Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Marantz NR1501 problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RMKRacing

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject: Marantz NR1501 problem Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Just came across this forum and am hoping somebody can help me out. I recently moved my equipment around and hooked everything back up where it needed to be. Powered on my system and realized the hdmi out was not plugged in. I carefully pulled the receiver out from my stand and while doing that I heard a quick pop from the receiver. I looked at the face and the standby light was flashing. Tried to power the unit on and nothing. I reset it by holding the menu and enter button and the standby light turned solid red. I powered the unit back on, I get one click, the face illuminates and shuts right back off and the standby light flashes again. Anyone have any idea what this could be. I'm thinking it may be the standby board shorted some how while I was pulling the receiver out. Any info or advice would be great. Thanks.

Ryan
El Duderino

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only suggest you unplug the AC and disconnect all speaker wires. Then try the reset again. Perhaps there was a wild hair in one of the speaker connections causing a short when you moved it around?
RMKRacing

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave that a shot... I have it on the bench with just the Ac plugged in and does the same thing. So frustrating. I don't see any signs of a burnt board or anything.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You won't see a sign of a burnt board. Most likely one of the transistors on one amplifier stage shorted, causing the unit to go into protect mode. you'll need a tech to troubleshoot and fix this if it's even worth it.
RMKRacing

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been trying to find a service manual for it but can't find one anywhere. Was hoping that would help me diagnose the problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: