Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Marquee 1.3 screen width issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Marquee 1.3 screen width issue Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I've always had a slight (I mean, slight enough that I never really worried about it) screen width issue with my Moome V1.3 input card in my Marquee.

The image from the card is just a little bit too wide. And I do mean just a little. Not much at all. My screen is 8 feet wide and the image is maybe 2 inches wider at most.

Long or short retrace doesn't fix it. Setting blanking to zero doesn't fix it. Adjusting raster width doesn't fix it,
because a small section of the image is simply not being displayed at all.

I can see the missing area by shifting the image but no combination of settings allows the entire image to be displayed at one time.

Like I said, it's just a little bit. I've lived with it for years and never really cared about it.

But I am curious, has anyone else encountered the same thing and if so, have you found a fix for it?
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

removed

Last edited by redfox001 on Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a straight path from BDP to Moome card to projector. Of course I've considered source timings but the Sony BDP seems to lack those adjustments.

I can do without your smarmy comments. I formally disinvite you, redfox001, from any participation in any topic I start.

Your comments are not welcome and will henceforth be ignored as if they were never written.

You burned that bridge, bub.
Beeffold

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmjohnson wrote:
It's a straight path from BDP to Moome card to projector. Of course I've considered source timings but the Sony BDP seems to lack those adjustments.

I can do without your smarmy comments. I formally disinvite you, redfox001, from any participation in any topic I start.

Your comments are not welcome and will henceforth be ignored as if they were never written.

You burned that bridge, bub.

oh its getting hot in here. but on the other note, i think your Moome V1.3 on your Marquee has a compatibility issue. screen width are most likely always an issue and there is an adjustment somewhere maybe you just didn't notice it yet. but if it doesn't worry you too much, then don't mind it.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digging up an old topic that hasn't been visited in six months?

The answer is that there is a mod that some Marquees need which corrects the issue where you can not by any adjustment actually display both edges of the picture at the same time.

There's a service bulletin about it in the archives on this site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: