Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Swapping firmware in Marquee Ultra- no top/bottom key/pin

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject: Swapping firmware in Marquee Ultra- no top/bottom key/pin Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
So I've done some swapping of CLMs in 9500 Ultras lately, and have found that some versions of firmware will make the set lose top and bottom pin and keystone functions. It's definitely on the CLM, and I am sure that it's firmware related.

Why is that? Is there a chart of what firmware works with what other chips?

The workaround is to go into the interpolated geometry menu, which is more or less what I use nowadays anyway, but it bothers me that this occurs. I haven't sold a Marquee like this of course, but I've also spent a lot of time swapping CLMs, so a shortcut would be nice to know.
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm

Try some different revs of FGM on each CLM version and tell us how that goes.
mp20748

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra / Super 02 and 03 VIM

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is truly an "Ultra" then the CLM would need a version 5.5 for it's DPB (U7). 5.4 should also work, but I'm not sure. Anything below 5.4 I know would not provide Top/Bottom PIN.

You would also need to make sure those two wires jumpers (one long and one short) are soldered on the multi-pon connector on the DPB
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

didn't Scott TSE say something about the very newest VDC machines needing a special U7 and that it had to match the 2 socketed chips on the HDM daughter board?
View user's photo album (2 photos)
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks, that helps!
mp20748

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra / Super 02 and 03 VIM

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I now have on my ceiling is one of their very last 9518LC they manufactured. t has version 5.6 for U7 on the DPB. The model year of this Marquee is 2010 (or 2011) - it was their last to my understanding.

The very latest U7 is a 5.6 It is the only U7 version that will not work in any of the earlier Marquee's. Mainly because of the DPB.

The two socketed chips on the HDM has version 2.0 and 2.1 on both of them. The earlier HDM daughter boards had dual ver 2.0 chips

The 5.6 is the tricky version of U7, because it will only work in 02-250336-05P DPB - it was manufactured 05 2010.

Version 5.5 would work in any Ultra, it was the upgrade for the DPB U7

ver 5.3 and below are not Ultra. I'm not familiar with 5.4 - don't remember, nor did I have one handy when my DPB failed and could test for this, while I was trying to find a replacement last week.

My 02-250336-05P failed. It was giving me ziggy lines in the image. I removed U7 (ver 5.6) and put in another working earlier version DPB, and the PJ work not fire up. When using the ver 5.3 (non Ultra) that came in that DPB, I was not able to get the Top/Bottom to work only. So when replacing the ver 5.3 with a version 5.5 it worked. Right now I have an earlier version Ultra (ver 5.5) DPB on my CLM and it's working fine. This is the same board I mentioned previously that should work in any of the Ultra's so that includes my newer 9518.
tschaeikaei

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I can tell about the pin signals: look for them on U7 (TDA 8444) on the FGM.
Page 6 in the 260354-02P schematic. I know this isn't software-related at all, but the only thing i know about it.
Regards, Julian

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just purchased a FGM with part number 500-000354-02P ISS:2 and installed it. There is no control for the top and bottom pin as well as other menu items. U7 chip version is 5.5. Any ideas why it does not work?

Mark
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found compatibility issues between the CLM, FGM and backplane. I haven't figured out why, but have had several instances of Ultra CLMs doing exactly what you are experiencing. With the sets Ive had here, I just swapped CLMs until the beast came to life. Otherwise you could use the random access green convergence which will still work, forget about the geometry settings, and set the projector up that way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: