Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

American Sniper

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Movie & Media Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:22 am    Post subject: American Sniper Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I watched this last night, and thoroughly enjoyed it. So much so, that I'm watching it again tonight with the g/f.. on the Qualia!

What was weird is if you take out the urge to go to war, and replace it with CRT projectors and electronics, I saw myself in the main character. Food for thought!
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just warming up the D50 to watch this in a few...

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: American Sniper Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
What was weird is if you take out the urge to go to war, and replace it with CRT projectors and electronics, I saw myself in the main character. Food for thought!
I'm sure they did a fantastic job of convincing the next generation of 19 year old fools that going to "Eye-rack" was actually pretty heroic and glamorous and you should join the army so you don't miss the next one. Laughing

They actually interviewed ole Bradly on NPR and asked him how he felt about glamorizing a war that was a disaster for our country. He dodged the question and blurted something out about being an actor and being "totally engrossed" in his job to the point where he doesn't have the time to examine his job Philosophically , blah, blah, blah,Chicken sh*t.
View user's photo album (2 photos)
El Duderino

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no big fan of Adam Kokesh, but he did some interesting interviews of people exiting the theater and gave a different perspective with a dose of rational reason:
https://youtu.be/raFHlwVp4LI

If a hero is someone who will stand up against crushing odds to defend their homeland, then the woman and child in the opening scene were.... heroes.

Jesse Ventura also won a $1.8M defamation case against Chris Kyle and his estate for one of his apparently made up stories from his American Sniper book.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting film. I recommend watching it back to back with Zero Dark 30.
Those two films would compliment each other.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Duderino wrote:
I'm no big fan of Adam Kokesh, but he did some interesting interviews of people exiting the theater and gave a different perspective with a dose of rational reason:
https://youtu.be/raFHlwVp4LI

thanks, from now on any time I ask myself "how could this country be so f*ck*** up?" I'll just watch that.

The average person is a f*cking moron, and you should have to pass a basic intelligence test before even being allowed to vote. I just don't see any other solution, the "every person gets a vote" clause of the Constitution is simply flawed and wrong.
jbmeyer13

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: American Sniper Reply with quote

draganm wrote:
Curt Palme wrote:
I'm sure they did a fantastic job of convincing the next generation of 19 year old fools that going to "Eye-rack" was actually pretty heroic and glamorous and you should join the army so you don't miss the next one. Laughing

They actually interviewed ole Bradly on NPR and asked him how he felt about glamorizing a war that was a disaster for our country. He dodged the question and blurted something out about being an actor and being "totally engrossed" in his job to the point where he doesn't have the time to examine his job Philosophically , blah, blah, blah,Chicken sh*t.

Of course he'll dodge that question because saying anything which could be construed as right wing commentary could effect his ability to work.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: American Sniper Reply with quote

jbmeyer13 wrote:

Of course he'll dodge that question because saying anything which could be construed as right wing commentary could effect his ability to work.
is Bradley cooper a "kin" of Ted Nugent though? I saw a piece on him doing Elephant Man on Broadway and it was pretty amazing . You'd think that a guy like that would be pretty intelligent and open minded instead of an ignorant f*ck who believes the Iraq invasion was a righteous crusade for Freedom.
My guess is he dodged the question because he doesn't really care, is non-political. Unfortunately when you make a movie like that your pushing someones agenda whether you intend to or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Movie & Media Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: