spur of the moment to make them.

Last edited by thewolfman on Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just deleted pretty much the last page of posts. Andreas and Greg, both of you smarten the hell up. Your last few posts (and more above that I haven`t deleted) is what takes the fun out of forums. There`s enough digital vs CRT bashing over on avs, if you want to sling mud, go do it there. Don`t do it here.
greg9518lc

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we are back on topic CRT owners do not need any digital guy to validate this meet of the RS600
vs 9518LC Craig Rounds will be just fine as a judge. So back off this thread or you don't come and that
includes your friends.

In essence by Andreas21 posting again in this thread Europeon digital guys are banned from the meet.

You have been warned

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really looking forward to this trip. I have never said that any technology is perfect, I am aware of that everything has both positive and negative sides. I really like to explore different things.

The HT community is a small one - instead of bickering we/everyone should learn from all participants.

I hope the meeting goes well, and that they show an amazing picture on the Marquee.

Last edited by pj-toso on Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andreas21

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greg9518lc wrote:
So we are back on topic CRT owners do not need any digital guy to validate this meet of the RS600
vs 9518LC Craig Rounds will be just fine as a judge. So back off this thread or you don't come and that
includes your friends.

In essence by Andreas21 posting again in this thread Europeon digital guys are banned from the meet.

You have been warned

So you are the moderator here?

I think you need to look yourself in the mirror... Wink

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARE YOU DENSE? Curt has already deleted several comments and if you persist, I think there's a better than 50/50 chance
that you may become a "guest" rather than a "member", and that is a rare thing. I can only recall, off hand, one other person who
has been banned and it's somebody most of us would remember fairly well.

Curt is watching and if he thinks you're just a troublesome digital jihadi in the wrong subforum, he is well within his rights and capabilities to flush your membership.

Mind your manners.

Ultimately, the picture is what matters most, but some of us also derive great enjoyment from working with the machine as well.

Your digital projector is a Honda Civic. It's nice but it's built for someone who just wants to get from point A to point B.

Those of us who still like our CRTs like them because they're more like a classic muscle car. They may not be as efficient, they may not be as sleek and slickly engineered, but some people enjoy the process of working on them and tweaking and tuning them,
and modifying them, for better performance. Having a CRT projector is a hobby in and of itself, even if you never actually watch a movie on it.

That's something that I hope you can understand. It can be fun to mess around with the machine itself.
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
I just deleted pretty much the last page of posts. Andreas and Greg, both of you smarten the hell up. Your last few posts (and more above that I haven`t deleted) is what takes the fun out of forums. There`s enough digital vs CRT bashing over on avs, if you want to sling mud, go do it there. Don`t do it here.

Sorry, Curt, but Greg has been baiting from the beginning. The "digital" guys were fine until the baiting began.

greg9518lc wrote:
includes your friends.

You have been warned

Great, I guess you can count me out. I was considering this, because Craig was going to attend. Now, not so much. If Rocco decides to attend, then I may change my mind.

Of course with MP mods, will there be something on the screen or will this be a repeat of Williams?
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well shoot Eric, your prospect of going was making me want to go more too. I don't know, it has gotten a bit nasty hasn't it.

I haven't met Rocco in person (only spoken on the phone) so that would be a treat as well.

It's also been since Thanksgiving that I last saw Mike Parker so I hope he surprises me and comes.

We'll find out the date and then the names of who's there. Those will be the primary factors for me. I already know pretty much what all these projectors are going to look like Wink

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892

Last edited by CIR Engineering on Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanky Ham wrote:
Of course with MP mods, will there be something on the screen or will this be a repeat of Williams?

LOL

Mike can do some nice things with his mods, but sometimes they are temperamental. These have been running for a few months so I expect we can count on the projector being stable.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanky Ham wrote:
Curt Palme wrote:

Sorry, Curt, but Greg has been baiting from the beginning. The "digital" guys were fine until the baiting began.

And that's why i called both of them out. The whole CRT community has gotten pretty hostile, and frankly, my posts are pretty much limited to assisting people with CRT problems at this point. The CRT vs digital and frankly even most of the modification threads are such a waste of time. Without proper test patterns and no quantitative substantiation of claims, it's a bunch of BS. Count me out.

Keep it civil, and no one gets banned.
Andreas21

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmjohnson wrote:
ARE YOU DENSE? Curt has already deleted several comments and if you persist, I think there's a better than 50/50 chance
that you may become a "guest" rather than a "member", and that is a rare thing. I can only recall, off hand, one other person who
has been banned and it's somebody most of us would remember fairly well.

Curt is watching and if he thinks you're just a troublesome digital jihadi in the wrong subforum, he is well within his rights and capabilities to flush your membership.

Mind your manners.

Ultimately, the picture is what matters most, but some of us also derive great enjoyment from working with the machine as well.

Your digital projector is a Honda Civic. It's nice but it's built for someone who just wants to get from point A to point B.

Those of us who still like our CRTs like them because they're more like a classic muscle car. They may not be as efficient, they may not be as sleek and slickly engineered, but some people enjoy the process of working on them and tweaking and tuning them,
and modifying them, for better performance. Having a CRT projector is a hobby in and of itself, even if you never actually watch a movie on it.

That's something that I hope you can understand. It can be fun to mess around with the machine itself.

Curt was talking to the both of us and I donīt think Gregīs behavior was so great either... Wink

I also think you might mind your manners and think about your self rather than telling me what to do.

And to say my RS600 is a Honda Civic I donīt agree, I would rather call it a Ferarri and your CRTīs old American muscle cars. Thumbs Up

And like Curt says over here the CRT community has become quite hostile and that is the way I have experienced it, I am actually quite open minded who would have no problem admitting a CRT to be better than my current digital if it actually was so. This is something I have yet to experience and would like to see the MP modded Marquee. But the way Greg and others treat "digital" guys I dont think I will feel very welcome so I will pass on the invitation if it stands.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIR Engineering wrote:
Spanky Ham wrote:

LOL

Mike can do some nice things with his mods, but sometimes they are temperamental. These have been running for a few months so I expect we can count on the projector being stable.

craigr

Need not worry 9518kc will be at its best and to bad Curt you will not be there you can't measure greatness with a meter but only with
your eyes Wink

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish list for meet is as follow to be completed

1. New glycol
2.calibration
3.astig
4.focus
5.new **** ******
6.new ***
7.new ****** ******
8. new ***
9. new *****
[img][/img]

We have our work cut out for us but it will be well worth it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12
Jump to: