Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Nec XG75, Lines "giving up"

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karlandreasa

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:35 am    Post subject: Nec XG75, Lines "giving up" Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
This is a wierd one.
After approx. 2hours the picture has slowly moved left about a Cm and this happens: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxV1FUMq9NdOU0pTVnI5NFQxQ2c/view?usp=docslist_api

Everything goes back to normal when you switch input and then back (or, last time, only by pressing any remote-button so that the overlay starts).

I have a Moome-card and tun a pc with 1080i. Also a ps3 with 1080i (but i'm not shure i've seen it on the ps3)[/url]

Yet.
Smile
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I would do is measure exactly where the test grid is, and see if that moves the cm as well. If not, then I would suspect a source/Moome issue and not a projector problem. If the crosshatch moves as well, then the problem is within the projector.
karlandreasa

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will check! I forgot to say that the coloured lines at the bottom appears suddenly after those 2h and is slowly sinking/bending down

Yet.
Smile
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The coloured lines at the bottom are caused by raster roll over. It seems you don't use any vertical blanking, with that you can hide those lines. Also you can try to set "position" so your picture remain within the raster.
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's right, or you can use raster shift to move the image up/down, and then use the tilt on the mount to compensate to get the image away from that problem. It can still be the signal, but you may have a problem with the H/V shift board in the set. I've got spares if you need one.
karlandreasa

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again! sorry for the late, late answer and thanks for your help:)
-The crosshatch moves slowly to the left aswell and the lines start sinking (but only if i leave it on for a while since everytime i get the overlay up it resets (both position and sinking lines at the bottom).
-I will try to move the picture inside the raster but it looks like the picture uses every line from the top to bottom. what do i do then? do i have to sacrifice something?
-I have a working spare-projector (bad/missing tubes), if i would swap the H/V shift board, do i have to redo the set-up process to make everything fit? anything i should know?
-I talked to a CRT-friend in sweden that talked about interference from for-example bad/worn-out caps in the Powersupply that messed up something and that the projector went through some sort of re-sync-process every time i push for-example "store". Is that something i should try swapping aswell?

Yet.
Smile
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The projector needs some time to stabilize the adjustment, although, but a few cm seems a bit much.
-Myebe you should reconnect the deflection yoke cables.
-If you want to play with boards I'd suggest the OSC or Wave boards for start.

View user's photo album (1 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: