Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Crystalio II and internal media player

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hulio

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject: Crystalio II and internal media player Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Does anyone have experience with swapping the hard drive on a Crystalio II-VPS3800 video processor ?
I installed a new HD ( ext3 formatted ) but I can't play any high def. format. No mkv, ts, MP4 etc. It will play only DVD format ( vob files ). No luck playing from a USB stick neither....
Must I install a Linux codec first ? I thought the media player software is embedded.
Appreciate some help.
nidi

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 07, 2016 11:13 pm    Post subject: Forget the C2 media player Reply with quote

Hulio,

even back in 2005, the media C2's Media Player was really bad.
it still only plays .ts , .vob and .mpg files.

get a nice Xtreamer player (http://dev.xtreamer.net/xtreamer-sidewinder3.aspx) or
one of those PopCorn Hour players. even the first A100 in so much better than the internal media player.

https://www.google.ch/?gws_rd=ssl#q=popcorn+hour+A100

you should be able to get one for a few cents!

Michael
Hulio

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting Michael.
Yeah, I know in the mean time that the embedded media-player was a joke. I do own a Popcorn Hour A-400 (very pleased with) but I still use the CII-3800 for the porch timings-convenience with my Cine 9. According to PixelMagic advertising, the CII should play MP4 files too, that's why I was struggling with. Right now, the useless hard drive is disconnected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: