Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

 
Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

American Sniper

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Movie & Media Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Curt Palme
CRT Tech


Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 23154
Location: Langley, BC

TV/Projector: All of them!


PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:22 am    Post subject: American Sniper Reply with quote


        Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I watched this last night, and thoroughly enjoyed it. So much so, that I'm watching it again tonight with the g/f.. on the Qualia!

What was weird is if you take out the urge to go to war, and replace it with CRT projectors and electronics, I saw myself in the main character. Food for thought!
Back to top
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator


Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 24711
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G


PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just warming up the D50 to watch this in a few...
_________________
Tech support for nothing

CRT.

HD done right!
Back to top
View user's photo album (27 photos)
draganm



Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 8600
Location: Colorado


PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: American Sniper Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
What was weird is if you take out the urge to go to war, and replace it with CRT projectors and electronics, I saw myself in the main character. Food for thought!
I'm sure they did a fantastic job of convincing the next generation of 19 year old fools that going to "Eye-rack" was actually pretty heroic and glamorous and you should join the army so you don't miss the next one. Laughing

They actually interviewed ole Bradly on NPR and asked him how he felt about glamorizing a war that was a disaster for our country. He dodged the question and blurted something out about being an actor and being "totally engrossed" in his job to the point where he doesn't have the time to examine his job Philosophically , blah, blah, blah,Chicken sh*t.

_________________
MARQUEE HD MODS: Bring your Marquee CRT projector (or clone) back up to spec and offer even greater performance!
Back to top
View user's photo album (2 photos)
El Duderino



Joined: 23 Jan 2011
Posts: 3737
Location: Portland, OR


PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no big fan of Adam Kokesh, but he did some interesting interviews of people exiting the theater and gave a different perspective with a dose of rational reason:
https://youtu.be/raFHlwVp4LI

If a hero is someone who will stand up against crushing odds to defend their homeland, then the woman and child in the opening scene were.... heroes.

Jesse Ventura also won a $1.8M defamation case against Chris Kyle and his estate for one of his apparently made up stories from his American Sniper book.
Back to top
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator


Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 24711
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G


PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting film. I recommend watching it back to back with Zero Dark 30.
Those two films would compliment each other.

_________________
Tech support for nothing

CRT.

HD done right!
Back to top
View user's photo album (27 photos)
draganm



Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 8600
Location: Colorado


PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Duderino wrote:
I'm no big fan of Adam Kokesh, but he did some interesting interviews of people exiting the theater and gave a different perspective with a dose of rational reason:
https://youtu.be/raFHlwVp4LI


thanks, from now on any time I ask myself "how could this country be so f*ck*** up?" I'll just watch that.

The average person is a f*cking moron, and you should have to pass a basic intelligence test before even being allowed to vote. I just don't see any other solution, the "every person gets a vote" clause of the Constitution is simply flawed and wrong.

_________________
MARQUEE HD MODS: Bring your Marquee CRT projector (or clone) back up to spec and offer even greater performance!
Back to top
View user's photo album (2 photos)
jbmeyer13



Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 1084



PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: American Sniper Reply with quote

draganm wrote:
Curt Palme wrote:
What was weird is if you take out the urge to go to war, and replace it with CRT projectors and electronics, I saw myself in the main character. Food for thought!
I'm sure they did a fantastic job of convincing the next generation of 19 year old fools that going to "Eye-rack" was actually pretty heroic and glamorous and you should join the army so you don't miss the next one. Laughing

They actually interviewed ole Bradly on NPR and asked him how he felt about glamorizing a war that was a disaster for our country. He dodged the question and blurted something out about being an actor and being "totally engrossed" in his job to the point where he doesn't have the time to examine his job Philosophically , blah, blah, blah,Chicken sh*t.


Of course he'll dodge that question because saying anything which could be construed as right wing commentary could effect his ability to work.

_________________
Projector: Modded 9501LC ULtra- MP VIM, Vold VNB, ETECH LVPS, Silver VIM Cables, HD10F's & a V1 case!
Back to top
draganm



Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 8600
Location: Colorado


PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: American Sniper Reply with quote

jbmeyer13 wrote:

Of course he'll dodge that question because saying anything which could be construed as right wing commentary could effect his ability to work.
is Bradley cooper a "kin" of Ted Nugent though? I saw a piece on him doing Elephant Man on Broadway and it was pretty amazing . You'd think that a guy like that would be pretty intelligent and open minded instead of an ignorant f*ck who believes the Iraq invasion was a righteous crusade for Freedom.
My guess is he dodged the question because he doesn't really care, is non-political. Unfortunately when you make a movie like that your pushing someones agenda whether you intend to or not.

_________________
MARQUEE HD MODS: Bring your Marquee CRT projector (or clone) back up to spec and offer even greater performance!
Back to top
View user's photo album (2 photos)
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Movie & Media Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum