Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

barco 1209s - noise from the pj

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SPL800

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject: barco 1209s - noise from the pj Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
it’s been almost one year that I didn’t use my home theater. and also my pj was not connected.(All this time the pj was disconnected from the wall power outlet).
now after connecting it again. I achieve a great picture. but started to hear some ticking noise from my pj. with a very slight picture jumping.
the picture is perfect and no issue with that.
I’m only concern about the strange ticking noise. and afraid it will continue to do more harm to my pj.
Can anyone help?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like HV arcing. Disconnect the HV leads going to the tubes one at a time (don't disconnect the one coming from the HV quadrupler!), and wait 1/2 hour before unplugging each lead after you've unplugged power to the projector. See if by disconnecting one tube, the arcing and jumping goes away. if so, one of the HV leads needs to be replaced. if not, my guess is that the HV splitter is bad, and may be leaking HV slightly.
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a trick to finding an HV arc that you can't see.

If you have a DSLR camera with good low light ability, use it.

Remove the cover of the projector, turn it on, cover the lenses, turn out the lights, make the room as dark as possible,
and make a long high ISO exposure of the projector. Check the image and you may see the arc that you didn't see with the naked eye.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: