Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

CRT group buy MAY BE BACK ON. Check last post!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lydmann

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:56 pm    Post subject: pm Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
cmjohnson wrote:
I'm just telling you that this offer won't be available after a certain time. I'm not waiting forever and people who have expressed initial interest need to let me know if they are STILL interested now that I can at least THINK of getting the ball rolling.

This isn't a charity. I'm putting time and effort, and, yes, some of my own money into it, hoping to do the community a good turn
and in the process make a few bucks to cover my EXPENSES that will be incurred by the effort I must make to bring this to fruition.

The way I see it, you've got a 22,000 dollar projector hanging from your ceiling, new tubes cost 2000 each, I am offering tubes
that are new in everything but name alone for just 10 pecent of that, and if you plan to keep using the thing long enough to want to retube it, or you have worn tubes right now and would like to upgrade for really not a lot of money, then you should be giving some consideration to joining in on this deal.

I'm busting my hump for you guys for what will work out to a not very impressive hourly wage for myself, after counting the time
and effort and driving time and related expenses that I'll incur by doing it. But I'm not going to push it for very long. End of the month comes, the deal's cancelled if it's not moving. Part of the game is knowing when to quit.

If you're not interested in joining in on the group buy, why are you even here making comments?

pm sendt
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, please let me know how many sets you will want.
modelaratrod

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in for a set, in addition to the set I'm currently waiting on, any shipping update?
soleboy

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for late reply

I'm very happy for costing down.

as I mentioned before

I need two sets.

Thank you~~

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmjohnson wrote:
I just acquired nine minty fresh, brand new green LUGs today. Four still have the protective clear film on the faceplates.

I have to test them all, of course. I won't even trust a new tube to be perfect until I verify it, as I HAVE seen problems with
tubes that can not be seen without running htem.

Do you still have them?
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some. Some are sold and already shipped out.
modelaratrod

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still haven't received anything yet, did they ship?
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to get everything together. I've got a set of tubes ready to send to you, the hard part was coming up with the foam inserts for the boxes! And I finally scored a sixth lens insert so I've got all the inserts I need to send to you there, too.

I have also had a small money crunch situation over the last week. I'm over it, and can now afford to ship stuff to you again.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final notice: I've waited as long as I'm going to. If you want in on the group buy, SEND ME AN EMAIL TITLED "GROUP BUY ON CRTs" and let me know you're ready to pay your share.

Send that email to me at:

cmjohnson@cfl.rr.com

I must get this message not later than midnight, Monday July 4.

If I don't get the commitments, VIA EMAIL, by that time, for 12 sets, the deal will be off.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All persons who have expressed interest within this topic have been requested via PM to send me an email.

June 5th in the morning, I'll know if we have a group buy or not.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this time my order book has orders for 38 CRTs.
20 green
17 blue
11 red

So that's it, we're over the top, and don't think that we're three reds short of actually making 12 SETS out of the order is going to kill the deal.

Once I confirm with the vendor that the deal is still on, which will happen this week, I'll send out payment requests.

I'll be taking at least two extra sets to cover any possible issues with tubes that have problems that don't show until they're tesed under power.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The source has been contacted to confirm the conditions under which the deal will occur.

I have an absolute requirement of being able to personally inspect every selected tube and reject and replace any that don't measure up to my standards. (they're being pre-selected by workers at the site, as per my written requirements but how much can they be trusted?)

They must agree to that, in writing, and provide assurance that there's enough stock on hand to make filling the order no problem.

I should have that assurance in not more than another couple of days. Along with photos provided to me of examples that are being selected according to my standards.

When that happens, those of you who have made commitments will be asked to submit payment.

I accept payment via paypal or you can send a check. But the check must clear the bank before anything else happens.

Paypal can take up to 4 days for payment to clear.

With payment in hand I'll then go get the tubes, which is a 2 day trip for me.

Then when I bring them back, they get cleaned, anode leads attached, and tested.

I'll have a few spares to cover the possibility of finding a few tubes that reveal problems only when powered up. I expect that,
so I'm buying a few extras.

Once tubes are tested, which includes documenting their sensitivity by recording the G2 level required to light up the second to darkest grey scale block in a Marquee, with brightness, contrast, and drive at 50, then I'll start preparing the tubes for shipment to their owners.

Reasonable efforts will be made to provide tubes that are well matched for sensitivity to those who are buying multiple sets, plus sets will be matched up as well as possible, too.

The cost of packing materials (fitted foam box inserts) will be borne by the buyer. Buyer pays all associated shipping and packing costs. I do not charge for the labor but I do pass on the actual cost of the shipping supplies to you.

If you need anode leads, I can only provide new ones. They cost me 34 dollars each from VDC and that is what I charge for them. Not a penny more than they cost me.

Any and all needs for having tubes mounted in LC hardware will be dealt with on an as needed basis.

I have Marquee LC hardware in stock. NO other types. If you need tubes mounted in other LC hardware, you provide it, I'll use it.

I have to charge for other items you may need. C elements, magnetics, grounding leads, whatever. If I can provide it,
you can buy it. Pricing relates to what it costs me to get these items.
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris,

If you are interested, I can mount buyer's tubes in G90 hardware if the tubes are sent to me? If that is OK with you, buyers may have their tubes drop shipped to me for mounting.

I can provide pricing to those interested if Chris is OK with this arrangement.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, no problem, but I'd have to ship their tubes to you, as the tubes aren't being shipped to me, I'm getting them myself, in person.

I'll pre-test them and then ship any tubes to you that are for G90s.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's update: There is a "difficulty in negotiations" that has caused me to reach out to a higher authority.

The vendor is unwilling to allow me to personally inspect the chosen tubes prior to paying for them.

Everybody here knows that even the sleaziest used car dealer will allow you to inspect a used car before you buy it.

I demand no less than that.

If I can't get the right to inspect and reject, there will be no deal. Even though they say they'll choose tubes according to my
grading criteria, would YOU trust a warehouse worker making $9.50 an hour to differentiate between a tube that has subtle wear
patterns on it vs. no wear patterns at all?

I sure don't.

I don't delegate quality control to somebody else. Particularly when it's my deal and it's going to cost me hundreds of dollars just
to go out and pick them up and return.

Any tube I'd reject is almost certainly worthless. MAYBE it might bring a hundred bucks. When you're paying twice that to get it, that's just not going to cut it.

Like I said, I've reached out to a higher authority. Via a connection I'm trying to get to the attention of the company CEO and see
what kind of deal can be hammered out.
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give 'em hell CM!
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us know how it goes. If you can't inspect yourself than I am also not interested.

Thanks Chris,

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll give it a few days and see if my attempt to involve a higher authority (basically jumping the chain of command) is successful.

The status as of this moment is that nobody has paid for anything and nobody has been asked to do so.

I wanted to keep it neat like this in the event of just such a development.
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are conducting yourself perfectly.

So best regards and good luck!

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No status changes as of yet. Not sure if my connections are going to be able to pull this oxcart out of the ditch.

The status as of this moment is no confirmed deal due to no assurance I can hand pick the CRTs or reject any that were picked by on-site personnel.

There will be no deal if I do not received such guarantees. This is to ensure we all get quality product.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6
Jump to: