Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Welcome to the Classic Electronics forum!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Classic Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Welcome to the Classic Electronics forum! Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Got some vintage electronics you want to show off or have questions about? Post it in this forum!

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take responsibility for this forum.

I have a bunch of odd ball old/classic/weird electronics and I'd like to share them with you guys.

Please feel free to do the same. I think pictures are a *must*. I'll post some this coming week.
So get our your 1982 SIMON game and put the 4AA batteries and one 9 volt in it and let 'er rip. Or fire up that Betamax and show us some true quality engineering.
..and don't forget that 386 16Mhz PC you put away in 1995 intending to get back to one day. Today's the day. Dig 'em out and showcase them.
Thumbs Up

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
mp20748

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra / Super 02 and 03 VIM

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, this should be an interesting forum. Thanks for this one!
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. Wish I still had my Sinclair ZX81. I even soldered it together from a kit!

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
Damn. Wish I still had my Sinclair ZX81. I even soldered it together from a kit!

Kal

I was just talking to a buddie and he reminded me I have and Osbourne computer in storage. Slipped my mind. Very Happy

...and I still have my Timex Sinclair 1000. No soldering required.

CRT.

HD done right!
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up a TI< and a Kaypro 10 from the recycler. the Kaypro works fine, save for a busted telephone connector at the keyboard.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
I just picked up a TI< and a Kaypro 10 from the recycler. the Kaypro works fine, save for a busted telephone connector at the keyboard.

Pictures before you sell them! Very Happy

CRT.

HD done right!
garyfritz

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just looking for something to show my son, but it may have gotten thrown away at some point... It was a black light I made from parts, probably ordered from an Edmund catalog, back when I was in junior high -- which would make it 1970ish. I screwed the parts onto a board, on which I had nailed a layer of metal for some unknown reason. Don't think I even knew enough to make that the ground. Laughing
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garyfritz wrote:
I was just looking for something to show my son, but it may have gotten thrown away at some point... It was a black light I made from parts, probably ordered from an Edmund catalog, back when I was in junior high -- which would make it 1970ish. I screwed the parts onto a board, on which I had nailed a layer of metal for some unknown reason. Don't think I even knew enough to make that the ground. Laughing

Is that how you got your groovy hair style? Laughing

CRT.

HD done right!
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLs. I'll have to drag out my TRS-80 Model 100, complete with acoustic coupler modem. Not sure where it is, but that one should be fun.

Oh, and my super-sweet recording Sony Walkman WM-F200 (yes, I just had to look up that model number).

Ooh... And my somewhat-vintage PowerMac with Polaroid film recorder.

Most of the really cool stuff from my childhood is in storage at my old man's place. At some point, I'll have to go back there and round some of it up. I'll enjoy it for a week or two until my wife murders me for bring a bunch of old stuff (that I'll never use) home.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
LOLs. I'll have to drag out my TRS-80 Model 100, complete with acoustic coupler modem. Not sure where it is, but that one should be fun.

Oh, and my super-sweet recording Sony Walkman WM-F200 (yes, I just had to look up that model number).

Ooh... And my somewhat-vintage PowerMac with Polaroid film recorder.

Most of the really cool stuff from my childhood is in storage at my old man's place. At some point, I'll have to go back there and round some of it up. I'll enjoy it for a week or two until my wife murders me for bring a bunch of old stuff (that I'll never use) home.

SC

Cool!

I have the acoustic coupler for a TRS-80, actually I think I have 2, one OEM and one RadioShack. -300baud- I used the acoustic coupler on a WYSE terminal ( sitting behind me as we speak ) to BBS back in the early '90's. I had to make a custom power supply for the coupler out of a loose transformer and a RadioShack full wave bridge rectumfire.
That supply got tossed but I kept the bridge rectumfire. Laughing

I have a SONY WM-F17 stereo recording walkman that I used from 1986-2001ish untill it gave up. It had FM and AM stereo! AND a stereo electret mic. I used it to record Birthday parties, Christmas and thunderstorms in Stereo while I took 35mm pictures with first my Yashica point and shoot then my Pentax K1000.
Also got a recording of a medical chopper that landed at the local school yard to transport a kid from the local hospital down to Sick Kids after a car accident.

I have a WM-F46 recording walkman sitting on the top of my A/V unit ( just had to get up and look to get the model number )

As well as a WM-AF67/BF-67 recording walkman sitting beside me just hangin' out. This one has FM preset tuning, set on the inside of the cassette door with 3 separate FM tuners(!). There's a 4th tuner for normal FM band scanning with the tuning knob on the outside.
Also a WM-F2015 ( funny model number ha!) sitting here in the styrofoam from its box with the original headphones.(no outter box though ) Got that at thrift last year for my birthday.
SONY had some super cool walkman's.

I have 3 Polaroid film recorders and a Polaroid RGB printer. That one took a 15Khz signal and printed it onto Polaroid 669 or other peel apart film. Meant for use in a security system to make a copy of the bad guys from the NTSC/PAL CCTV camera signal. That was NIB last I looked but may have been caught in the flood a few years back Sad Hopefully it was just the box that got it.

See why I need this forum yet? Laughing

Keep the finds coming!

CRT.

HD done right!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Classic Electronics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: