Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

MP 250 mhz VNB
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject: MP 250 mhz VNB Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Mike Parker 250 MHz thread.

This is very similar to the problems you were having before you got the later version Moome card.

But regardless, the section of any of those boards that has been modified or changes made to it has nothing to do with any of the sync or timing circuits. Only the video section was modified to include the supply rails to the video circuit, so in no way could any of the things you listed be related to the video section of the boards.

What happens when you bring up the internal test pattern, are you seeing everything as it should be?

Also, those boards were the same set that was in my Marquee. They were tested on a many scan rate, that is how I check the boards in the process to make you they are stable from one scan rate to the other.

This is not the right thread for those neck boards, a thread has not been created that deals with them. they would be more of in the 250mhz range (as shown in the listing). These are dialed down a bit for better noise performance (low end - black level).

************************************************************************************************

I took it upon myself to create this own topic about these special boards.

But yes, the internal test pattern is Ok. Even made some basic convergence.

Other than that, nothing is working really.

I can update as I go along.

Last edited by thewolfman on Thu May 26, 2016 6:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took some images of my current situation.

The screen shows a white field as all black.

HTPC in the works.

free picture upload

post images

photo hosting sites

White become black as it sits right now.

screen capture tool
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have another source you can connect to the Moome card? A blu-ray player, maybe? Or a different HTPC?
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try to get hold of a blu-ray player to run 60Hz to it. But I do have a second pc that I totally forgot about.. I should dig that one up and try.

Last edited by thewolfman on Thu May 26, 2016 6:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
mp20748

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra / Super 02 and 03 VIM

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this.

The images from the PC clearly show distorted text on external, but not when you bring up the internal pattern. Which means there is definitely something wrong with the source.

The difference between the source and the internal patterns is a switch only. This version mini board does not use a clamping circuit )for black reference) it gets its reference from the source. So when there is no input on the source, you will see either one of the colors full on or any combination of thum bring off. This is what had mentioned in previous threads about this "one black reference" feature. So that is normal when therris no source.
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Show a picture of a convergence grid with red/green then blue/green
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure. Hold on.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red over green convergence works. Blue over green works. I didn't make pix because they look the same when exited. So only menus works right now. Red+Green + Green+Blue.. Blue+red.
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try 1920X1080P 60hz on your HTPC.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try later, to bright conditions right now.
greg9518lc

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewolfman wrote:
I'll try later, to bright conditions right now.

So what is going on you figure this out yet? Bad HDMI cable or is it your pc?

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know I haven't been working on it. But I'm quite positive the moome is broken. I'm going to leave it alone until the other one get's here.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it in the mail today, and installed the modded moome V3 and it still looks like before, with everything white being black and so forth. So I then installed a stock VIM 02 + your modded 250MHz VNB and then it works.

So, your modded VIM 02 is the culprit, and since you made a replica of this VIM, or was it just the VNBs?, anyway, I feel it's fair to send this one back and we swap. You can't fix this board because of the cover ups so you must make a new one or we swap.

I hope you will honor the warranty and fix this for me, and also make it fit the bill with the amount I paid for this, a record high I'm sure.
racerxnet

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike has been very good regarding repairs on his boards. I've had mine repaired when one failed.

MAK
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, he fixed my modded VIM 03 so I know he can fix them. It's just that the major modded bits are incased with black cover up so he would have to make them all over to repair. That has to be a lot of work to repair also.
greg9518lc

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MP can fix the modded board so you need to send it back that's what the warranty would
cover and if it can't be repaired you would get a new one at MP disscresion. Times wasting ship
away............

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this spare stock VIM 02 to go along if necessary, before sending them back I need to hear from MP it's OK.
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewolfman wrote:
I have this spare stock VIM 02 to go along if necessary, before sending them back I need to hear from MP it's OK.

And you would think I would have received and email, PM message or other form or notifying me that you were having a problem, other than to look on this forum and read about it in this thread.. Confused

Yes, but before you send them back, I'll need you to do a few things on your end to make sure the problem is truly with that 02 I sent you. Based on your description (below):

thewolfman wrote:
I got it in the mail today, and installed the modded moome V3 and it still looks like before, with everything white being black and so forth

You asked for and got the exact same boards I had in my projector. And before they were sent to you, they were well tested for two whole weeks, because I wanted to make sure they were perfect. And based on the last test i asked you to do, that was to bring up the Internal Test patter nad let me know what you see on the screen. When you said the patterns looked normal, that ruled out a problem being in 98% of the VIM and video chain... but also as I remember, you had this exact same problem the last time you got the other boards.

So of course they would be warranted why would you believe otherwise:

thewolfman wrote:

I hope you will honor the warranty and fix this for me, and also make it fit the bill with the amount I paid for this, a record high I'm sure.

Before you send them back, you need to first check these few things:

1, what happens when you bring up the internal test pattern, and how does each of the patterns look when you scroll thru them.

2, make sure you select "source" 02 after installing the VIM.

3, what source are you using into the Moome ie.DVD player, HTPC, etc
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlemen, to back up what Mike suggests, it is ALWAYS best practice to directly contact the vendor if you have a problem with his product or service, BEFORE you go public with it on a forum.

Wolfman, you should be communicating with Mike via PM or emails, NOT turning this into a public display on the forum.

I have full confidence that Mike will address any problem that he bears any responsibility for.

Wolfman, you, on the other hand, must exercise due diligence and ensure that the problems you are seeing are truly
problems that are not due to any issues you are having which are external to the projector.

Which is easily done. Disconnect your existing external sources, use the internal test patterns to verify basic operation,
THEN look at connecting external sources.

I can not even CONCEIVE of a way that a VIM will give you reverse video or do what is pictured, not in all three channels at once.

But Mike knows more about the operating principles of the VIM and neck cards than I ever will.
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmjohnson wrote:

I can not even CONCEIVE of a way that a VIM will give you reverse video or do what is pictured, not in all three channels at once.

Exactly and especially with the internal patterns being in tact..Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Jump to: